TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3413 posts
72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by 72 bus » 16 Mar 2024 22:27

Stranded Rumour building that something may happen tonight!

Where ?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Mar 2024 23:08

Dunno what's worse, people believing these obvious bs accounts, or the people posting this shit on the off chance they can be first to break the news. People are so emotionally invested in this it's out of order stringing them along just try and appear itk.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 16 Mar 2024 23:55

Almost nobody knew anything a day ago, now the whole fucking world know the deals going through during the week, what a load of total shit, makes me sick because lots of fans are taking it in.
Not saying there`s nothing in the pipeline though because Earnshaw and SSN were onto it, highly doubtful something will happen imminently though.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 17 Mar 2024 08:30

From what's been reported, most of it is agreed and with a reliable party you'd be confident, but there is still time for Dai to ruin it because he's a oxf*rd. And loads of "ITK" accounts are being premature so they can say they were first with it, when they're probably all speculating anyway.

Well I hope it still happens and they can claim their fake credit. A bunch of idiots but bigger things at stake.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 17 Mar 2024 09:04

Winston Biscuit If its these sports.com people then maybe a documentary is on the way

Not sure that Reading quite has the same emotional and cultural pull emotionally internationally as Wrexham does.

’This club is all about community and heritage. The fan base, consisting in large part of IT consultants from the Berkshire section of the M4 corridor, holds a minutes silence every year to commemorate the passing of two of their own fans, who were cut down in their prime at the age of 59, suffering back injuries caused by inadequate office chairs. Both fans made a full recovery after two weeks of ill health absence on full pay and a phased return to work.’

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 17 Mar 2024 09:07

Snowflake Royal
Webster750 If new ownership does occur, can we please not only remove Dai Yongge but also discard the notion that new developments don't warrant new threads?

Currently, discussions on the potential ownership change are scattered across three threads, perhaps even more, because people are hesitant to create a dedicated thread for today (and any day’s) news.

This isn't beneficial for anyone, and it would be better to consolidate discussions for clarity and efficiency. One of my biggest gripes with HNA, TBH.

This feels a weird one. We should have more threads to discuss things because the current issues are being discussed across multiple threads and its confusing? Isn't that contradictory?

Anyone can set up a new thread at any time, and if people like it, they'll use it.

Get rid of the stickies imo.

Looks like Brogue set up a load of stickies as his legacy, knowing he was gonna check out soon.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 17 Mar 2024 09:55

Uke
andrew1957 Some are talking about Bearwood and the Academy being too expensive in L1 but I disagree. Surely the Academy can be a very profitable entity if you have owners with money.

If it’s profitable why would you need owners with money to keep it afloat

The problem is an academy is profitable based on clubs wanting the assets that are produced here OR the club doing that well that the assets take the club back to the Premier League.

The second seems a bit off at the moment but the first is possible.

However in a market where I think we are going to have a crash with FFP regulations a mess at the Prem level I don't think much money will be getting bounded about. It means running with what you have or bringing through your own. Could have arguments for both, may make Reading very successful or if the right talent doesn't come through, not successful at all.

I'd like it to continue mainly as it is Eamonn Dolan's legacy.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 17 Mar 2024 10:00

If exclusivity is announced this week, can somebody explain how much comfort it provides us? Can Dai still ruin everything with no financial penalty? I thought it was when contracts were exchanged that we're over the line. Plus nobody has discussed the EFL approval process. It feels like this has plenty to run.

I've seen people discussing a scenario where the sale happens and then Wokingham Borough Council block the Bearwood deal. This would be objectively hilarious, and I wouldn't put it past Dai and Pang to be stupid enough. But it falls down on the idea that the club can be sold in a couple of weeks.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 17 Mar 2024 10:44

How people are online still bemuses me.

If you were in a pub and some random guy came up to you and said oh by the way mate the Reading FC sale is a done deal news next week and walked off you’d think nothing of it.

If some people read on X some random guy saying oh by the way the Reading sale is a done deal news next week then it’s time to tell everyone and believe it

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 17 Mar 2024 10:52

SouthDownsRoyal How people are online still bemuses me.

If you were in a pub and some random guy came up to you and said oh by the way mate the Reading FC sale is a done deal news next week and walked off you’d think nothing of it.

If some people read on X some random guy saying oh by the way the Reading sale is a done deal news next week then it’s time to tell everyone and believe it

Agreed. Not a huge user of X, formally known as twitter, but our potential takeover story really has emphasised what absolute nonsense it is.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 17 Mar 2024 10:55

Reading4eva
Uke
andrew1957 Some are talking about Bearwood and the Academy being too expensive in L1 but I disagree. Surely the Academy can be a very profitable entity if you have owners with money.

If it’s profitable why would you need owners with money to keep it afloat

The problem is an academy is profitable based on clubs wanting the assets that are produced here OR the club doing that well that the assets take the club back to the Premier League.

The second seems a bit off at the moment but the first is possible.

However in a market where I think we are going to have a crash with FFP regulations a mess at the Prem level I don't think much money will be getting bounded about. It means running with what you have or bringing through your own. Could have arguments for both, may make Reading very successful or if the right talent doesn't come through, not successful at all.

I'd like it to continue mainly as it is Eamonn Dolan's legacy.

I think part of the downfall is that the talent nurtured in the academy get agents, these agents insert release clauses or stop their client signing professional contracts, so the talent goes on the cheap or for free- but with a hefty sign on bonus for the player and agent. They're undermining the process.

