Royals tv refund email?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Royals tv refund email?

by Pepe the Horseman » 03 Oct 2023 15:54

retro royal Just been refunded the full £140 and subscription still shows as valid until Aug 24

Booooo.

MM

by MM » 03 Oct 2023 17:13

I also got an email a week or two ago saying about £2.80 refund but today was refunded the full £140.00 (genuine overseas subscriber).

But then the renewal of this service was meant to be on auto-renew and when it didn't happen, I messaged them on the day of the first game and was told it would not auto-renew and I needed to physically pay again.

It wouldn't surprise me if another debit gets taken at some stage, seems more like a mess than a plan. Unless they feel they cannot commit to offer the Royals TV product for the full season...

It will be interesting to see if it works tonight or not.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 03 Oct 2023 17:25

Yeah been refunded my £140 now, sorry pep. :lol: (expires 05/08/24)

Bizarrely also have a -£2.80 from 25th sept but have not been charged or paid.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Oct 2023 18:43

CountryRoyal Yeah been refunded my £140 now, sorry pep. :lol: (expires 05/08/24)

Same. Thought for a second they'd refunded it to me twice, but one entry on my bank statement was pending and the next confirmed.

Tbh, as far as I'm concerned it's such good value that even considering the Blackpool shit show I'd happily pay full value. Especially as the club needs income (I'm hoping they still get the money and the service provider has taken the hit).

Will keep an eye on it to see if they try to correct it. They're welcome to the money.

Also showing as £2.80 payment on my RoyalsTV account for 25 September. Didn't hit my bank account, but the £140 did on 3 Oct.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 03 Oct 2023 19:51

Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal Yeah been refunded my £140 now, sorry pep. :lol: (expires 05/08/24)

Same. Thought for a second they'd refunded it to me twice, but one entry on my bank statement was pending and the next confirmed.

Tbh, as far as I'm concerned it's such good value that even considering the Blackpool shit show I'd happily pay full value. Especially as the club needs income (I'm hoping they still get the money and the service provider has taken the hit).

Will keep an eye on it to see if they try to correct it. They're welcome to the money.

Also showing as £2.80 payment on my RoyalsTV account for 25 September. Didn't hit my bank account, but the £140 did on 3 Oct.

Yeah I certainly wouldn’t have pressed for a refund at all.

By the same token though I’m not complaining if they want to give me money.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 03 Oct 2023 22:38

CountryRoyal
Snowflake Royal

I've emailed the club highlighting their mistake.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 03 Oct 2023 23:10

Pepe the Horseman
CountryRoyal
Snowflake Royal Same. Thought for a second they'd refunded it to me twice, but one entry on my bank statement was pending and the next confirmed.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Oct 2023 07:21

Pepe the Horseman
CountryRoyal
Snowflake Royal Same. Thought for a second they'd refunded it to me twice, but one entry on my bank statement was pending and the next confirmed.

Cheers. I probably would have done in a week or so.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 04 Oct 2023 14:30

Ftr I don’t know how the exact financing works but ifollow and the club are separate entities.

retro royal

by retro royal » 16 Oct 2023 12:12

Oxford idiots

Dear Supporter,

We operate the Royals TV service on behalf of Reading Football Club.

As you will be aware, there was recently an issue whereby some users experienced problems accessing live content.

As such, we issued partial refunds to compensate for this. However, due to a system update within the payment processor, your pass was refunded in full in error.

This was a genuine error and as such we have reversed the transaction. We will then re-issue the correct partial refund. You will see this reflected on your payment method over the coming days.

Should you have any issues, please contact us at royalstvsupport@streamamg.com.

Kind regards,
StreamAMG

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Oct 2023 12:40

Fair enough. Pretty obviously an error and I'm happy for them to take back the money I paid seeing as I'm still using the service.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 16 Oct 2023 12:43

£140 debited again.

No notification about it though. Shambles.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Oct 2023 13:04

£140 reclaimed, with email explaining. £2whatever refunded.

Shambles to get there, but as it should be.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 21 Oct 2023 11:33

CountryRoyal £140 debited again.

No notification about it though. Shambles.

Ever since the demise of Courage, they seem incapable of organising a piss up!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 21 Oct 2023 11:35

CountryRoyal Ftr I don’t know how the exact financing works but ifollow and the club are separate entities.

And I believe iFollow are a different entity from the current providers, StreamAMG. They both, however, seem to share the same ability to screw up broadcasts and admin!

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 21 Oct 2023 15:55

RoyalBlue
CountryRoyal Ftr I don’t know how the exact financing works but ifollow and the club are separate entities.

And I believe iFollow are a different entity from the current providers, StreamAMG. They both, however, seem to share the same ability to screw up broadcasts and admin!

I agree but yet it still says iFollow on bits of broadcast, half time transition etc.

Yeah it is shambolic but still decent value, I’m mildly annoyed I didn’t receive any kind of notification they would retake the £140. Do it, fine, but should really tell you imho.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 06 Nov 2023 10:42

Millsy
Green
Millsy pissup

brewery

In! if you manage to get it organised.

I don't drink, but I'd probably do a better job than RFC.

You can also give all a lift home afterwards.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 08 Nov 2023 10:47

CountryRoyal
RoyalBlue

I agree but yet it still says iFollow on bits of broadcast, half time transition etc.

Yeah it is shambolic but still decent value, I’m mildly annoyed I didn’t receive any kind of notification they would retake the £140. Do it, fine, but should really tell you imho.

Even if not legally required (I can't find an answer on that) it is definitely advised/best practice to do so.

If the money has already been received, notify the recipient as soon as possible in clear terms and request repayment.

https://www.hcrlaw.com/blog/a-business-has-paid-money-by-mistake-can-it-get-it-back/