DROP ROSENIOR

251 posts
Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

DROP ROSENIOR

by Deathy » 15 Aug 2009 19:06

I thought when he came here, after impressing at Fulham, that we had a bright up and coming right back. A former England U21 talking about breaking into the full national squad. Instead, we get someone who talks a good game but is utterly terrible at playing it.
He's forever being caught out of position, he gives the ball away so so often as well, and he's forever shrugging his shoulders. I don't know if Kelly is fully fit, or even up to it yet, but Liam Rosenior is awful and is huge weakness is a young and new defence.

2.8 lita injection

Re: DROP ROSENIOR

by 2.8 lita injection » 15 Aug 2009 19:08

When is Julian Kelly due back?

I have never rated Rosenior, he always hoofs it or waves his arms in the air when he is caught out of position.

Bring back Murty :cry:

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 15 Aug 2009 19:08

The Prince is the best right back we have.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 15 Aug 2009 19:09

Deathy, you can't just pick on each player in turn and demand they're replaced...which is what you seem to be doing. He hasn't been that bad today and the whole team needs sorting out.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 15 Aug 2009 19:12

Sarah Star Deathy, you can't just pick on each player in turn and demand they're replaced...which is what you seem to be doing. He hasn't been that bad today and the whole team needs sorting out.

Have I? I've commented as others have at how utter dump Long is, but not called for him to be dropped. I grumble at Kebe, as I think most of us do with depair, but don't call for him to be dropped. A sign of how weak this squad is, if you like!
But Rosenior seriously needs dropping, or having his arse kicked and showing exactly where he needs to improve or he will lose his place. He isn't and hasn't been good enough yet!

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 15 Aug 2009 19:13

There's no-one to oxf*rd replace him!!!

pace=forster

by pace=forster » 15 Aug 2009 19:14

Sarah Star Deathy, you can't just pick on each player in turn and demand they're replaced...which is what you seem to be doing. He hasn't been that bad today and the whole team needs sorting out.

He's been shit for about a year and a half, it's not as if this is his only bad game

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 15 Aug 2009 19:14

First half, without any real support, Rosenoir had a pretty good half

For the second goal he got in to cover his centre half who had totally switched off (that was good defending by Rosenior), unfortunately he didnt make any real difference to 6ft 2 Ameobi getting above him at the back post (that wasnt so good)

Kelly is miles away from Rosenoirs quality and you have to remember that Rodgers wants his fullbacks to bomb on, that will sometimes make them both look silly if they get caught out

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 15 Aug 2009 19:18

If there were anyone better, then yes. But there isn't. By a long way.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 15 Aug 2009 19:26

To be honest, Rosenior made some good tackles and was better than some of the players on the pitch.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 15 Aug 2009 19:27

LoyalRoyalFan To be honest, Rosenior made some good tackles and was better than some of the players on the pitch.

That's a bit like winning the 'Taller than Ronnie Corbett award'

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 15 Aug 2009 19:28

So I take it he's the scapegoat for today then.

Plymouth_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Plymouth_Royal » 15 Aug 2009 19:31

LoyalRoyalFan To be honest, Rosenior made some good tackles and was better than some of the players on the pitch.

agreed.

I think this poor team performance is just an excuse to make rosenior a scapegoat. Im no fan of him but he actually played fairly well today. The only player who should be VERY disappointed today is Long. He was awful up front and his lack of concentration for the corner cost us a penalty. Thought karacan and fed played well today though.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 15 Aug 2009 19:32

Barry the bird boggler So I take it he's the scapegoat for today then.

No, not at all. I wouldn't pick one particular player today. We were just poor, out of position and maybe in awe of the surroundings and players we were up against.

Just 18 months worth of frustration about one player that just flaps his arms around, shrugs his shoulders and gives the ball away all the time.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 15 Aug 2009 19:41

Kelly is miles away from Rosenoirs quality and you have to remember that Rodgers wants his fullbacks to bomb on, that will sometimes make them both look silly if they get caught out

greed

hes not the best, but hes not anyway near where our problems were today

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 15 Aug 2009 19:51

Rosenior seemed against Forest to be the only player not on the wavelength of the other team.

Today, I think he was just the victim of poor support from Church / Robson Kanu.

Although, in the grand scheme of things I'd say if we can find another right back for a decent fee then it wouldn't neccessarily be a bad thing.

I was there at Elm Park

by I was there at Elm Park » 15 Aug 2009 20:39

Looks like poor old Rosey is the new boo boys' target then. From the game I saw he didn't really play that badly, an average performance and as someone else mentioned he didn't have a lot of support from the wide men throughout the game or the centre backs for the 2nd goal.

RFCBoy

by RFCBoy » 15 Aug 2009 20:55

Drop Rosenoir?! What about the hopeless excuse for a Reading player in Jimmy Kebe! He's got to go.

Rosenoir, i thought, played reseasonably well today with many good tackles to halt Guiteirz and passed the ball well when he did have it.

Lay off the team, we're two games in FGS! If you don't want to support them, go elsewhere.

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 15 Aug 2009 20:58

RFCBoy Drop Rosenoir?! What about the hopeless excuse for a Reading player in Jimmy Kebe! He's got to go.

Rosenoir, i thought, played reseasonably well today with many good tackles to halt Guiteirz and passed the ball well when he did have it.

Lay off the team, we're two games in FGS! If you don't want to support them, go elsewhere.

:lol: :lol: good one prick balls

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 15 Aug 2009 21:02

Can't we replace Deathy with someone who will SUPPORT the club?

251 posts