Qatar Hero - The World Cup 2022 thread

2186 posts
Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Qatar Hero - The World Cup 2022 thread

by Millsy » 10 Dec 2022 23:45

One of the worst f**king refs I've seen. Was just not anywhere near capable of officiating a world cup match.

Eg missing the most blatant penalty ont he competition, forced to accept it only after VAR. An example of the sort of blind cluelessmess he displayed all night as Saka was being hackes to pieces. Stupid ugly arsed clueless tosser. That is all.

Still well done to France. Scored 2 of the 4 actual chances they created. Can concentrate on Reading now.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 11 Dec 2022 00:34

Conservative_dad
Loafer
ayjaydee Oh yeah so let's just give him a pat on the oxf*rd back then

200k a week and oxf*rd bottle job skied a penalty

He shouldn't put on an England shirt again[/

Does the same apply to all others e.g Rashord, Sanyo, and Shaka. Who would volunteer for pens if you were manager you bellend.

Did I personally attack you?

Maybe you are just hurt and upset because of the loss.

Go away pest.

A professional should never miss the target.

I'm liking this

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 11 Dec 2022 00:41

AthleticoSpizz
Conservative_dad
Loafer Okay

I like and respect you so I will take this feedback on board and stop logging on whilst drinking

or you could continue drinking and post more

That’s your most comedic post ever Brobes

Yeah I'm plus oneing that one as well. Shit....

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 11 Dec 2022 00:46

Zip
Fair play to Giroud. Surely the most under rated player in world football

Yeah this, derided by English football fans. Frances top scorer above the sainted Thierry Henry.

Fair fcuks. And a big fcuk you. Great nose as well. Great.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 11 Dec 2022 07:51

Completey ruined my birthday this game :cry:

sputnik
Hob Nob Regular
Location: HNA? Prediction League Champion 2014-15, 2018-19, 2021-22

by sputnik » 11 Dec 2022 08:20

HBDDHAGO!

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 11 Dec 2022 09:34

Loafer Completey ruined my birthday this game :cry:

At least something positive came out of it.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 11 Dec 2022 09:36

Orion1871
Loafer Completey ruined my birthday this game :cry:

At least something positive came out of it.

Shut up OMA

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 11 Dec 2022 09:50

Kane predictably getting slated for the loss, but Maguire missed a sitter too. Completely unchallenged header and he puts it wide.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Dec 2022 10:01

Glad I won't be missing England win a world cup.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 11 Dec 2022 10:09

Winston Biscuit My review:

France better than us first half, we did an OK job of restricting Mbappe. The goal was just a great goal, couldn't do much about it.

Needed a reaction in the 2nd half and got one. We applied pressure on them and were the better team until they got their 2nd goal. Went a bit flat after that. Kane's pen was woeful, but sometimes humans make errors. We lost to a team who we knew were better than us but were in no way embarrassed and were likely just a penalty kick away from taking them to extra time. I think we did OK. QF is about par for us too.

Actually didn’t think the French were better than us, thought both sides were pretty equal and England largely gave as good as they got but just failed to take the golden opportunity they were handed - and as ever basically went out on penalties!

Think Henderson, Bellingham and Saka were especially terrific for England and Pickford too with some of the saves he produced.

Don’t think the back line did too bad overall either but it is the weakest part of England’s squad and the area most in need of some young exciting talent.

As for Southgate well I don’t particularly rate him but can’t say he should resign either, he called the US game completely incorrectly but was pretty much on the mark with the other games. Hope he gets the rub of the green in 2024.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 11 Dec 2022 10:09

The fact that the game last night was between 2 very evenly matched sides, one of which put away its chances and the other failed to, is testament to the advances made and the quality of the players now in the England squad.

We played some really good football last night and caused France a lot of problems;; as for the Kane's penalty miss, well guess what - stuff happens.

Unlike many previous competitions, I am not down-hearted by England going out; they competed well but in the end just weren't quite good enough.

At least it means that an English ref (probably Michael Oliver) will get given the Final now; just as long as the guy from last night gets nowhere near another game at this tournament! (I don't understand why a Eurpoean ref didn't get the game - they normally have a ref froma 3rd Confederation when 2 teams from different Federations are playing, but have had European refs in charge of all European matches.....)

tulip
Hob Nob Addict

by tulip » 11 Dec 2022 10:23

Millsy One of the worst f**king refs I've seen. Was just not anywhere near capable of officiating a world cup match.

Eg missing the most blatant penalty ont he competition, forced to accept it only after VAR. An example of the sort of blind cluelessmess he displayed all night as Saka was being hackes to pieces. Stupid ugly arsed clueless tosser. That is all.

Still well done to France. Scored 2 of the 4 actual chances they created. Can concentrate on Reading now.

You obviously didin't see the ref's performance Friday during Netherlands/Argentina. Truly the worse ever.
Hope the French win it and not Argentina, anyone but Argentina.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 11 Dec 2022 10:37

leon
Zip
Fair play to Giroud. Surely the most under rated player in world football

Yeah this, derided by English football fans. Frances top scorer above the sainted Thierry Henry.

Fair fcuks. And a big fcuk you. Great nose as well. Great.

Annoyingly good looking bloke

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 11 Dec 2022 10:41

tulip
Millsy One of the worst f**king refs I've seen. Was just not anywhere near capable of officiating a world cup match.

You obviously didin't see the ref's performance Friday during Netherlands/Argentina. Truly the worse ever.

Yeah I missed that game but he was apparently awful too that's why I said "one of". Brother is convinced there's huge corruption going on with betting syndicates and refs. I didn't believe him but last night I looked like a bit of a tit trying to argue otherwise. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

You can tell by his perfunctory glance at the VAR screen for the second penalty that he knew all along what it was. He knew what he was doing all game.

tulip
Hob Nob Addict

by tulip » 11 Dec 2022 10:53

Millsy
tulip

Yeah I missed that game but he was apparently awful too that's why I said "one of". Brother is convinced there's huge corruption going on with betting syndicates and refs. I didn't believe him but last night I looked like a bit of a tit trying to argue otherwise. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

You can tell by his perfunctory glance at the VAR screen for the second penalty that he knew all along what it was. He knew what he was doing all game.

Apparently the Portugese are also complaining about the refs and officials during their game. All of them were Argentinian and gave them nothing. Corrupt tournament through and through.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 11 Dec 2022 10:57

Another good tournament from Southgate - the defeat is disappointing of course but not unexpected to France. The question remains whether being “good” can suffice to win major tournaments however and whether he has it in him to make the next step. The game plan worked well but the lack of subs (and then the choice of subs) were really poor. We saw the impact the Dutch had the night before by throwing on a taller striker and playing off him yet Wilson didn’t even get a sniff. Poor decision IMO

Don’t particularly agree with blaming the ref, he wasn’t great and got things wrong (like the foul on Saka before their first) but it’s a bit far fetched to blame him for an infringement 90 yards away

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 11 Dec 2022 10:59

tulip

Just because the Argies celebrated in your faces? apparently the Dutch players were giving it some verbal during the shoot out, don`t give it if they can`t take it
Anybody but France for me

tulip
Hob Nob Addict

by tulip » 11 Dec 2022 11:05

windermereROYAL
tulip

Just because the Argies celebrated in your faces? apparently the Dutch players were giving it some verbal during the shoot out, don`t give it if they can`t take it
Anybody but France for me

Not just that (which was appalling) but giving every decision to Argentina.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 11 Dec 2022 11:29

tulip

Thought the Friday ref was horrendous. Yesterday's was awful too but the Holland game ref was far worse imo

2186 posts