TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3413 posts
Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by Norfolk Royal » 14 Mar 2024 08:44

All i've got in my head at the moment is Jim Morrison singing 'This is the end.'

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 14 Mar 2024 08:44

leon Flip side would be that Dai has sold the only thing he could. Now the club can't get any sort of ridiculous valuation he wants so he might as well just sell it off at any price and fcuk off. EDIT: What Winst said,

As the article said Bolton sold their training ground to Wigan. As has been said no one knows what he's thinking and in any procurement or sale you have to try and understand the opposite numbers pov. Here we just don't know.

It's possible. The past 6 years, his other 2 liquidated clubs and poor communication throughout this sorry affair make assuming the worst our default position.

There is an alternative that the money is enough to keep the club afloat for a long time (£20m is a lot of money at our level) and we'll find a buyer for a reduced price. It also weeds out property developers masquerading as football fans.

But why would anyone believe the good scenario? What shred of evidence have we ever received to point to that? It all points to liquidation and Dai walking off with whatever is left of the cash received.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 14 Mar 2024 08:44

leon Flip side would be that Dai has sold the only thing he could. Now the club can't get any sort of ridiculous valuation he wants so he might as well just sell it off at any price and fcuk off. EDIT: What Winst said,

As the article said Bolton sold their training ground to Wigan. As has been said no one knows what he's thinking and in any procurement or sale you have to try and understand the opposite numbers pov. Here we just don't know.

yep, I shall stay positive until the ship finally goes beneath water. even then I will be laying on a door floating in the atlantic saying 'just hold on lads, someone will be a long in a minute and it will all be fine!' :lol:

if Bearwood is sold then we are suddenly a much cheaper club to buy. If a prospective owner knows he can get us a long term rental on some shoddy training facility 50 miles away, that could be what leads to us being bought out.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Mar 2024 08:45

Most positive reading of this is as follows - I don't believe this for a moment but anyway:

Reports by Bucks Free Press put the sale at 22m. Club sees all of this - I know, I know.

Immediate cashflow problems are gone - not sure how long 22m lasts but lets say that covers next season as well even without additional income. Mid-term, club secure.

Asking price for the club not markedly lower - sale includes stadium. Price now say 15-20m as training ground no longer there.

Club progress with new stable owner and owning the stadium.

Agreement with Wycombe to continue utilising parts of Bearwood or to build a smaller complex on it.

The above almost makes sense if you are dealing with rational human beings but we are not. So we are fcuked. Least I'll probably be able to wean myself of this time waster of a site.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 14 Mar 2024 08:47

Norfolk Royal All i've got in my head at the moment is Jim Morrison singing 'This is the end.'

I've got Blur, No distance left to run

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Mar 2024 08:49

Snowflake Royal
blythspartan That’s it for me we’re dead.

The only shed of light I can see is we share the training ground with Wycombe and maybe Dai sells the club and stadium for next to nothing. I want to hear something official from the club and there needs to be an announcement today.

Hasn't the main interested party just walked?

We're done, we've been done since we were lied to about a sale in October. The one thing of genuine value is gone, with no alternative training ground. Not just the value of the club just plummeted, but the costs of buying now include building a nee training ground or being beholden to Wycombe.

Athletic reported a group has walked. We have no idea if they were the "one in the lead" Howe refers to, or one of the other interested parties.

Either way, if one group has walked - quite likely others have or will too - unless they spy a better deal on the stadium. Who knows, club may appeal more to someone like a Mike Ashley now given he was most interested in the stadium.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Mar 2024 08:50

bcubed
Norfolk Royal All i've got in my head at the moment is Jim Morrison singing 'This is the end.'

I've got Kansas, Dust in the Wind....

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 14 Mar 2024 08:51

Sutekh
bcubed

I've got Kansas, Dust in the Wind....

Journey - Don't Stop Believin'

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 14 Mar 2024 08:54

Winston Biscuit

yep, I shall stay positive until the ship finally goes beneath water. even then I will be laying on a door floating in the atlantic saying 'just hold on lads, someone will be a long in a minute and it will all be fine!' :lol:

if Bearwood is sold then we are suddenly a much cheaper club to buy. If a prospective owner knows he can get us a long term rental on some shoddy training facility 50 miles away, that could be what leads to us being bought out.

Well hold on one minute. There’s now a training ground near Wycombe that doesn’t have a tenant.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 14 Mar 2024 08:55

Stranded The above almost makes sense if you are dealing with rational human beings but we are not.

Bit harsh on your fellow posters there

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Mar 2024 08:57

My guess is the only way Wycombe afford this is by selling their existing training ground for property development

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Mar 2024 09:02

Right, ready for the fall out of flogging off Bearwood? How many prospective buyers will now walk away from negotiations? Stuck with Dai for another 12 months+ maybe?

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 14 Mar 2024 09:06

Winston Biscuit I generally stay pretty positive on things and have always just thought it would all work out fine for us in the end (in either L2 or at worst the Conf), but this does feel pretty desperate now.

Yeh this is the first moment I've thought there may not be a way out of this.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 14 Mar 2024 09:07

I'd like a commitment from hobnob that whatever happens he will at least keep this forum going.

It may be all we have left.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Mar 2024 09:08

Interested to know how Wycombe can afford the facility and upkeep. Doesn’t that much sense to me really. They don’t have a proper academy or a women’s teams. Or an u21 team at any sort of level afaik

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 14 Mar 2024 09:10

Hound Interested to know how Wycombe can afford the facility and upkeep. Doesn’t that much sense to me really. They don’t have a proper academy or a women’s teams. Or an u21 team at any sort of level afaik

Well they've bought it at a knock down price for a start. From a purely commercial viewpoint that can't be a bad deal for them.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 14 Mar 2024 09:10

Green I'd like a commitment from hobnob that whatever happens he will at least keep this forum going.

plot twist - HNA was bought by Dai as part of the RFC purchase, he has it registered in another company name and its been the stumbling block in the negotiations. prospective new owners have said they are happy taking on AE & General Football, but no way are they paying all that for Classified and Meeting Up

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Mar 2024 09:13

Green
Hound Interested to know how Wycombe can afford the facility and upkeep. Doesn’t that much sense to me really. They don’t have a proper academy or a women’s teams. Or an u21 team at any sort of level afaik

Well they've bought it at a knock down price for a start. From a purely commercial viewpoint that can't be a bad deal for them.

Yep indeed. Though again it’s resell value can’t be high so maybe paid more like a market rate for it

Think they must surely be looking at either reducing the size of it and selling some off or commercial agreements with other teams (possibly us)
Last edited by Hound on 14 Mar 2024 09:14, edited 1 time in total.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 14 Mar 2024 09:14

Winston Biscuit
Green I'd like a commitment from hobnob that whatever happens he will at least keep this forum going.

plot twist - HNA was bought by Dai as part of the RFC purchase, he has it registered in another company name and its been the stumbling block in the negotiations. prospective new owners have said they are happy taking on AE & General Football, but no way are they paying all that for Classified and Meeting Up

All hinges on the moderator lineup for me, will they be bringing in their own staff?

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 14 Mar 2024 09:17

Do the club own the training ground or is it another company linked to Dai? ie if he sells the training ground for £20m presumably that money goes to him not to the club.

It's still up to him if he gives any of these funds to the club to complete the season.

There was a useful picture someone posted of the company structures that would probably explain it best.

3413 posts