Player who are any good these days expect to earn millions at an early age.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Mar 2024 11:21

Thing is the news tends to come out this way whether it’s actually true or not. Even if 80% of what is posted on Twitter is nonsense the other 20% is first with the news

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Mar 2024 11:28

Really? If someone came up to you in a pub and said that you'd not try to interrogate them further and/or spend the rest of the day online (possibly on twitter) trying to find out more and blathering to your mates about it?

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 17 Mar 2024 11:35

Hound

Thing is the news tends to come out this way whether it’s actually true or not. Even if 80% of what is posted on Twitter is nonsense the other 20% is first with the news

I would say it works more this way:

1 person claims to have inside info and says something big is happening.

A bunch of people take it as certainty, get carried away with excitement and start retweeting it out, adding in their own extra comments to make it sound like it's absolutely happening.

Other accounts then start pretending they also have inside info (for some kind of weird internet credibility game?) and rehash the original 'itk' post with slightly different wording but ultimately adding nothing extra at all

People log on to social media, are met by a load of positive noise about how this is now happening, assume it then is, so copy it paste it onto other platforms, same thing happens there.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 17 Mar 2024 11:54

WestYorksRoyal I've seen people discussing a scenario where the sale happens and then Wokingham Borough Council block the Bearwood deal. This would be objectively hilarious, and I wouldn't put it past Dai and Pang to be stupid enough. But it falls down on the idea that the club can be sold in a couple of weeks.

The result of WBC doing that is obvious

The academy closes and everyone employed there is made redundant. Facilities solid to private companies…

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 17 Mar 2024 11:58

Uke
WestYorksRoyal I've seen people discussing a scenario where the sale happens and then Wokingham Borough Council block the Bearwood deal. This would be objectively hilarious, and I wouldn't put it past Dai and Pang to be stupid enough. But it falls down on the idea that the club can be sold in a couple of weeks.

The result of WBC. doing that is obvious

The academy closes and everyone employed there is made redundant. Facilities solid to private companies…

I'm also pretty sure negotiating both at the same time is intentional. If Bearwood falls through, the sale is likely to too. So the suggestion that WBC will take until the middle of May isn't ideal. We still have our £1m shortfall, hence today's mini season ticket offer.

Earnshaw's update is positive but people are getting way ahead of themselves.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 17 Mar 2024 13:09

WestYorksRoyal
Uke

I'm also pretty sure negotiating both at the same time is intentional. If Bearwood falls through, the sale is likely to too. So the suggestion that WBC will take until the middle of May isn't ideal. We still have our £1m shortfall, hence today's mini season ticket offer.

The mini season ticket sale could be the suggestion of potential new owners. I’m not sure if it will help too much towards the £1m shortfall.

I am still not convinced that we won’t be using Bearwood next season. It’s feasible that it’s not even intended to be used by Wycombe. It could just be a case of someone wanting to own the training ground and we’ll pay rent.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Mar 2024 13:13

Winston Biscuit
Hound

I would say it works more this way:

1 person claims to have inside info and says something big is happening.

A bunch of people take it as certainty, get carried away with excitement and start retweeting it out, adding in their own extra comments to make it sound like it's absolutely happening.

Other accounts then start pretending they also have inside info (for some kind of weird internet credibility game?) and rehash the original 'itk' post with slightly different wording but ultimately adding nothing extra at all

People log on to social media, are met by a load of positive noise about how this is now happening, assume it then is, so copy it paste it onto other platforms, same thing happens there.

Yep. And the more removed the person reporting it is from. The original source the more it moves towards established fact in people's heads.

Why care about hearing something first when 80% of it is wrong. I'd rather it was slower and 90% was right.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 17 Mar 2024 13:34

blythspartan
WestYorksRoyal
Uke

The mini season ticket sale could be the suggestion of potential new owners. I’m not sure if it will help too much towards the £1m shortfall.

I am still not convinced that we won’t be using Bearwood next season. It’s feasible that it’s not even intended to be used by Wycombe. It could just be a case of someone wanting to own the training ground and we’ll pay rent.

It can easily fit two L1 teams, so would make sense so long as no EFL objections to two teams in the same division using it. Sounds like WBC do have power which is great. If it's some sort of leasing situation while the club is sold separately, I would assume it will sail through council approval. If it's an asset stripping exercise in which Reading FC get placed into liquidation or administration it's an entirely different matter.

Also, little things add up to the shortfall. £100k - £150k from ticket revenue is substantial even if it still leaves a lot to make up.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 17 Mar 2024 14:00

WestYorksRoyal
blythspartan
WestYorksRoyal I'm also pretty sure negotiating both at the same time is intentional. If Bearwood falls through, the sale is likely to too. So the suggestion that WBC will take until the middle of May isn't ideal. We still have our £1m shortfall, hence today's mini season ticket offer.

It can easily fit two L1 teams, so would make sense so long as no EFL objections to two teams in the same division using it. Sounds like WBC do have power which is great. If it's some sort of leasing situation while the club is sold separately, I would assume it will sail through council approval. If it's an asset stripping exercise in which Reading FC get placed into liquidation or administration it's an entirely different matter.

Also, little things add up to the shortfall. £100k - £150k from ticket revenue is substantial even if it still leaves a lot to make up.

I just hope the shortfall is covered or else we’ll be losing more points. EPR is normally pretty reliable so it would be interesting to see if there’s any further news about this.

3413 posts