Injury watch 2023/24

297 posts
morganb
Hob Nob Regular

Injury watch 2023/24

by morganb » 27 Jun 2023 12:19

And so it begins...

The squad returned to training yesterday however Carroll and Yiadom have both had surgery and were unable to take part.

MartinRdg

Re: Injury watch 2023/24

by MartinRdg » 27 Jun 2023 12:23

morganb And so it begins...

The squad returned to training yesterday however Carroll and Yiadom have both had surgery and were unable to take part.

So just the 6 fit first team players then.....

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Jun 2023 12:42

MartinRdg
morganb And so it begins...

So just the 6 fit first team players then.....

Think you’ll have to change your definition of a first team player.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 27 Jun 2023 12:45

Was Hutch there? Ejaria??

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Jun 2023 12:46

Yes.no.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 17 Jul 2023 12:27

No Carroll or Yiadom against Sutton (though Yiadom was apparently in the crowd)

Some rumours that Ejaria is missing as he had an operation at the end of the season (not seen anything concrete though)

Also assumptions that Jahmari Clarke is still injured after his FGR loan spell last season

Good news is that Michael Stickland has returned from injury recently

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Jul 2023 13:32

Carroll
Yiadom
Ejaria
Clarke (Jah)

Only 4? Wonder how many it'll be by the time season starts....

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 17 Jul 2023 14:01

morganb No Carroll or Yiadom against Sutton (though Yiadom was apparently in the crowd)

Some rumours that Ejaria is missing as he had an operation at the end of the season (not seen anything concrete though)

Also assumptions that Jahmari Clarke is still injured after his FGR loan spell last season

Good news is that Michael Stickland has returned from injury recently

I'm sure Noel said something in a pres conf (soon after he took over first team) about Ejaria having a knee op.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Jul 2023 23:49

Current status

Ejaria - knee injury - September return
Yiadom - hoped to be able to play some part in remaining friendlies
Carroll - hoped to be able to play some part in remaining friendlies

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 23 Jul 2023 03:19

Sutekh Current status

Suggests Hutchinson wasn't injured, just not selected. Wonder if he's still not up to full speed yet, or he was simply being saved for QPR once he'll be able to play with Wing and Savage.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Jul 2023 06:34

Clyde1998
Sutekh Current status

Suggests Hutchinson wasn't injured, just not selected. Wonder if he's still not up to full speed yet, or he was simply being saved for QPR once he'll be able to play with Wing and Savage.

No news on Hutch one way or another, he was speaking to BBC Berks after the Sutton game and was reported to be fine. I would suggest that given he was part of the squad at Sutton last week but had disappeared from the squad for yesterday's game that it is likely he's picked up an injury in training, just have to wait for someone to ask the club or he reappears back in the squad.

Mbengue might be another concern as would have expected him in the squad yesterday.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Jul 2023 07:05

It could just be that they wanted to take an extended look at Senga and the trialist, and give time to Craig too.

You know what you get with Hutch. And he just needs to stay fit.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 23 Jul 2023 07:12

Sutekh
Clyde1998
Sutekh Current status

No news on Hutch one way or another, he was speaking to BBC Berks after the Sutton game and was reported to be fine. I would suggest that given he was part of the squad at Sutton last week but had disappeared from the squad for yesterday's game that it is likely he's picked up an injury in training, just have to wait for someone to ask the club or he reappears back in the squad.

Mbengue might be another concern as would have expected him in the squad yesterday.

Hopefully it's something minor, even an illness, if he is injured as he did look one of our best players against Sutton - and would be a good experienced head to have on the pitch, especially with a lot of the players we've got being fairly inexperienced.

I wonder if Mbengue isn't fit enough yet to feature, as I don't know if he was training with us (or anyone else) prior his contract was extended. Would've thought he'd be fit enough to get ten minutes off the bench though. I'd start getting a bit concerned if he's not in the squad against QPR, or especially Swansea.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 23 Jul 2023 08:05

Clyde1998
Sutekh
Clyde1998 Suggests Hutchinson wasn't injured, just not selected. Wonder if he's still not up to full speed yet, or he was simply being saved for QPR once he'll be able to play with Wing and Savage.

Hopefully it's something minor, even an illness, if he is injured as he did look one of our best players against Sutton - and would be a good experienced head to have on the pitch, especially with a lot of the players we've got being fairly inexperienced.

I wonder if Mbengue isn't fit enough yet to feature, as I don't know if he was training with us (or anyone else) prior his contract was extended. Would've thought he'd be fit enough to get ten minutes off the bench though. I'd start getting a bit concerned if he's not in the squad against QPR, or especially Swansea.

Mbengue is awaiting international clearance after signing the new contract before he can play. Expected to be issued without any problems.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 23 Jul 2023 08:12

Royals and Racers
Clyde1998
Sutekh

Mbengue is awaiting international clearance after signing the new contract before he can play. Expected to be issued without any problems.

Fair enough. With him being an active Senegal youth international, that shouldn't be a problem - just takes a bit of time.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Jul 2023 09:01

Hutch ‘felt something in training’ apparently and was left out as a precaution

Not exactly encouraging after last season. Expecting AC and Yiadom to play some part in the next PSF

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Jul 2023 10:30

Hound Hutch ‘felt something in training’ apparently and was left out as a precaution

Not exactly encouraging after last season. Expecting AC and Yiadom to play some part in the next PSF

Seeing those initials, be great if Reading could land a striker with the initials DC.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 29 Jul 2023 17:34

It sounds like Smith has a long term quad injury :o

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 29 Jul 2023 17:40

blythspartan It sounds like Smith has a long term quad injury :o

Just what have Reading done to be continuously bedevilled by injury crisis after injury crisis?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 29 Jul 2023 18:29

Yiadom and Carroll both looked comfortable, so that's something I guess. Although it'll probably turn out that they were never injured and are only sticking around until we're able to replace them.

297 posts