Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

2100 posts
genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by genome » 27 Mar 2019 09:52

The Enfield Royal71
Snowflake Royal Something is either a fact or it is not, independently of whether it has been substantiated yet.

For example, it is either raining where I am or it is not. I can look out my window see it's raining here and tell you it's raining here. My claim that it's raining here doesn't stop being factually accurate just because I haven't taken a picture and posted it to prove it to you.

Just because I haven't shown you evidence, doesn't make it an opinion that it's raining.

Howe either supports it or he doesn't. People can know which it is without providing you with evidence.

What's your reason for scepticism about the Howe support claim? The initiative continues. It has received clear support with the free beer offer. There seems reason to speculate Howe supports it on that basis, and the claim is coming from people involved in the initiative.

By contrast, you're claim he doesn't support it comes from your arm chair trolling of the whole thing.

I know who I give more credence to.

It's your, not you're.

Prove it, I need to see evidence.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 27 Mar 2019 09:53

genome
The Enfield Royal71
Snowflake Royal Something is either a fact or it is not, independently of whether it has been substantiated yet.

For example, it is either raining where I am or it is not. I can look out my window see it's raining here and tell you it's raining here. My claim that it's raining here doesn't stop being factually accurate just because I haven't taken a picture and posted it to prove it to you.

Just because I haven't shown you evidence, doesn't make it an opinion that it's raining.

Howe either supports it or he doesn't. People can know which it is without providing you with evidence.

What's your reason for scepticism about the Howe support claim? The initiative continues. It has received clear support with the free beer offer. There seems reason to speculate Howe supports it on that basis, and the claim is coming from people involved in the initiative.

By contrast, you're claim he doesn't support it comes from your arm chair trolling of the whole thing.

It's your, not you're.

Prove it, I need to see evidence.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/your

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 27 Mar 2019 09:55

Old Man Andrews

If I ask for evidence and it can't be provided then I will assume the person telling me the information is lying. Believing someone is a choice you make based on what they have said. It is a clear lie that anyone knows what Nigel Howe currently thinks about Club 1871, you know it. Please show evidence that Nigel Howe had anything to do with the free beer offer? It came about through the Club 1871 organiser begging Heineken for free stuff in order to desperately try and save their failed project. Nothing to do with the club, they didn't pay for it. Also I have at no point said Nigel Howe isn't a supporter, I merely asked for a shred of evidence that he is.

You won't win Ian, I don't have to support or like Club 1871 and I am allowed to have have the opinions I hold on it as are you. I know you aren't mature enough to understand that but try and have a go.

Do you have any evidence of this or is this just opinion?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Mar 2019 10:11

Jagermesiter1871
Old Man Andrews

If I ask for evidence and it can't be provided then I will assume the person telling me the information is lying. Believing someone is a choice you make based on what they have said. It is a clear lie that anyone knows what Nigel Howe currently thinks about Club 1871, you know it. Please show evidence that Nigel Howe had anything to do with the free beer offer? It came about through the Club 1871 organiser begging Heineken for free stuff in order to desperately try and save their failed project. Nothing to do with the club, they didn't pay for it. Also I have at no point said Nigel Howe isn't a supporter, I merely asked for a shred of evidence that he is.

You won't win Ian, I don't have to support or like Club 1871 and I am allowed to have have the opinions I hold on it as are you. I know you aren't mature enough to understand that but try and have a go.

Yes. The clue is Club 1871 saying the offer was courtesy of Heineken and not the football club.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 27 Mar 2019 10:15

Old Man Andrews
Jagermesiter1871
Old Man Andrews

Yes. The clue is Club 1871 saying the offer was courtesy of Heineken and not the football club.

And that's evidence of the organiser begging? Do you have evidence Heineken didnt approach them?
Sounds like opinion to me.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 27 Mar 2019 10:32

We now go live to OMA

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Mar 2019 10:40

Jagermesiter1871
Old Man Andrews
Jagermesiter1871

And that's evidence of the organiser begging? Do you have evidence Heineken didnt approach them?

Could you please explain why a beer brand would approach an organisation they don't know exists to offer them free beer for a fixture against Wigan? Think about it. I haven't suggested Nigel Howe doesn't support Club 1871, I have asked for evidence to be provided that he supports them and wishes for them to continue.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 27 Mar 2019 10:49

Old Man Andrews
Jagermesiter1871
Old Man Andrews

Could you please explain why a beer brand would approach an organisation they don't know exists to offer them free beer for a fixture against Wigan? Think about it. I haven't suggested Nigel Howe doesn't support Club 1871, I have asked for evidence to be provided that he supports them and wishes for them to continue.

