Do you approve of Saturdays pitch invasion?

Did you approve of the pitch invasion

Yes
52%
No
48%

Total votes: 102
paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Do you approve of Saturdays pitch invasion?

by paultheroyal » 14 Feb 2022 10:57

Pitch invasion is just mongish. The numbers on the pitch confirmed that.

Just stay in stands and repeatedly sing Pauno out and after the game - job done.

Instead you have the pictures that are doing rounds and look idiotic.

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 14 Feb 2022 11:03

NathStPaul Yes and they didn't go far enough, wanted way more on the pitch than that.

Anyone who has an issue with a few of our hardcore supporters making their voices heard are part of the problem. Your passive attitude are part of the reason we are where we are.

^^^

ILoveMoonPig

by ILoveMoonPig » 14 Feb 2022 11:26

Orion1871 Absolutely not. One of them knocked my prawn sandwich out of my hand and it went all over my fleece and the Liverpool shirt my son was wearing.

Hoodlums the lot of them.

I feel your pain, i've had my scullery maid working non-stop, but i don't think she'll get the caviar stains out of my tweed sports jacket.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 14 Feb 2022 11:27

ILoveMoonPig
Orion1871 Absolutely not. One of them knocked my prawn sandwich out of my hand and it went all over my fleece and the Liverpool shirt my son was wearing.

Hoodlums the lot of them.

I feel your pain, i've had my scullery maid working non-stop, but i don't think she'll get the caviar stains out of my tweed sports jacket.

They aren't caviar stains......

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 14 Feb 2022 11:44

Didn't see it, depends what they actually did in the pitch.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 14 Feb 2022 11:50

Apparently Mr Dai has seen that nearly 50% of fans dont approve of the pitch invasion and reversed his decision to sack the manager which had been based entirely on the fact that 8 people ran onto the pitch after the final whistle.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Feb 2022 11:56

I empathise with and understand those who invaded. But I think it's the wrong form of protest and not one I would join in with.

It opens the door to a different type of narrative being used to dismiss it and undermine it as negative and thuggish. And it raises the risk of the club being fined.

Saying that, for those reasons it can be one of the most effective forms of protest. Because any club will want to stop it happening.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 14 Feb 2022 12:13

I don't agree with it at all because it was just an impulsive decision by a small section of the fans. I think much like the 1pm protest it would have been better if there was some organisation, I know that can be difficult due to the nature of a pitch invasion but again it just felt like there wasn't any real purpose to the pitch invasion.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 14 Feb 2022 12:37

I understand why it happened - didn't bother me. Some people vent frustrations in different ways, I'd rather they got on the pitch then boil over in the stands.
Not a huge supporter of angry fans going onto the pitch as it does tend to get the wrong message across, ie angry fans run onto pitch and confront manager after losing headlines - which I know was not the intention, but could be easily spun like that.
If there was a clearer message from the pitch invaders on why they were doing it - like the protests before the game, It would be taken more seriously than a few 'louts' giving it the biggun on the pitch that could be portrayed.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 14 Feb 2022 12:54

Well it was better than nothing. I would have liked to have seen more if I’m honest we have been silent for to long.
Birmingham who are no where near as bad as us threw lemon’s and tennis balls on the pitch Saturday. Obviously I would not want to see players put in danger, but we have to do more than just stand outside the ground with a banner.

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 14 Feb 2022 13:36

The Pants protest avoided pitch invasion controversy, but almost fell foul of "missile rules" there was even a suggestion that pants could be a biohazard!
Personally I would not invade a pitch, but on the basis that any publicity highlights an issue, maybe the invaders had their point of view and condemning them is a tad harsh.
Problem is that a sparse invasion finishes up with participants looking lost and aimless!

biff

by biff » 14 Feb 2022 13:50

It's was made up of the small crowd of aquascutum scarf wearing divs that boo the knee in y26, and some kids getting a photo. Less of the hero worship.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 14 Feb 2022 15:05

Let's separate how they went about it, and who the people were from whether or not a pitch invasion was a good idea. THat's what the question is for me.

In the good old days with more numbers, it wouldn't just be the nuttiest folk it'd be most of the young folk, but quite respectful and decent. The makeup of the protesters in this instance is purely a reflection of the low numbers overall. Even in the old days it's always been the nuttiest lot that would dare to jump over and the rest of us reasonable lot would follow.

Hence I fully approve of the pitch invasion and as I say above only wish the alleged nuttiness was diluted by more reasonable fans following. Sadly we were just left with the brave militant few.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 14 Feb 2022 15:08

It's a bit like when someone throws an egg at a politician I don't like. I know that in principle it's wrong, but it feel right.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 14 Feb 2022 15:12

Elm Park Kid It's a bit like when someone throws an egg at a politician I don't like. I know that in principle it's wrong, but it feel right.

Yeh this is where I am. And like the egg, it's not that big a deal.

If players or officials are being assaulted, or a spot of vandalism/criminal damage then sure that's not cool, but a few #lads on the pitch? Fair play to them.

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 14 Feb 2022 15:21

Pity it couldn't have been a collective raspberry, something that Serbians and Brits are famous for, but for slightly different reasons!
:wink: :wink: :wink:

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 14 Feb 2022 15:27

No, I cannot condone the disgraceful acts of hooliganism from the Leftie wing of Reading Scorpions.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 14 Feb 2022 16:09

Giant meh.

Hope we don’t see a repeat. Don’t want us to become like all those clubs having weekly crowd trouble atm.

There’s literally zero glory in it, but some people throwing a temper tantrum is small potatoes.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 14 Feb 2022 16:25

The next pitch invasion should be much larger

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 14 Feb 2022 16:43

Royal_jimmy The next pitch invasion should be much larger

The guys who did it need to coordinate better then, get some others on side, make it as peaceful as possible so no-one can play the "but they woz thugz" card.