NO LONGER A RUMOUR - Doyle to Wolves for £6.5m

429 posts
Tilehurst Mike

Re: NO LONGER A RUMOUR - Doyle to Wolves for £6.5m

by Tilehurst Mike » 30 Jun 2009 22:43

An excellent fee and whilst very sorry to see him go, I do think we had seen the best of him and in my view was never the same player since getting injured at Everton away.

It just gallls me to see how much the likes of Wolves, Hull, Stoke and even Burnley are prepared tp spend or have spent to compete and survive hopefully in the Premiership,

We really did waste an opportunity last season by not strengthening the squad in the transfer window. Whilst the idea of seeing a lot of the loaned out Academy lads being given prominant roles in the first eleven next season is somewhat exciting, I would like th club to show some ambition or state what its intentions are for next season. I have read all the various threads from accountants and 'financial experts' about the clubs finances, but something doesn;t add up.

I thank Madjeski for all that he has done, but the sooner the club finds a new owner to show the fans that the club is really striving to get back to the Premiership the better. No wonder season tickets are not being renewed even though I renewed mine from watching for over 45 years.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 01 Jul 2009 00:04

Tilehurst Mike I have read all the various threads from accountants and 'financial experts' about the clubs finances, but something doesn;t add up.

The only thing that doesn't add up is the refusal of some posters to accept what the accountants and "financial experts" are saying.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 01 Jul 2009 00:08

Tilehurst Mike ...the sooner the club finds a new owner to show the fans that the club is really striving to get back to the Premiership the better.

What you mean is the sooner the club finds a new owner who is prepared to really gamble with his own money and indeed the club's future the better.

Well that would not be for the better for me, or for many others.

Spending beyond a sensible budget shows no more indication of a desire or effort to get back to The Premiership than the prudent approach and sensible investment policy that has been the hallmark of Madejski's time at the club.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 01 Jul 2009 04:58

Tilehurst Mike An excellent fee and whilst very sorry to see him go, I do think we had seen the best of him and in my view was never the same player since getting injured at Everton away.

It just gallls me to see how much the likes of Wolves, Hull, Stoke and even Burnley are prepared tp spend or have spent to compete and survive hopefully in the Premiership,

We really did waste an opportunity last season by not strengthening the squad in the transfer window. Whilst the idea of seeing a lot of the loaned out Academy lads being given prominant roles in the first eleven next season is somewhat exciting, I would like th club to show some ambition or state what its intentions are for next season. I have read all the various threads from accountants and 'financial experts' about the clubs finances, but something doesn;t add up.

I thank Madjeski for all that he has done, but the sooner the club finds a new owner to show the fans that the club is really striving to get back to the Premiership the better. No wonder season tickets are not being renewed even though I renewed mine from watching for over 45 years.

There's something pathetically ironic about the conjunction of the first two paragraphs of this post.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 01 Jul 2009 08:24

Royal Rother
Tilehurst Mike I have read all the various threads from accountants and 'financial experts' about the clubs finances, but something doesn;t add up.

The only thing that doesn't add up is the refusal of some posters to accept what the accountants and "financial experts" are saying.

Why should they? The only thing that the accountants and 'financial experts' on HNA can tell us is that the sums in the published accounts add up/balance!

Only JM and his accountants know the full details of what is happening with all of the money. I'm not for one moment suggesting that anything unlawful is happening, just that the published accounts portray one picture and, like an old painting, if you were able to strip back the layers, you might find something a bit different underneath.

I'm sure there isn't as much money knocking around as some of us would like to believe. However, at the same time, I just have a feeling that times might not be quite as hard as portrayed.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 01 Jul 2009 08:48

RoyalBlue
Royal Rother

Why should they?

Perhaps because it is highly likely they know what they are talking about a damned sight more than those whose doubts are summarised by the expression "something doesn't add up"?

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 01 Jul 2009 09:47

RoyalBlue
Royal Rother

Why should they? The only thing that the accountants and 'financial experts' on HNA can tell us is that the sums in the published accounts add up/balance!

