Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Northampton Town (h)

by Royals and Racers » 29 Mar 2024 17:07

15,451 attendance today.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Mar 2024 17:14

Great game from JP. Bindon excellent. Quality goal from Kelv who made a massive difference

Mixed bag otherwise. Referee comically inept. Where do they find them?

Massive 3 points considering other results

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Mar 2024 17:17

Bit of a drab game with a few moments of quality at either end, but one of ours got put away.

Wouod have liked us to test their keeper more, he looked iffy. Pereira, a couple of slips /slices aside was very good.

Mbengue is an absolute madman in the best possible way. Some really good blocks, and from good positioning, not desperation recovery like Moore's used to be

Bindon won't be with us long if we aren’t in the promotion hunt next season. He's just a cut above.

Bif of class from Kelv won us the game.

Enjoyed that.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 29 Mar 2024 17:23

Good news - Dai is so pleased with the win he's had a change of heart and feels he doesn't want to sell the club after all. Nice! :wink:

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 29 Mar 2024 17:30

Hound Referee comically inept. Where do they find them?

2 of the worst decisions I’ve seen on a football field since Bodin getting sent off instead of Davies.

Not to mention the 4th, who twice got in the way of players trying to take quick throws.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Mar 2024 17:54

jd82

2 of the worst decisions I’ve seen on a football field since Bodin getting sent off instead of Davies.

Not to mention the 4th, who twice got in the way of players trying to take quick throws.

That corner which he gave to us as a GK was unbelievable. Crowd laughed at that. Plenty more to choose from over and above that

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 29 Mar 2024 17:57

40 points from our last 24 games since we lost 3-2 away at Shrewsbury. Playoff form.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 29 Mar 2024 17:58

Hound
jd82

That corner which he gave to us as a GK was unbelievable. Crowd laughed at that. Plenty more to choose from over and above that

Worst ref of the season surely

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 29 Mar 2024 18:11

Royal_jimmy
Hound
jd82

Worst ref of the season surely

Two words: Derby away.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Mar 2024 18:11

I thought he actually made reasonable calls on a lot of the grumbles.

The Azeez break he has to call back because its come off him. Then I'm going to trust the lino that Femi strayed offside, given he's johnny on the spot and none of the people round me could have had a clue whether he was off or not.

There was a two hand shove on Elliott, but it was barely anything and Elliott was just too lightweight. He did similar when Mbengue went shoulder to back with their 12 in the SE corner second half, so he was pretty consistent on the pysical stuff. That stuff almost never gets given..nor the little tugs and holds and blocks.

Not to say I didn't join in giving him pelters. He definitely made some bad calls. And he absolutely wasn't a homer.

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 29 Mar 2024 18:15

Snowflake Royal I thought he actually made reasonable calls on a lot of the grumbles.

The Azeez break he has to call back because its come off him. Then I'm going to trust the lino that Femi strayed offside, given he's johnny on the spot and none of the people round me could have had a clue whether he was off or not.

There was a two hand shove on Elliott, but it was barely anything and Elliott was just too lightweight. He did similar when Mbengue went shoulder to back with their 12 in the SE corner second half, so he was pretty consistent on the pysical stuff. That stuff almost never gets given..nor the little tugs and holds and blocks.

Not to say I didn't join in giving him pelters. He definitely made some bad calls. And he absolutely wasn't a homer.

Gave the ball to NT after stopping for an “injury” despite it very clearly being in Reading possession.

And should have stopped play, as per the Azziz one, when he stopped Savage getting the ball in the centre circle.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 29 Mar 2024 18:21

Hopefully can hold on to Kelv for next season

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 29 Mar 2024 18:25

Sometimes an ugly win when the crowd gets the team over the finish line can be amongst the best feelings in football. Maybe not a game for the purists, but it’s not City versus Real Madrid; it’s a scrap in League One.

I was entertained throughout. Northampton are a decent side; without some borderline miraculous saves from Pereira they could have won that.

But, you win ugly, you’ve still won.

Bindon man of the match. Solid performances from Mola, Dorsett, Mbengue, Savage. Knibbs, Smith and Wing a bit quiet, but they can’t be 10/10 every game.

And Ehibhationhan’s goal was yet another worldie. Not for many seasons will we have such a selection of wonder goals to choose goal of the season from.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Mar 2024 18:28

jd82
Snowflake Royal I thought he actually made reasonable calls on a lot of the grumbles.

Gave the ball to NT after stopping for an “injury” despite it very clearly being in Reading possession.

And should have stopped play, as per the Azziz one, when he stopped Savage getting the ball in the centre circle.

Technically, when he stopped play on the first, Reading hadn't yet received the ball, although it was obviously going to them.

On the second, Savage lost out in a challenge as much, and the ref didn't touch the ball, I believe, though I may be wrong, they only stop play if they touch the ball.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 29 Mar 2024 18:36

Royals and Racers 15,451 attendance today.

Third highest of the season and five out of our last six Saturday/Bank Holiday games have had a 14,500+ attendance, compared to none of the previous eight.

JR

by JR » 29 Mar 2024 18:44

Was right behind Kelvin’s goal - a beauty of a curler!!! Those are the special moments we are fans for.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 29 Mar 2024 18:47

I am hugely encouraged to have a goal keeper that actually makes saves. It's like something completely unexpected.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Mar 2024 18:48

JR Was right behind Kelvin’s goal - a beauty of a curler!!! Those are the special moments we are fans for.

Yep same - could see from the second he hit it where it was going

Big fan of Kelv. Bizarre some of the nonsense writing him off on Twitter (yep realise that’s Twitter) etc. stuff he needs to learn of course but has pace, strength, technically good etc

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 29 Mar 2024 18:53

That win was crucial!! we probably need two more wins purely because Cheltenham and Port Vale won't go away!! Our run in isn't the easiest either. The next two being Bolton (a) and Lincoln (h) Bolton will be tough and Lincoln are currently top of the form guide.

Then its Brizzle (a) and Barnsley (a) both currently out of form so would like to think maybe 3 points there.

Then final Burton (a) and Blackpool (h) Burton are looking shaky at best and this has to be a game we put to bed and will probably see us safe, if not Blackpool is a real tough last game especially if we have to get something to stay safe!!

Saying that, this league is pretty messed up and pretty much impossible to predict, just look at todays results. I firmly believe we have enough to get over the line, and we will probably beat Bolton and Lincoln and then be safe :D :D

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Mar 2024 19:07

Crowbar6753 That win was crucial!! we probably need two more wins purely because Cheltenham and Port Vale won't go away!! Our run in isn't the easiest either. The next two being Bolton (a) and Lincoln (h) Bolton will be tough and Lincoln are currently top of the form guide.

Then its Brizzle (a) and Barnsley (a) both currently out of form so would like to think maybe 3 points there.

Then final Burton (a) and Blackpool (h) Burton are looking shaky at best and this has to be a game we put to bed and will probably see us safe, if not Blackpool is a real tough last game especially if we have to get something to stay safe!!

Saying that, this league is pretty messed up and pretty much impossible to predict, just look at todays results. I firmly believe we have enough to get over the line, and we will probably beat Bolton and Lincoln and then be safe :D :D

Yeah it’s not the easiest run in. Wasn’t checking other scores during the game and was expecting to see is basically safe after we secured the 3 points. Still need at least one win I reckon, maybe 2