Stewards again

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Stewards again

by Royal Lady » 18 Nov 2006 20:06

There's an old grandad steward in Y24/25 who insists on waving his hand about and telling people to sit down. He dobbed on some guy who I think was in the back row of Y24 this afternoon. 2 Orange Tangos went and called him out the row and he ended up following them downstairs and I didn't see him again. Anyone know what he was doing to get pulled out? When the stewards in the away end manage to get away fans to sit down all game, I'll listen to the stewards in our end. I have never seen anyone persistently stand and yet as soon as someone stands cos of a bad ref decision or foul or an exciting point in the game, they get all "jobsworth". :roll:

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 18 Nov 2006 20:09

Tell him that according to the Taylor Report "it is ineviatble that spectators will stand during periods of excitement."

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 18 Nov 2006 20:20

I must just do that - he really wound me up today to be honest - and he didn't even say anything to me!!

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Stewards again

by Jerry St Clair » 18 Nov 2006 20:37

Royal Lady There's an old grandad steward in Y24/25 who insists on waving his hand about and telling people to sit down. He dobbed on some guy who I think was in the back row of Y24 this afternoon. 2 Orange Tangos went and called him out the row and he ended up following them downstairs and I didn't see him again. Anyone know what he was doing to get pulled out? When the stewards in the away end manage to get away fans to sit down all game, I'll listen to the stewards in our end. I have never seen anyone persistently stand and yet as soon as someone stands cos of a bad ref decision or foul or an exciting point in the game, they get all "jobsworth". :roll:

You mean the black fella who was taken out?

He was about 5 or 6 seats along from me. No idea what he did. It certainly wasn't for persistent standing because nobody persistently stood today.

Perhaps the tangos are just racist bastards?

Tutti Frutti

by Tutti Frutti » 18 Nov 2006 20:39

He was near me as well. I noticed nothing before the tangos arrived to be objectionable.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Nov 2006 21:16

There is a gray haired forty-something(c/w high pitched ball-strangled voice) that sits in the Northstand B17/16 week in week out....p1ssing the hell out of everbody ( row K L or something seat 128ish)who despite his obvious hair defying immaturity overstepped the mark today.

He obviously had a downer on Lita, and was very vocal with his foul mouthed opinion of him (nothing much short of blatent racisism).

An old man (and a child) challenged him..................they felt the wrath of his "40 something" dickhead gormless "hard" mates

The "so-called useless Stewards" made all of the right moves .

Fair play to them............hopefully that twat wont be here the next game STH or not

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 19 Nov 2006 09:43

Jerry St Clair
Royal Lady There's an old grandad steward in Y24/25 who insists on waving his hand about and telling people to sit down. He dobbed on some guy who I think was in the back row of Y24 this afternoon. 2 Orange Tangos went and called him out the row and he ended up following them downstairs and I didn't see him again. Anyone know what he was doing to get pulled out? When the stewards in the away end manage to get away fans to sit down all game, I'll listen to the stewards in our end. I have never seen anyone persistently stand and yet as soon as someone stands cos of a bad ref decision or foul or an exciting point in the game, they get all "jobsworth". :roll:

He was about 5 or 6 seats along from me. No idea what he did. It certainly wasn't for persistent standing because nobody persistently stood today.

That's the one. Pathetic. :roll: Whilst trying to get to our turnstiles yesterday we had to walk past a queue of Charlton fans who were blocking the width of the pavement, as we went to walk through a gap in the queue another jobsworth steward told us we couldn't walk through and we had to walk round. We couldn't walk round, however, as the queue of Charlton supporters was so long. So we ended up just walking through another gap in the queue, which then meant we had to walk in the roadway until being able to get past them and back on the pavement. Another flaming steward then told us off for "walking in the road". The road had no cars driving in it, it is the bit of road infront of the East Stand and by the Burger Bar outside Y24. :roll:

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 19 Nov 2006 09:58

If they have all that on video you could be in for a ban for trying to get into the ground using an illegal approach.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 19 Nov 2006 09:59

The 17 Bus If they have all that on video you could be in for a ban for trying to get into the ground using an illegal approach.
:roll: I'd like to see them try.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 19 Nov 2006 10:04

Be afraid of the posty from wednesday onwards maam

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 19 Nov 2006 10:04

Your posse is just too big, your lot need to split up to avoid getting noticed.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 19 Nov 2006 10:06

Jeez - all we were doing was trying to walk to the turnstiles at Y24, if you can't walk through a queue of away supporters, who should have been lined up along the perimeter, not straight out into the road, and you can't walk in the road to get round them, what the flaming heck are you meant to do, fly??

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 19 Nov 2006 10:14

Royal Lady Jeez - all we were doing was trying to walk to the turnstiles at Y24, if you can't walk through a queue of away supporters, who should have been lined up along the perimeter, not straight out into the road, and you can't walk in the road to get round them, what the flaming heck are you meant to do, fly??

Only witches can fly, hang on :wink:

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 19 Nov 2006 15:45

A lot of the problems with the stewarding at RFC is the fact they bus in a significant amount of agency stewards who don't necessarily steward the way the chief steward wants them to, hence the vast inconsistency in stewarding approaches. The sooner we get a group of permanently employed stewards by the club the better, we may have less moans about them by then. Of course, this is merely speculation, but I would hazard an educated guess things would get better by then.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 19 Nov 2006 15:49

Jerry St Clair

I must be a few seats away from you then. Bet your delighted with that :lol:

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 19 Nov 2006 15:53

Just adding to that, most reading fans are nice, polite, friendly and co-operate. Basically they think they can push us around. Its about time fans and the fans around you started standing up against this hitler regime put in place by the club officials. Its pathetic. Remember when we played millwall 5/6 years ago and they were being a bit naughty. The OB tried to go in and arrest two wall fans, but the entire away end stood in front and wouldn't move out the way, therefore forcing the police to give up and walk off. Exactly how it should be done. Stick up for the fans around you and stand upto this ridiculous over zealous stewarding policy.

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 19 Nov 2006 16:21

FiNeRaIn Just adding to that, most reading fans are nice, polite, friendly and co-operate. Basically they think they can push us around. Its about time fans and the fans around you started standing up against this hitler regime put in place by the club officials. Its pathetic. Remember when we played millwall 5/6 years ago and they were being a bit naughty. The OB tried to go in and arrest two wall fans, but the entire away end stood in front and wouldn't move out the way, therefore forcing the police to give up and walk off. Exactly how it should be done. Stick up for the fans around you and stand upto this ridiculous over zealous stewarding policy.

Totally agree.

Rhys The Royal

by Rhys The Royal » 19 Nov 2006 17:11

EASTENDER MARKY
FiNeRaIn Just adding to that, most reading fans are nice, polite, friendly and co-operate. Basically they think they can push us around. Its about time fans and the fans around you started standing up against this hitler regime put in place by the club officials. Its pathetic. Remember when we played millwall 5/6 years ago and they were being a bit naughty. The OB tried to go in and arrest two wall fans, but the entire away end stood in front and wouldn't move out the way, therefore forcing the police to give up and walk off. Exactly how it should be done. Stick up for the fans around you and stand upto this ridiculous over zealous stewarding policy.

Totally agree.

It's the only way.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 19 Nov 2006 18:40

I would call the RFC stewards trumped up little Nazi's, but to be fair to the Nazi's they were (in the main) well organised and consistent.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 19 Nov 2006 22:00

FiNeRaIn
I must be a few seats away from you then. Bet your delighted with that :lol:

I'm almost thrilled beyond belief!