Embargos, HMRC Payment defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

2555 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: I've lost count - Embargos, HMRC Payent defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

by Stranded » 30 Nov 2023 08:21

This is all just a little bit boring now isn't it - on the page, off the page. Dai is clearly prioritising wage payments knowing there is a process that has to be followed by the tax authorities and hoping that a deal is concluded to sell the club before he is forced to pay it - when it isn't he pays it and we go around again.

He is clearly hoping, or doesn't care, that as there is no precident for deductions for non-payment of tax that one won't be applied (a gamble that a new deduction for tax may kill off any sale) esp as a sale process is apparently well underway but not paying wages will see us lose more points hence, hopefully, paying those today.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: I've lost count - Embargos, HMRC Payent defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

by WestYorksRoyal » 30 Nov 2023 08:36

The narrative about politics in China making it harder to get the money out is clearly bollocks. When he wants to pay, it gets paid. He just doesn't care, and it's not just HMRC. It's hotels for away games, players providing own equipment etc.,

The sooner he's gone the better.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Nov 2023 08:40

WestYorksRoyal The narrative about politics in China making it harder to get the money out is clearly bollocks. When he wants to pay, it gets paid. He just doesn't care, and it's not just HMRC. It's hotels for away games, players providing own equipment etc.,

Once exclusivity is signed, does that mean the "new owners" can start picking up the tab for things or do we get yet another month with the same old cr@p again.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 30 Nov 2023 09:02

Sutekh
WestYorksRoyal The narrative about politics in China making it harder to get the money out is clearly bollocks. When he wants to pay, it gets paid. He just doesn't care, and it's not just HMRC. It's hotels for away games, players providing own equipment etc.,

Once exclusivity is signed, does that mean the "new owners" can start picking up the tab for things or do we get yet another month with the same old cr@p again.

A loan deducted from the final price could happen, like 777 and Everton. But no chance of picking up the tab until all the minutae detail is done; until that point it remains Dai's business and his responsibility.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 30 Nov 2023 11:05

The unspoken fear of course, is that when the potential new owners get to drill into the books as part of their Corporate due diligence, they find that it is sucha sh1tshow that they either walk away, or tell Dai that they are going to offer much less than they had provisionally agreed - which, inevitably, Dai will reject; then we really will be in uncharted waters and Administration will be a very real possibility.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Nov 2023 11:14

Mr Angry The unspoken fear of course, is that when the potential new owners get to drill into the books as part of their Corporate due diligence, they find that it is sucha sh1tshow that they either walk away, or tell Dai that they are going to offer much less than they had provisionally agreed - which, inevitably, Dai will reject; then we really will be in uncharted waters and Administration will be a very real possibility.

Well let's hope he's been a good boy and been open and honest with the new chaps.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 30 Nov 2023 12:01

I would presume that any potential buyer is expecting a shit show in the first place - just look at us. But who knows, they could find someone which is even worse than their expectations such as using the club to launder money and finance terrorism.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Nov 2023 12:11

Sutekh
Mr Angry The unspoken fear of course, is that when the potential new owners get to drill into the books as part of their Corporate due diligence, they find that it is sucha sh1tshow that they either walk away, or tell Dai that they are going to offer much less than they had provisionally agreed - which, inevitably, Dai will reject; then we really will be in uncharted waters and Administration will be a very real possibility.

Well let's hope he's been a good boy and been open and honest with the new chaps.

There seem enough interested parties that even if the fav falls through there are others.

And I maintain that naked self interest will see Dai sell evetually because £10m-£30m isn't insignificant even to him.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Nov 2023 12:14

WestYorksRoyal I would presume that any potential buyer is expecting a shit show in the first place - just look at us. But who knows, they could find someone which is even worse than their expectations such as using the club to launder money and finance terrorism.

Then the Gov could seize us and sell us to whoever they like for peanuts.

Sadly that would probably be to a corrupt donor who is also a known sex offender.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Nov 2023 12:54

Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal I would presume that any potential buyer is expecting a shit show in the first place - just look at us. But who knows, they could find someone which is even worse than their expectations such as using the club to launder money and finance terrorism.

Sadly that would probably be to a corrupt donor who is also a known sex offender.

:) so true

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 30 Nov 2023 13:23

Snowflake Royal

Or Will Storey ... :D

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

Re: another, thants right another embargo for late PAYE payments - a new embargo

by Jackson Corner » 30 Nov 2023 14:30

karbota
tidus_mi2
blythspartan Signing players was fun while it lasted. Hopefully, the other rumour from yesterday of new investment being imminent is also true.

I didn't even see this rumour, was it from a reliable source?

I think it originated from Coutts Bank!

More likely Bearings

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 30 Nov 2023 15:59

Brace yourself for some bad news guys.......

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 30 Nov 2023 16:10

Elm Park Kid Brace yourself for some bad news guys.......

Are Snickers about to get even smaller ?

Webster750

by Webster750 » 30 Nov 2023 16:26

Staff only receiving a portion of their wages today. Disgusting at any time, let alone this close to Christmas.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 30 Nov 2023 16:33

Televised game on Sunday. Time for match abandonment?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Nov 2023 16:38

Elm Park Kid Brace yourself for some bad news guys.......

More like absolutely horrendous news

Solely on the football side - So another -4 points, all that positivity down the drain

And obvs shocking news to anyone relying on that pay cheque, esp at this time of the year.

Shit news for Brogue less importantly who ensured us it was going to be paid

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 30 Nov 2023 16:39

Webster750 Staff only receiving a portion of their wages today. Disgusting at any time, let alone this close to Christmas.

Doesn’t get more pcuntish and insensitive than that

He’ll soon be telling the staff that work will make them free of this disaster

Needle

by Needle » 30 Nov 2023 16:39

WestYorksRoyal Televised game on Sunday. Time for match abandonment?

At another ground? That'd be a pcunt's trick

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 30 Nov 2023 16:43

Six points added to our League total. Then another points deduction. How many will it be this time? I am now thinking Dai is doing this on purpose, just to get back at the fans who are calling for him to sell up and go.

2555 posts