It's possible that Heineken did this as a gesture of goodwill and for a little bit of publicity. Also, they're getting a non-insignificant number of people to try their drink who would usually have something else - could possibly lead to a few people drinking Heineken more regularly.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Mar 2019 10:51

Elm Park Kid
Old Man Andrews
Jagermesiter1871

It's possible that Heineken did this as a gesture of goodwill and for a little bit of publicity. Also, they're getting a non-insignificant number of people to try their drink who would usually have something else - could possibly lead to a few people drinking Heineken more regularly.

Of course they did but there is no way in hell they would have specifically targetted Club 1871 for this offer, Club 1871 would have asked them and they woukd have agreed. Fair play it was a great move by Club 1871.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 27 Mar 2019 10:51

But seriously - if we were a publicly owned club and were spending money supporting 1871 then that would be one thing. Maybe it would be reasonable to have a discussion about whether it's a good use of money.

But we're privately owned - it's all the owners money from start to finish - there is no reason that money they spend on 1871 would be spent on other aspects of the club if 1871 didn't exist. It could just as easily be spent on champagne for the directors box.

Anyone who moans about billionaires spending some of their money on fans needs their heads checking . . . .

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 27 Mar 2019 10:52

Old Man Andrews
Elm Park Kid
Old Man Andrews

Of course they did but there is no way in hell they would have specifically targetted Club 1871 for this offer, Club 1871 would have asked them and they woukd have agreed. Fair play it was a great move by Club 1871.

Oh yeah, sorry, I misread the post.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 27 Mar 2019 11:53

Old Man Andrews
Elm Park Kid
Old Man Andrews

This is all conjecture. You haven't provided a shred of evidence. How do we know Howe didn't approach Heineken as opposed to the organiser begging? I've got no other choice but to assume you're lying.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Mar 2019 11:53

Jagermesiter1871
Old Man Andrews
Elm Park Kid

This is all conjecture. You haven't provided a shred of evidence. How do we know Howe didn't approach Heineken as opposed to the organiser begging? I've got no other choice but to assume you're lying.

The only person lying here is you and you are lying to yourself.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 27 Mar 2019 12:12

Give it a rest OMA. You're being extremely tedious.

Who really gives a shit apart from you? I don't get what your weird obsession is with C1871.

Are you jeloua?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Mar 2019 12:34

The Enfield Royal71 Give it a rest OMA. You're being extremely tedious.

Who really gives a shit apart from you? I don't get what your weird obsession is with C1871.

Are you jeloua?

Hi Duffy.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 27 Mar 2019 12:41

Old Man Andrews

Are you jeloua?

Hi Duffy.

Hi Reading FC- the Truth.

Isnt it Funny how you only started accusing me of that when Duffy left and before outright admitted you knew it was me. and despite the fact I admitted who I was. Seems like something another user we had before would do, aswell as making up claims they think are fact and not backing them up with evidence by using diversion tactics....

Anyway answer my questions please? Are you jelous of C1871? Why do they trigger your anger and emotions so much? Have they ever hurt you before or upset you?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Mar 2019 12:42

The Enfield Royal71
Old Man Andrews

Are you jeloua?

Hi Duffy.

Hi Reading FC- the Truth.

Isnt it Funny how you only started accusing me of that when Duffy left and before outright admitted you knew it was me. and despite the fact I admitted who I was. Seems like something another user we had before would do, aswell as making up claims they think are fact and not backing them up with evidence by using diversion tactics....

Anyway answer my questions please? Are you jelous of C1871? Why do they trigger your anger and emotions so much? Have they ever hurt you before or upset you?

Cheers Duffy. The adults are having an interesting discussion in a thread about the subject matter at hand, run along now.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Mar 2019 13:03

You know when someone's a really boring Troll when DD tells them they've gone too far and got boring.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Mar 2019 13:04

Snowflake Royal You know when someone's a really boring Troll when DD tells them they've gone too far and got boring.

It is not trolling to hold an opposing view to the one you hold. I know its beyond you to get your head around that but its true.

What you seem to be forgetting is I was in the stand for the Wigan game, I am just seeking clarification on Nigel Howes support for Club 1871.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 27 Mar 2019 13:40

Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal You know when someone's a really boring Troll when DD tells them they've gone too far and got boring.

It is not trolling to hold an opposing view to the one you hold. I know its beyond you to get your head around that but its true.

What you seem to be forgetting is I was in the stand for the Wigan game, I am just seeking clarification on Nigel Howes support for Club 1871.

M9 I been trolling this place for years before now until I turned ny life around..... you are by far and away an utter bore of a troll and persona non grata on here. I am easily identifiable and people on here can verify who I am..... the same cannot be said for you (a person who joined and had a detailed knowledge of this board and it's history).

Give it a rest please Reading Fc-The Truth aka Kes. It is extremely tedious for you to keep banging on about c1871 for 36 pages. Like I asked before.... what have they ever done to you and why are you so jelous?

Anyway enough of this now please. Lets let c1871 take its course and fizzle out quietly in the off season to never be mentioned and be forgotten about.

2100 posts