Only JM and his accountants know the full details of what is happening with all of the money. I'm not for one moment suggesting that anything unlawful is happening, just that the published accounts portray one picture and, like an old painting, if you were able to strip back the layers, you might find something a bit different underneath.

I'm sure there isn't as much money knocking around as some of us would like to believe. However, at the same time, I just have a feeling that times might not be quite as hard as portrayed.

Only you (and your acountants) know the full details of what is happening with all of your money, why so different for JM?

I like our approach and don't want a vanity owner with no connecions to the area willing to spunk all his money on an ego trip for a couple of seasons

gav2085

Doyle, How much?

by gav2085 » 01 Jul 2009 13:17

does anybody know how much Kevin Doyle actually went for??? also how much of that do you think will actually be given to BR for new players?

gav2085

Re: Doyle, How much?

by gav2085 » 01 Jul 2009 13:20

gav2085 does anybody know how much Kevin Doyle actually went for??? also how much of that do you think will actually be given to BR for new players?

okay i just found an article saying it was £6.5m is that right?

NR_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by NR_Royal » 01 Jul 2009 13:20

*sighs*

Yes. :|

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 01 Jul 2009 13:23

Possibly.....

If the clubs chose to make it undisclosed then any figures are a guesstimate.

We have no idea how much is upfront, subject to the moon turning green or to be paid in sacks of guano.

I predict Rodgers will be allowed the guano though.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 01 Jul 2009 13:28

Sun Tzu I predict Rodgers will be allowed the guano though.

'Greed.
If Madejski is serious about getting Reading promoted again (soon), then he'll have to give Rodgers the money asked for.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 01 Jul 2009 13:48

SteveRoyal

'Greed.
If Madejski is serious about getting Reading promoted again (soon), then he'll have to give Rodgers the money asked for.
He doesn't HAVE to do anything. He's already said we'll be cutting our cloth, again. I've not seen any comments about what his hopes for RFC are this coming season yet - but if he's saying he wants us to get promoted again, it's just rhetoric imo.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 01 Jul 2009 13:50

Anyway thanks Wolves for the 8,000% mark up on what we paid for him :D

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 01 Jul 2009 15:14

SteveRoyal

'Greed.

He can give him as much as Coppell needed to get us promoted, or as much as Burnley needed.

The obsession with money is crazy, it's one element but no one gets promoted for spending large amounts.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 01 Jul 2009 16:47

Sun Tzu
SteveRoyal

'Greed.

He can give him as much as Coppell needed to get us promoted, or as much as Burnley needed.

The obsession with money is crazy, it's one element but no one gets promoted for spending large amounts.

Errrrr..... Fulham perhaps?

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 01 Jul 2009 16:56

Terminal Boardom
Sun Tzu

Errrrr..... Fulham perhaps?

I thought it was their points total that got them promoted. I'll check the league tables for the year they went up and see if they actually finished outside the promotion places.

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 01 Jul 2009 16:58

farkin ell three years ago we were all banging proudly on about "the Reading way" - spotting good players early, not playing over the odds, allowing them to mature as players. now after two years in the Prem all of a sudden half the fans have got some stupid Bertie Big Bollocks mentality. let John Mad run the club as he sees fit, doing a better than job than any of us would.

Dennis the Butler
Location: Wallowing in the Premiership glory ... oh bollox !!

by Dennis the Butler » 01 Jul 2009 17:27

entirely agree with Wax Jacket ... as said previously, to those who are old enough to remember, it's thanks to JM that we still have an RFC ... get off the guys back and let him run the club as he see's fit ... :roll:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Jul 2009 21:04

Royal Lady
SteveRoyal

'Greed.
He doesn't HAVE to do anything. He's already said we'll be cutting our cloth, again. I've not seen any comments about what his hopes for RFC are this coming season yet - but if he's saying he wants us to get promoted again, it's just rhetoric imo.

Is that the same rhetoric people have been complaining about for years and saw us enjoy two seasons in the Premier League?

Wah wah wah, he doesn't mean it. Wah wah wah, if he did he'd spend his money. Wah wah wah we've got no ambition. Wah wah wah, he wants us to avoid promotion so it's cheaper. Wah wah wah, oh we got promoted.

429 posts