MATCHWATCH : Eastleigh (a)

442 posts
AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Eastleigh (a)

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Dec 2023 17:23

NathStPaul Sorry pal, there are no positives when you lose to a National League club. It was gutless, spinless, pointless and other words ending with "less".
yes, the NL is not such a big void nowadays, Eastleigh are a tidy set-up, we are in a crap place, possibly destined to join (or swap with) them…..but then, we all know that.
Have seen us play worse and credit to the Spitfires, hosted the ‘protest’ well, all the talk of SC paying the wages of staff is a little distorted tho’ they have (so-far) paid 1/3 of their wages (from senior groundsman nephew).

As already stated cba getting upset about today, enjoyed the day out.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 03 Dec 2023 17:24

Sadly, I honestly think we have further to fall before we hit rock bottom. Maybe it’s just my misconception but MB didn’t sound too positive about the takeover before the game.

I am starting to believe Dai only has one objective and that’s to deliberately destroy the club because he can. I really wouldn’t put it past him to cut off his nose to spite his face. I really hope I am wrong.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Dec 2023 17:25

tmesis In some ways the worst part was that, especially in the second half, the players were trying hard, but they were still rubbish against a non-league team.
✔️pretty much what I was trying to say

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 03 Dec 2023 17:25

RoyalBlue In his post match interview Richard Hill sounded very grateful to Selles for his selection and tactics!

Richard Hill used was a first team coach at Reading back in about 2008 or something so no doubt he's delighted to put one over (however aided by the majestic Selles gameplan it was) on his former employers.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 03 Dec 2023 17:33

AthleticoSpizz
NathStPaul Sorry pal, there are no positives when you lose to a National League club. It was gutless, spinless, pointless and other words ending with "less".
yes, the NL is not such a big void nowadays, Eastleigh are a tidy set-up, we are in a crap place, possibly destined to join (or swap with) them…..but then, we all know that.
Have seen us play worse and credit to the Spitfires, hosted the ‘protest’ well, all the talk of SC paying the wages of staff is a little distorted tho’ they have (so-far) paid 1/3 of their wages (from senior groundsman nephew).

Some FA Cup prize money may have been able to pay that 1/3 of their wages instead of relying on SCL.

Nothing to worry about though.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Dec 2023 17:39

Orion1871
AthleticoSpizz

Some FA Cup prize money may have been able to pay that 1/3 of their wages instead of relying on SCL.

wouldn't touch the sides

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Dec 2023 17:43

FWIW thought we were by the far the better side when Wing and Smith came on. Wasn’t exactly a tactical masterstroke to bring 2 of our best on though was it.

Made plenty of half chances, some chances and scored a good goal. But we still looked shaky at the back during that period due to the selection and Mbengue having a poor game defensively and it’s criminal to concede from the most basic of corners in injury time (after a really poor piece of defensive play for them to get the corner)

Before Wing and Smith came on we were basically poor. Azeez did ok. Craig tidy but doesn’t pass forward enough. Pereira fine. Not a lot else

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Dec 2023 17:47

Hound FWIW thought we were by the far the better side when Wing and Smith came on. Wasn’t exactly a tactical masterstroke to bring 2 of our best on though was it.

Made plenty of half chances, some chances and scored a good goal. But we still looked shaky at the back during that period due to the selection and Mbengue having a poor game defensively and it’s criminal to concede from the most basic of corners in injury time (after a really poor piece of defensive play for them to get the corner)

Before Wing and Smith came on we were basically poor. Azeez did ok. Craig tidy but doesn’t pass forward enough. Pereira fine. Not a lot else
thank you, so not the total ‘car-crash’ that some here are peeing themselves about then?

Nothing comparable to the Kidd game thank fukk

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 03 Dec 2023 17:49

AthleticoSpizz
Orion1871
AthleticoSpizz yes, the NL is not such a big void nowadays, Eastleigh are a tidy set-up, we are in a crap place, possibly destined to join (or swap with) them…..but then, we all know that.

wouldn't touch the sides

So the SCL investment is far more significant than you gave it credit for. Think you owe them an apology.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 03 Dec 2023 17:50

blythspartan
I am starting to believe Dai only has one objective and that’s to deliberately destroy the club because he can. I really wouldn’t put it past him to cut off his nose to spite his face. I really hope I am wrong.

I don't think Dai is out to destroy the club. He could do that easily, just by shutting us down.

I do think all he cares about now is who will give him the most money, which makes the odds of another poor owner quite high.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 03 Dec 2023 17:52

AthleticoSpizz thank you, so not the total ‘car-crash’ that some here are peeing themselves about then?

Nothing comparable to the Kidd game thank fukk

Kidderminster - tidy, but no effort or urgency
Today - effort and urgency, but hopelessly sloppy

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Dec 2023 17:52

Orion1871
AthleticoSpizz
Orion1871

wouldn't touch the sides

So the SCL investment is far more significant than you gave it credit for. Think you owe them an apology.
I was referring to the £67k that we didn’t win today you goon.
As a side dish, what was the losers pot today?

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 03 Dec 2023 17:54

You have to start by giving Eastleigh credit. They're a well organised team with a decent striker - we can't complain about the result.

It's another embarrassment that will worsen our confidence and the mood in the dressing room. I assume that Selles is a dead man walking now and it's just a case of waiting for the takeover to go through.

The only bright spot was the protest. From what I hear, Dai is not exactly busting a gut to get it done, so the more pressure we can create the better.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 03 Dec 2023 17:59

AthleticoSpizz
Orion1871
AthleticoSpizz wouldn't touch the sides

I was referring to the £67k that we didn’t win today you goon.
As a side dish, what was the losers pot today?

Nothing, Zilch, Oxford all - we earned £41000 when we beat MK Dons.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Dec 2023 18:01

Ta

At least our overheads were minimal :D

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 03 Dec 2023 18:05

AthleticoSpizz Ta

We might have got around £60,000 TV money today.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 03 Dec 2023 18:10

Bad as today is, Shrewsbury was worse.

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 03 Dec 2023 18:12

WestYorksRoyal
Orion1871
Pandoras Box If we’d won that - £67,000.
Then Newport or Barnet, which theoretically this band of losers should win - another £105,000.
Could have guaranteed wages for a while with a possible £172k.

Fans doing their bit for this club, but we have the most passionless, apathetic group of players going who don’t
seem to see the gravity of the situation they’re in.
Embarrassing.

Agreed. And once again. Your Derby's, Wigans, and now your Evertons get points deductions and the players and management rally and fight their hardest. Not Reading, no our players and managers feel sorry for themselves and crumble.

It's the managers we appoint, which also comes back to Dai. Still convinced we'd have brought in a suitable appointment last summer without the off field situation.

Agreed, but that shouldn’t stop any player from having personal responsibility or pride in their work.
They were gutless, blasé, careless and half hearted. Totally unacceptable.
Certain players are so poor they shouldn’t be near a Reading shirt, they’re way below the expected level of previous Reading FC players.
If they are acceptable, we shouldn’t complain where we find ourselves now.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Dec 2023 18:13

WestYorksRoyal Bad as today is, Shrewsbury was worse.
congrats WYR (on what has to be your shortest post ever?) :wink:

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 03 Dec 2023 18:16

Royals and Racers
AthleticoSpizz Ta

We might have got around £60,000 TV money today.

Who cares? It's only money. I'm sure it wouldn't have come in handy whatsoever. We can easily afford to turn it down.

442 posts