Travellers in Speedway Stadium car park

Green
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Travellers in Speedway Stadium car park

by Green » 02 Dec 2016 13:27

Emmer Green Royal
Mr.Swainey Better and cheaper places to park, so no real loss if you can't get in.

Where is the best place to park now - coming from London direction on the M4. I live abroad and the Sheffield Wednesday game will be my first of the season. If the weather is ok I planned to walk from Mereoak. Are there better options?

The curse of the "Location Royal" strikes again. It's almost as if people who associate themselves with a particular location are the ones most likely to get itchy feet.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 03 Dec 2016 23:47

Hendo
Emmer Green Royal
Mr.Swainey Better and cheaper places to park, so no real loss if you can't get in.

Where is the best place to park now - coming from London direction on the M4. I live abroad and the Sheffield Wednesday game will be my first of the season. If the weather is ok I planned to walk from Mereoak. Are there better options?

The bus service from Mereoak was actually OK for the game against Bristol City (first time in a long time it has been acceptable) so that would probably be your best bet. If the bus service ins't great and if you don't mind the 25 minute walk, its probably your best bet. We nearly considered walking it last week but Reading Buses actually had a guy there, with a walkie-talkie, directing things which seemed to improve the service, so I think enough people have complained about the poor service to actually do something about it now.

I said this a couple of time now but I still think the World Turned Upside Down on the Basingstoke Road is a good place to park. It's free, there's no risk of getting a ticket or anything, you can have a pint if you want and it's about 20 minute walk.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Dec 2016 23:52

and a carvery roast dinner for the price of a Madejski hot dog

Emmer Green Royal

by Emmer Green Royal » 12 Dec 2016 21:06

We parked at Mereoak, right next to the bus stop. Stepped straight on to a bus that had us at the stadium in minutes. As we had a 2 hour drive in front of us we left after 88 minutes (the 2-0 lead seemed safe at that point), got the first bus back to the park and ride and were on the M4 heading away from Reading moments after the final whistle.

Compared to the experience of waiting until the crowd cleared for the bus to head back to Emmer Green, the Mereoak park and ride was fantastic.