by stealthpapes » 19 Dec 2018 14:15

Why?

Why not.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

Re: We're ManchesteROFL United, we do what we want

by Royality creeps In » 19 Dec 2018 16:37

Old Man Andrews
Royality creeps In I'm sorry but who really cares.

Personally Im more concerned about the fact, that since Maureen has gone we have less chance of a result in January.

I couldn't give a flying one about some team in the North West that has absolutely no affiliation with Reading FC.

Great late contender for "Shittest Post of the Year" 2018.

Sunshine. It must be shite to have written something worse than the drivel you constantly spout.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 19 Dec 2018 16:59

That would have worked better with an edit. Try:

It must be shite to have written something even worse than the drivel you normally spout.

Anyone else want to have a go?

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 19 Dec 2018 17:44

stealthpapes That would have worked better with an edit. Try:

It must be shite to have written something even worse than the drivel you normally spout.

Anyone else want to have a go?

Bad day at the office love?

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 19 Dec 2018 18:11

Yes.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Dec 2018 21:59

genome
stealthpapes OGS is basically sign that "no-one we want is available, and he'll be easily moved on in the summer" right?

He is not being put in place because of one relegation and 2 seasons in Molde. Think it through.

Yeah we know that, but what do they do if United get even worse?

Finish lower midtable and not give a shit as the probably aren't making top six and certainly aren't getting relegated .

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 19 Dec 2018 22:39

Snowflake Royal
genome
stealthpapes OGS is basically sign that "no-one we want is available, and he'll be easily moved on in the summer" right?

He is not being put in place because of one relegation and 2 seasons in Molde. Think it through.

Finish lower midtable and not give a shit as the probably aren't making top six and certainly aren't getting relegated .

Then they may as well have stuck with Mourinho, and saved the £20m.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Dec 2018 08:03

genome
Snowflake Royal
genome

Thats just stupid. They'd have continued damaging their brand, alienating their fan base, corporate relationships, players and getting worse. And they'd still be spending the £xm at the end of the season anyway.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 20 Dec 2018 09:22

Old Man Andrews A basket case club that got promoted to the Premier League under Vincent Tan's ownership? He is the wrong choice and not strong enough to manage the characters in that United dressing room.Really not sure why you have such a hard on for OGS.

I'm not sure that saying an interim manager is an interesting appointment and a pretty safe pair of hands is quite getting a hard on for him...

genome Comparatively speaking Man Utd are a basket case right now as well. It's a dressing room full of egos that have no real connection to the club (unlike the squad Ole was a part of back in the day) apart from Rashford and Lingard. Ole, by some accounts from Cardiff fans, was utterly useless.

Also I don't think a 55% win rate in the Norwegian Premier League should have any bearing on managing a club like Manchester United.

Agreed on the Norwegian record not being too much of bearing, but he's an interim manager who is coming in to repair damage, get things back on an even keel and help set them up for the new man coming in.

The fact it's a bit of a basket case club at the moment is why Mourinho got the sack. Most of it appears to be his doing despite some of the apologists quoting a lack of support for him, from the board, in the transfer market being the catalyst and a weakness in the set up. He's a safe pair of hands as the interim manager because he knows what the culture should be and they're obviously not ready to appoint the man they want (Pochettino by the sounds of it) until the summer.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 20 Dec 2018 09:34

Snowflake Royal
genome
Snowflake Royal

Thats just stupid. They'd have continued damaging their brand, alienating their fan base, corporate relationships, players and getting worse. And they'd still be spending the £xm at the end of the season anyway.

Lol. Man Utd as a brand isn't going anywhere. They've been alsorans since 2013 but they're still the biggest and richest club in the world, even above Real Madrid who in that time have won 4 out of the last 5 Champions Leagues.

It will "bring the fans together" granted (whatever that actually means), but as I said before, not necessarily the players. There's only one or two players in their regular starting XI that have a connection to the club and will know what being managed by Solksjaer means - the rest are primadonnas with massive egos and probably couldn't give a shit. And with Ole's managerial record, good luck to him with managing that lot.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 20 Dec 2018 09:37

A fair amount of noise around that United will be looking to bring in this Paul Mitchell bloke in some kind of Director of Football or Head of Recruitment role. He worked with Pochettino at both Spurs and Southampton.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 20 Dec 2018 09:51

stealthpapes

Was this from Leeds' Flamingo Land trip? :lol:

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Dec 2018 09:52

Poch should and probably will be there only choice and I think they'd get him. A new stadium isn't going to keep him at Spurs. Didn't he and Sir Alex have dinners together a few years ago? Sure I read he was very well liked by Sir Alex and he tried to lure him to Old Trafford.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 20 Dec 2018 12:15

Old Man Andrews Poch should and probably will be there only choice and I think they'd get him. A new stadium isn't going to keep him at Spurs. Didn't he and Sir Alex have dinners together a few years ago? Sure I read he was very well liked by Sir Alex and he tried to lure him to Old Trafford.

I thought Zidane was meant to be the next one.
Once Poch gets a sniff of a better deal I suspect he will be off from Spurs-he didn't hang around at Southampton for long-and you get the impression that Man Utd would pay more than Spurs.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Dec 2018 12:22

Victor Meldrew
Old Man Andrews Poch should and probably will be there only choice and I think they'd get him. A new stadium isn't going to keep him at Spurs. Didn't he and Sir Alex have dinners together a few years ago? Sure I read he was very well liked by Sir Alex and he tried to lure him to Old Trafford.

Once Poch gets a sniff of a better deal I suspect he will be off from Spurs-he didn't hang around at Southampton for long-and you get the impression that Man Utd would pay more than Spurs.

If United had a really decent squad capable of challenging for major honours then Zidane would be a great shout. Just can't see him going in there and managing the all the changes they'd have to make in personell and attitude. He is very much someone you'd draft into a Liverpool or a PSG if either of their managers left. Pochettino rebuilt Spurs and incorporated the youth players right from the very start, just like United used to do in the glory days. That combined with a bit of a transfer budget and I think Poch would be on to a winner!

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 20 Dec 2018 12:50

Old Man Andrews
Victor Meldrew

If United had a really decent squad capable of challenging for major honours then Zidane would be a great shout. Just can't see him going in there and managing the all the changes they'd have to make in personell and attitude. He is very much someone you'd draft into a Liverpool or a PSG if either of their managers left. Pochettino rebuilt Spurs and incorporated the youth players right from the very start, just like United used to do in the glory days. That combined with a bit of a transfer budget and I think Poch would be on to a winner!

TBF, Zidane wouldn't be a bad shout for Spurs if Pochettino leaves.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 20 Dec 2018 13:27

Hendo
stealthpapes

Was this from Leeds' Flamingo Land trip? :lol:

Wait what there's more to this.

TO GOOGLE

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict