Rosenior: The one trick pony

140 posts
Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rosenior: The one trick pony

by Sarah Star » 03 Dec 2008 10:12

brendywendy
Sarah Star
Harry Carry from a neutral perspective, Rosenior was deffo my man of the match last night. With the exception of 1 or 2 others he looked the only one with a bit of class about him, rarely gave the ball away, got forward well and looked composed.

Harry, that's the nicest thing you've ever said about Reading. What's happened? Are you ill?Are you a changed man? Why aren't you slagging us all off? It's just not right.

was just a backhanded compliment, by prasing rosi, while saying no one else had any class at all

Apart from 1 or 2 others (unamed)

So that's 3 people who got praise from Harry. That's a step up from where he was. He's definitely mellowing in his old age.

Harry Carry

by Harry Carry » 03 Dec 2008 11:00

hey, I'm only 24.

donface
Hob Nob Regular
Location: doing favours for some guys who look like tusken raiders

by donface » 03 Dec 2008 13:24

LOL

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 10 Mar 2009 23:45

anyone care to comment after yet another lump up the park performance from Rosenior?

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 10 Mar 2009 23:46

gazzer, loyal royal anyone care to comment after yet another lump up the park performance from Rosenior?

And some great overlapping runs for Little in the 1st half.

He was pinned back in the 2nd as Little was nowhere to be found

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 10 Mar 2009 23:49

John Madejski's Wallet
gazzer, loyal royal anyone care to comment after yet another lump up the park performance from Rosenior?

And some great overlapping runs for Little in the 1st half.

He was pinned back in the 2nd as Little was nowhere to be found

once again, no final ball(except the one doyle missed), nothing else and only has a lump up the line.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 10 Mar 2009 23:49

helped create plenty of opportunity in the first half (worked great with Glenda).

Chased down some cracking tackles too.

(harder for me to comment in the second half..........being a Northstander)

and i have been the first to moan about him in recent weeks

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 10 Mar 2009 23:55

Yeah grow up...Rosey has to play the game with the knowledge that they guy in front of him isn't going to offer him any form of defensive support...yet Rosey is expected to get up and down to offer the guy in front of him some offensive support....this is the sole reason why at times he gets caught out...

If Kebe could be bothered to defend it might help a little...i'm not asking for much but tracking back once in a while rather than looking at the bench and shrugging...

And as for Little, he was slightly better however, he is a long way off being match fit and after 40mins looked like a heavyweight boxer who had just taken a pounding for 9 rounds....

Get off Rosey's back...the problem currently is the whole team woefully under performing...and not just certain individuals...

For what's it's worth I thought Lita and Gunnarsson were absolute dump tonight...neither got involved, both wasted the ball massively and shouldn't have been anywhere the starting line-up...woeful....-100/10

Harper aswell was ineffective for the first 70mins and then huffed and puffed abit 1/10 and that's being generous... :roll:

:wink: this judgement is based on how the average joe on here seems to rate certain players... :roll:

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 11 Mar 2009 00:03

in my opinion Rosenior was absolutely awful tonight. Worst game I've seen him have for a fair while.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 11 Mar 2009 00:05

He wasnt that good!!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 11 Mar 2009 00:06

Alan Partridge in my opinion Rosenior was absolutely awful tonight. Worst game I've seen him have for a fair while.
weird

because in the first half (at least) I considered it his best (and I am not his biggest fan)

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 11 Mar 2009 00:08

HE'S A GREAT PLAYER

He's covering for a slow back four, and today covered for Little excruciating lack of speed/fitness. But he still worked well with Little first half and combines well with Kebe.

Future Captain

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 11 Mar 2009 00:09

AthleticoSpizz
Alan Partridge in my opinion Rosenior was absolutely awful tonight. Worst game I've seen him have for a fair while.
weird

because in the first half (at least) I considered it his best (and I am not his biggest fan)

:shock: :shock: Apart from the complete failure to spot the one person making a run into the box to score the goal, apart from the complete incapability to play a pass anything shorter than 40 yards upfield along with a few shanks and woeful bits of play. He gets caught out a hell of a lot, even in the 2nd half they got round him a few times and I thought Charlton's left side was by far their weakest point.

He wasn't alone tonight, I could name 4 or 5 players who were seriously under par.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 11 Mar 2009 00:11

Future Capt.? What have you been smoking??

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 11 Mar 2009 00:13

Alan Partridge
AthleticoSpizz
weird

:shock: :shock: Apart from the complete failure to spot the one person making a run into the box to score the goal, apart from the complete incapability to play a pass anything shorter than 40 yards upfield along with a few shanks and woeful bits of play. He gets caught out a hell of a lot, even in the 2nd half they got round him a few times and I thought Charlton's left side was by far their weakest point.

He wasn't alone tonight, I could name 4 or 5 players who were seriously under par.

rewind...to the fact that SHunt just left Soares to ghost into space to put the cross-in in the first place and Rosey wasn't solely to blame for the first goal...

As I've said it's a team issue at the moment...not just individuals....
:roll:

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 11 Mar 2009 00:15

and Rosenior is part of that team.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 11 Mar 2009 00:17

Alan Partridge
AthleticoSpizz
weird

no need for the dickhead :shock: :shock: AP

I was purely "stating as seen" from the N stand, sat watching him run straight at me chasing one of Blakeys lay-offs, then putting decent balls into the box.....some of which created good opportuntities.

I also recall him chasing down a tackle or two from two thirds of the pitch away.

...and i have been one of his biggest critics

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 11 Mar 2009 00:18

..........And we miss Murts.

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 11 Mar 2009 00:19

tee peg ..........And we miss Murts.

Yeah like a hole in the head :roll:

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 11 Mar 2009 00:20

Full backs who can't mark, pass, cross, shoot or anticipate generally tend to be shit, which is exactly what Rosenior is.

140 posts