The 24/25 Season of Optimism Thread

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The 24/25 Season of Optimism Thread

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Apr 2024 12:24

WestYorksRoyal If next season starts well, I can see the average attendance reaching the 17k mark. Good for the team and also good financially. 3k extra tickets must be about £50k more revenue a game, so c. £1m a season which is significant in L1.

Fixture list will have an impact; midweek attendances are always lower, so hopefully we can have plenty of Saturday home games and away games rearranged for international breaks.

Last time we were in L1 promotion pushes we averaged 14.1k and 12.6 attendances.

It's impressive that even at a nadir of the last 25 years, with a hated owner and a club in serious danger of ceasing to exist and 10 years of almost exclusively failure on the pitch, we've still got one of our highest tier 3 average attendances.

I agree we can expect a solid 3-4k increase next season with a good start.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 12 Apr 2024 13:23

Snowflake Royal
paultheroyal
under the tin For me, the most positive thing to come out of this season is the re-connection between the fans and the people on the pitch.
We all know that you can't expect to see your team every single match, we do however expect to see effort and commitment from the players, and we're getting that now after what seems like years of watching far too many sulky players on unsustainable wages looking for all the world, as if deep down, they couldn't care less.
The reaction from the fans to this has been profound. The away support has grown immensely, not only in numbers, but also in decibels.
The numbers attending the Madstad are also growing, and a successful season promises an eventual Madstad sell out, setting the record for the highest Tier 3 attendance there.
Bring it on.

Good post and agree with all of that. I really hope the fans can do one last push and we look to get 18,000 in for that game. Not sure what the numbers are looking like right now?

When I bought a week or so ago C1871 was completely unavailable. Plenty of space in East still though.

I'm estimating around 11,000 sold thus far (excluding hospitality, wheelchair and away fans).

Based on the difference between my estimate (roughly) this far out (for the previous six home matches) and the final home attendance, I'd say we're on course for ~17,000 home fans, plus whatever Blackpool bring. Being the final game of the season, relatively more people may decide to go than usual.

Certainly on track to be the best attendance of the season and that 18,000 mentioned by paultheroyal seems very achievable.

The fact Club 1871 sold out* as early as it did is a positive sign, as is the fact most of the seats (90%+) in the middle blocks of the East Stand and Lower West have gone.

Don't know if the club are doing any kids offers for this one - would be a perfect one to do it for. Get a packed out North Stand, along with a sold out Club 1871 and big crowds in the East and West Stands.

Regardless of what they do, I think we're set to have a fantastic crowd to end the season!

*They opened more tickets in Club 1871, presumably by removing some of the segregation netting as Blackpool are unlikely to sell anywhere near 3,000 (would be surprised if it was more than 750 for a dead rubber tbh).

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Apr 2024 13:33

Players are genuinely likeable this season for the first time for a while. Knibbs, Smith, wing etc all seem top professionals, work their backsides off etc. Younger players like Savage seem to really buy into fan interaction

Last year it was difficult to shake the idea that a few of them really weren’t that bothered