Ince out!

1204 posts
under the tin

Re: Ince out!

by under the tin » 11 Apr 2023 07:32

Uke
paultheroyal Financial constraints will surely mean he can only go on gardening leave with Bowen and Hunt taking over. I’d imagine all fans would take that.

For those out of work and realistic appointments - Nathan Jones anyone?

He’s been gone too long

It could be a cruel summer

Waiting in the wings could be Robert de Niro

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 11 Apr 2023 07:44

I think we have gone beyond being saved this season. As mentioned above, I’d be happy with Jones as he has a proven track record in League One and we’d be a good fit.

It would be good for someone to assess the squad/youngsters and see what we need for next season. At least the embargo will be lifted and our wage bill be pretty low so someone like Jones might see us a good opportunity.

Franconian Royal

by Franconian Royal » 11 Apr 2023 07:52

Is it Nathan Jones that Mick Gooding doesn't like because of his playing time? Or was it the Cowley brothers?
Either way, I'm for someone who can give a lease of life. Should we go down, perhaps either of the above-mentioned names could be good. But IF and the IF is very big at the moment, we need someone who will not be sacked by Christmas / by this time time next season. Chopping and changing is stupid, we need to build something and the owner needs to understand that it ain't coming from constantly hiring and firing managers.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 11 Apr 2023 08:15

Franconian Royal Is it Nathan Jones that Mick Gooding doesn't like because of his playing time? Or was it the Cowley brothers?
Either way, I'm for someone who can give a lease of life. Should we go down, perhaps either of the above-mentioned names could be good. But IF and the IF is very big at the moment, we need someone who will not be sacked by Christmas / by this time time next season. Chopping and changing is stupid, we need to build something and the owner needs to understand that it ain't coming from constantly hiring and firing managers.

Way to go, appoint a manager that only lasts more than 6 months at Luton.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 11 Apr 2023 08:23

Franconian Royal Is it Nathan Jones that Mick Gooding doesn't like because of his playing time? Or was it the Cowley brothers?

That's because we keep hiring poor managers in the first place.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 11 Apr 2023 08:30

Thinking Hunt/Bowen until end of season and the Mysterious Mister Jones arriving in the summer.

Franconian Royal

by Franconian Royal » 11 Apr 2023 08:36

Royal_jimmy

That's because we keep hiring poor managers in the first place.

Then the owner should, perhaps, think about getting a tried and tested manager in.

clauski

by clauski » 11 Apr 2023 08:50

Hate to say it but we also play a part in the instability of this club in recent times, perhaps demanding change and expecting more than is realistic. Paunovic had a really good first season; yes season 2 was poor and yes we still couldn’t see games out. But I felt he at least had some competence. Since then we’ve seemed nothing but a basic battling side, much in the style of the current managers playing career, but that’s not enough to lead a team effectively.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 11 Apr 2023 08:51

Not Nathan Jones ffs he's an awful manager

Rather the Cowley brothers

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 11 Apr 2023 08:55

Sutekh Thinking Hunt/Bowen until end of season and the Myzsterious Mizster Jones arriving in the summer.

Corrected for you, but I like wot you dun! By the summer, Ince will be far far away.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 11 Apr 2023 08:59

under the tin
Uke
paultheroyal Financial constraints will surely mean he can only go on gardening leave with Bowen and Hunt taking over. I’d imagine all fans would take that.

For those out of work and realistic appointments - Nathan Jones anyone?

He’s been gone too long

And that’s what gets results

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 11 Apr 2023 09:06

Uke
under the tin
Uke
He’s been gone too long

That's really saying something

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 11 Apr 2023 09:08

Lost all faith in Ince. He's a tactical numpty. I can't see where the next win comes from.

Some of us older farts have seen the Third Division before. It's not pretty, and we could be there for a long time. It is what it is. But Ince is not the man to bring us back up either.

Needs to go in the summer!

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 11 Apr 2023 09:10

tmesis
Uke
under the tin

That's really saying something

I wonder if former centre back Mark Venus is available to take over until the end of the season?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 11 Apr 2023 09:24

Uke
under the tin
He’s been gone too long

Actually thinking that Robert de Niro would be a better appointment than about 4 or 5 of Reading’s last managerial appointments.

elrey

by elrey » 11 Apr 2023 09:34

PATRIQT Lost all faith in Ince. He's a tactical numpty. I can't see where the next win comes from.

Some of us older farts have seen the Third Division before. It's not pretty, and we could be there for a long time. It is what it is. But Ince is not the man to bring us back up either.

Needs to go in the summer!

I was criticizing him before the World Cup on here, saying he reaches a point at which it all falls off a cliff.

Since then we've won four times, once to a team below us now, I mean, there are teams below us, shockingly, and to Rotherham who we'd be ahead of without the points deduction.

So predictable.

If we took the games we've won as the season, ignoring everything else, that's 13 games, and half way through the season would be the Huddlesfield game on the 1st October. Literally 12th game of the season.

He's done this same thing at most clubs he's had the chance to do it at. He gets the players running and running and putting in the effort, but it becomes unsustainable and the players can't put in that much effort every game, so it all starts falling apart.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 11 Apr 2023 10:02

He's gone.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 11 Apr 2023 10:07

GET IN

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 11 Apr 2023 10:08

Thank god, he's been sacked. No Alex Rae either.

Come on Noel! us fans are right behind you.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 11 Apr 2023 10:20

Correct if slightly late decision. It was too late for an external appointment and Noel seems like a motivator plus Bowen is around too. We can only hope for a quick new manager bounce.

1204 posts