New manager

Delboy

New manager

by Delboy » 30 Apr 2023 08:30

With relegation virtually confirmed who should we get as manager , someone proven in division 1 , a former royal, experienced championship manager . I do not think Hunt is ready

Felt91

Re: New manager

by Felt91 » 30 Apr 2023 08:38

O’Shea. When he was here he said that there was no winners here and players needed to change mentality to a winning one. Let see if he can change that. Keep Eddie or experienced coach as number two or maybe someone like Murty, jobi who have done it with the club and can give first hand experience of that to the players to help change the mentality.

Hunt back to u23s

Fezza

by Fezza » 30 Apr 2023 08:54

Felt91 O’Shea. When he was here he said that there was no winners here and players needed to change mentality to a winning one. Let see if he can change that. Keep Eddie or experienced coach as number two or maybe someone like Murty, jobi who have done it with the club and can give first hand experience of that to the players to help change the mentality.

Hunt back to u23s

I'd be very happy with O'Shea. We were significantly better at the back with him on the backroom staff. I've often wondered if Morrison or Dann might have improved our coaching setup, certainly Morrison seemed to be doing a lot of the touchline work when he was injured.

Since McDermott's first spell we've only had 3 managers last longer than a year, with 6 full time managers and 7 caretakers managing less than that, the lack of consistency at the helm has killed us almost as much as the lack of consistency in style. Still feel Adkins was harshly done by.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Apr 2023 08:55

Felt91 O’Shea. When he was here he said that there was no winners here and players needed to change mentality to a winning one. Let see if he can change that. Keep Eddie or experienced coach as number two or maybe someone like Murty, jobi who have done it with the club and can give first hand experience of that to the players to help change the mentality.

Hunt back to u23s

This +1000000 for me. Also stop calling it division 1, despite all the stupid name changes that keep being applied at every rebrand :roll: , it is (and will always remain) DIVISION THREE

Only other options I’d consider would be Richie Wellens (but would he really be interested after starting something at Orient - not to mention the compensation required) or Nathan Jones (but think he’s only possible if the club stays up). Some have suggested Michael Duff but again there’d be a decent amount of compensation involved even if he wanted to move which would be highly doubtful IMO.

No, I’d definitely want to bring John O’Shea back to the club as manager if he was interested, don’t really think there’s anyone else worthy of consideration.

under the tin

by under the tin » 30 Apr 2023 08:58

Fezza

Hunt back to u23s

I'd be very happy with O'Shea. We were significantly better at the back with him on the backroom staff. I've often wondered if Morrison or Dann might have improved our coaching setup, certainly Morrison seemed to be doing a lot of the touchline work when he was injured.

Since McDermott's first spell we've only had 3 managers last longer than a year, with 6 full time managers and 7 caretakers managing less than that, the lack of consistency at the helm has killed us almost as much as the lack of consistency in style. Still feel Adkins was harshly done by.

Agreed. Adkins was stitched up.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Apr 2023 09:03

I’d rather have someone with some experience and a track record rather than someone who coached us for a bit and said a few of the right things

Critchley, Jones, Cowley - someone like that

under the tin

by under the tin » 30 Apr 2023 09:08

Straight out of left field.
Brendan Rodgers
True RFC connection, proven manager, different type of challenge for him, doubt he needs silly pay.
The likes of Celtic, Liverpool, Leicester have probably secured his financial future already.
(And before you howl in horror about his last spell here, look at his CV since he left us) He learnt.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 30 Apr 2023 10:38

under the tin Straight out of left field.
Brendan Rodgers
True RFC connection, proven manager, different type of challenge for him, doubt he needs silly pay.
The likes of Celtic, Liverpool, Leicester have probably secured his financial future already.
(And before you howl in horror about his last spell here, look at his CV since he left us) He learnt.

Linked with spurs and you think he will drop down 2 divisions?

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 30 Apr 2023 10:39

Hound I’d rather have someone with some experience and a track record rather than someone who coached us for a bit and said a few of the right things

I'm agreeing with you a lot lately m8. :wink:
As mentioned in other threads I feel that the last thing we want is somebody with past association with the club.
IMHO we need somebody to take a fresh look at it all and understands that football is very much about creating chances and scoring goals.

Our recent approach of sitting back and just hoping that something happens hasn't worked-we have the 3rd worst goals against record this season so it proves that we haven't had the players to keep things tight.

I feel sorry for our strikers as they have had to feed off scraps all season, so few chances are created.

So, a Richie Wellens or the like please rather than an ex-staff member who, as Hound says, may be good at saying the right things but may not be so good at putting things into practice..

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Apr 2023 11:52

South Coast Royal
Hound I’d rather have someone with some experience and a track record rather than someone who coached us for a bit and said a few of the right things

I'm agreeing with you a lot lately m8. :wink:

Haha yeah had noticed - worrying isn’t it? :)

RFCMod

by RFCMod » 30 Apr 2023 12:42

Lee Johnson in attendance yesterday !!!

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 30 Apr 2023 12:47

RFCMod Lee Johnson in attendance yesterday !!!

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 30 Apr 2023 14:45

Kia was there yesterday too, not sure he`s relevant anymore but why would he be there if he wasn`t involved in some way? another unknown foreigner on his way maybe.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Apr 2023 14:58

RFCMod Lee Johnson in attendance yesterday !!!

Mark Bowen says he checks out social media on occasion, so to just make it clear to him in case he saunters this way…

GOD NO

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 30 Apr 2023 15:43

Current manager of Hibs. Doubt he’d drop out of the Scottish Prem for league 1 or we’d pay for the compo.

Could be down here for loads of reasons.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Apr 2023 16:17

Hendo Current manager of Hibs. Doubt he’d drop out of the Scottish Prem for league 1 or we’d pay for the compo.

Did i see some link with Brian McDermott and Hibs and the DoF role. maybe related in some way

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 30 Apr 2023 16:48

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 30 Apr 2023 17:16

Hound
Hendo Current manager of Hibs. Doubt he’d drop out of the Scottish Prem for league 1 or we’d pay for the compo.

Did i see some link with Brian McDermott and Hibs and the DoF role. maybe related in some way

Yep, as below seems like it could be. He probably has family down in this area as well and as they don’t play until next weekend, just ticking off a few boxes.

Felt91

by Felt91 » 30 Apr 2023 17:46

Would take critchley as main man and have O’Shea number two as a combination. Dai would give them time to get a style and identity to as he has proven that with too many wrong managers that he will be loyal and give you more then enough time.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 30 Apr 2023 21:12

Critchley was crap at QPR, Jones was crap at Stoke and Southampton, why the clamour for these guys?