Selles out

859 posts

Should Selles be shown the door now before the inevitable mid season sacking

Yes (and appoint Ian)
46%
No (it's a wonderful appointment and he'll get the club to scale heights never before seen at Reading)
43%
He won't be appointed in the first place
10%

Total votes: 69
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Selles out

by Hound » 10 Dec 2023 18:18

tmesis Even if we did sack him, who would come in, knowing a new owner could come in and decide he wants somebody else in job?

Yeah guess that’s part of the issue

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 10 Dec 2023 18:23

Hound
tmesis Even if we did sack him, who would come in, knowing a new owner could come in and decide he wants somebody else in job?

Parky would jump at the opportunity, he would even take a pay cut!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Dec 2023 18:36

karbota
Hound

Only if he was insane

On Strings

by On Strings » 10 Dec 2023 20:11

karbota
Hound

No he wouldn't. He's said in the past he wouldn't want to manage us. That was back when he was with Bradford, but for whatever reason, he isn't fond of the idea of managing us, and considering how the club looks today, I doubt he'll have changed his mind.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 10 Dec 2023 20:52

As much of a subpar manager Selles is, the club simply has far too many issues for them to be fixed by having someone else.

We have absolutely no chance of staying up for as long as the club does not have new owners.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 10 Dec 2023 22:42

On Strings
karbota
Hound

No he wouldn't. He's said in the past he wouldn't want to manage us. That was back when he was with Bradford, but for whatever reason, he isn't fond of the idea of managing us, and considering how the club looks today, I doubt he'll have changed his mind.

And now thanks to that fat Chinese prick Dai Yongge we are setting up to be the next Bradford :x and some fans thought relegation would be a good thing :lol:

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 Dec 2023 22:44

RG30
ILoveMoonPig Does anyone feel vaguely sick watching Chris Wilder walk back into Sheffield United and see him have a nearly instant impact? If we can believe the press reports, we were so close to having him at manager.

Wilder would have jumped at the first opportunity, something he has form for.

Yeh, this. He would've walked before a ball had even been kicked.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 11 Dec 2023 05:15

Parky was warned years ago not to take the job by people who knew him because of the state of the club. This was before all the points deductions and before he joined Wrexham. Nothing will have happened since to change his mind.

So ignore Karboot and his shtick.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 11 Dec 2023 08:14

Well I woke up to a very random dream this morning. Random as I usually neither remember my dreams or dream about football but if this dream were to come true - we will hear something positive about the takeover this week following a 2-1 win over Oxford. The new owners will then go on to give the job to Steve Bruce.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 11 Dec 2023 09:03

karbota
Hound

:lol: :lol:

Seriously, which drug is carboot on?
Last edited by Sutekh on 11 Dec 2023 09:05, edited 1 time in total.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 11 Dec 2023 09:05

Stranded Well I woke up to a very random dream this morning. Random as I usually neither remember my dreams or dream about football but if this dream were to come true - we will hear something positive about the takeover this week following a 2-1 win over Oxford. The new owners will then go on to give the job to Steve Bruce.

It has come to this that Steve Bruce would be a step forward for the club.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 11 Dec 2023 09:09

Sutekh
karbota
Hound

He's playing for attention.

To be fair, if the right ownership came in I could see him returning "one day" after his time at Wrexham has come to a natural end - help rebuild a club close to his heart. But the hierarchy would be key.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 11 Dec 2023 10:28

stop quoting the guy

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 11 Dec 2023 10:39

"He's playing for attention"

So they quote him relentlessly..... So much :|

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Dec 2023 12:01

WestYorksRoyal
Sutekh
karbota

To be fair, if the right ownership came in I could see him returning "one day" after his time at Wrexham has come to a natural end - help rebuild a club close to his heart. But the hierarchy would be key.

I can't. Either we have the right set up and we're too big a job for him, or we have the wrong set up and he should avoid us like the plague.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 11 Dec 2023 12:04

Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal
Sutekh

I can't. Either we have the right set up and we're too big a job for him, or we have the wrong set up and he should avoid us like the plague.

If we get the right set up, we don't become a big job overnight. There would be a L2/L1 rebuild job.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Dec 2023 12:07

WestYorksRoyal
Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal He's playing for attention.

If we get the right set up, we don't become a big job overnight. There would be a L2/L1 rebuild job.

He's done big expectations and failed before. Our expectations with the right ownership would be essentially instant promotion from L2 or at least pushing for L1 play offs first full season.

His recent success is NL and L2 with bags of money to buy success, whilst we can't pay for a signing for at least another year.

If we were where we are now 10 years ago, yeah.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 11 Dec 2023 12:11

Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal
Snowflake Royal I can't. Either we have the right set up and we're too big a job for him, or we have the wrong set up and he should avoid us like the plague.

He's done big expectations and failed before. Our expectations with the right ownership would be essentially instant promotion from L2 or at least pushing for L1 play offs first full season.

His recent success is NL and L2 with bags of money to buy success, whilst we can't pay for a signing for at least another year.

He took Colchester to the Championship and Bradford to the L1 play-offs, not to mention their cup run.

His Championship record is not good, but the only blemish at this level was Sunderland who were a massive club for whom success had to be instant. We're a patient bunch here. Even in L2 we'd know that the best success needs firm foundations.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Dec 2023 13:03

WestYorksRoyal
Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal If we get the right set up, we don't become a big job overnight. There would be a L2/L1 rebuild job.

He took Colchester to the Championship and Bradford to the L1 play-offs, not to mention their cup run.

His Championship record is not good, but the only blemish at this level was Sunderland who were a massive club for whom success had to be instant. We're a patient bunch here. Even in L2 we'd know that the best success needs firm foundations.

He left Colchester in 2006 and Bradford in 2016. Hence why I said '10 years ago, yeah'

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 11 Dec 2023 13:10

Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal
Snowflake Royal He's done big expectations and failed before. Our expectations with the right ownership would be essentially instant promotion from L2 or at least pushing for L1 play offs first full season.

He left Colchester in 2006 and Bradford in 2016. Hence why I said '10 years ago, yeah'

I didn't mention his more recent achievements at Bolton and Wrexham. Big budget at the latter but we of all fans know that doesn't guarantee success.

The debate is whether it would ever be possible. In the event it was, I would expect 90% of fans to snap your hand off.

859 posts