Re: We Need a Striker!!

by super darren caskey » 19 Dec 2016 18:15

Should have kept Orlando Sa

10 goals in 14 games so far at Liege

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 20 Dec 2016 10:00

Must show the quality difference between the leagues then. Didn't know where the box was here.

Plus he seemed a bit of a pcunt.

Glad he's gone.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 20 Dec 2016 10:09

maffff Must show the quality difference between the leagues then. Didn't know where the box was here.

Glad he's gone.

+1

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Dec 2016 12:24

muirinho
maffff Must show the quality difference between the leagues then. Didn't know where the box was here.

Glad he's gone.

+1

+1

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 20 Dec 2016 14:53

this is probably bol***ks but you never know these things may come true and its always worth putting it out there. A friend of mine who works for Reading claims this is what he has heard. I am still expecting this to be wrong.
anyway.....
He has said that Karacan has been told that he can leave Galatasaray, he has not had a great time in Turkey and he is currently on loan at burpaspor. apparantly Gala would accept a minimal fee and Karacan has contacted Reading himself to see whether Reading will take him back and Stam is considering.
Also another player he sais we are looking at is Kolbeinn Sigthorsson. (the striker who put England out of the World cup) he is currently on loan from Nice to Galatasary and the fee would be somewhere in the region of 1.8 million. Galatasary had an option to buy him from Nice but he has currently not made a appearance all season and Galatasary are unlikely to take up that option so nice is looking to recoup some of the 3.5 million euros they paid for him from Ajax.

Like i said likely rubbish but i still thought it was interesting....

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 20 Dec 2016 16:39

^^^Sigthorsson (Sigþórsson) is a Nantes player, but interesting rumour, being Iceland's 2nd highest all-time scorer; even if your friend is on a wind up

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 20 Dec 2016 16:57

linkenholtroyal this is probably bol***ks

He has said that Karacan has been told that he can leave Galatasaray, he has not had a great time in Turkey and he is currently on loan at burpaspor. apparantly Gala would accept a minimal fee and Karacan has contacted Reading himself to see whether Reading will take him back and Stam is considering.

Karacan's loan at Bursaspor was last season, he returned in July.
He hasn't played for them since he came back.
A quick google shows a tonne of rumours he had his contract terminated shortly after the window shut, but there's nothing official. One media source suggests he's back in England (which his tweets seem to correspond with) and he was with Millwall (!) to stay fit - had undertaken some talks but hadn't agreed a deal with them, yet.

If he were as good as he was when he came back to full fitness shortly before going to Gala (he was our best player end of that season) I'd love him back. After he hit the post v. Swansea surely his legacy needs to involve a playoff final win.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 20 Dec 2016 17:04

I think Karacan could do a job back here, but I would only envisage him being a bit-part player.

I don't think he would get in ahead of the Swift, Williams or Evans and I wouldn't like to see him come in a replace/hind Kellys progress.

If he was back on top form he does get in ahead of JvdB (as much as like JvdB) & Quinn for me.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 20 Dec 2016 17:06

Hendo I think Karacan could do a job back here, but I would only envisage him being a bit-part player.

I don't think he would get in ahead of the Swift, Williams or Evans and I wouldn't like to see him come in a replace/hind Kellys progress.

If he was back on top form he does get in ahead of JvdB (as much as like JvdB) & Quinn for me.

Given we'll need numbers until the end of the season, if he hasn't deteriorated he'd definitely add needed depth.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 20 Dec 2016 17:10

maffff
Hendo I think Karacan could do a job back here, but I would only envisage him being a bit-part player.

Given we'll need numbers until the end of the season, if he hasn't deteriorated he'd definitely add needed depth.

Oh aye, I agree with you, he would be a great addition to have squad depth, what I meant to say (and probably should've edited my post to reflect this) is that I can only envisage him being a bit-part player and I don't know whether he would be happy with that, after his Gala adventures.

Obviously if the wage was enough then I am sure he would be fine with it.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Dec 2016 09:53

royalp-we ^^^Sigthorsson (Sigþórsson) is a Nantes player, but interesting rumour, being Iceland's 2nd highest all-time scorer; even if your friend is on a wind up

All Icelandic rumours are cr@p until Icelandic Stokie confirms.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 22 Dec 2016 13:08

Sutekh
royalp-we ^^^Sigthorsson (Sigþórsson) is a Nantes player, but interesting rumour, being Iceland's 2nd highest all-time scorer; even if your friend is on a wind up

All Icelandic rumours are cr@p until Icelandic Stokie confirms.

so true
bout time we heard from him

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 22 Dec 2016 18:00

Hendo
maffff

Oh aye, I agree with you, he would be a great addition to have squad depth, what I meant to say (and probably should've edited my post to reflect this) is that I can only envisage him being a bit-part player and I don't know whether he would be happy with that, after his Gala adventures.

Obviously if the wage was enough then I am sure he would be fine with it.

If released might be worth a punt on a short term deal? Would rather see kelly get the minutes but he's certainly a leader on the pitch and may be able to offer some good championship experience to the squad.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Dec 2016 16:32

A bit weird to see an article by Charles Watts on getreading linking us to Tom Lawrence from Leicester, and then Charles goes on Twitter a few hours later to ridicule it and say the link is absolute rubbish.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Dec 2016 18:36

genome A bit weird to see an article by Charles Watts on getreading linking us to Tom Lawrence from Leicester, and then Charles goes on Twitter a few hours later to ridicule it and say the link is absolute rubbish.

Tbf to Charles it is only that 'Championship Rumour' story that goes out every week, it mentions a whole load of other clubs 'interested' in Lawrence.

Its probably just a collection of rumours from different sources and not actually written by GR/CW.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Dec 2016 20:44

Hendo
genome A bit weird to see an article by Charles Watts on getreading linking us to Tom Lawrence from Leicester, and then Charles goes on Twitter a few hours later to ridicule it and say the link is absolute rubbish.

Tbf to Charles it is only that 'Championship Rumour' story that goes out every week, it mentions a whole load of other clubs 'interested' in Lawrence.

Its probably just a collection of rumours from different sources and not actually written by GR/CW.

The article said By Charles Watts :P

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Dec 2016 20:46

genome
Hendo

The article said By Charles Watts :P

I did see that, but I guess a 'serious' publication like GR can't have:

"Content sourced from football-rumours.com" as a by line :lol:

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Dec 2016 20:50

They are certainly more clickb8 focused since the move from print to all-digital. Shame really, as I like Charles Watts.

mambo3

by mambo3 » 23 Dec 2016 23:37

I thought we had one. Played 400 mins (60+ mins per game) equates to four and a half games scored 2 goals, 1 goal assist (penalty) not a bad stat.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Dec 2016 23:42

genome They are certainly more clickb8 focused since the move from print to all-digital. Shame really, as I like Charles Watts.

There is a lot of clickb8 going on at GR. Their twitter feed its just a shambles of it.

If they actually put out a story with a headline that wasn't clickb8, but actually related to the story, people would still read it, as they are interested in whats going on with the team, and one of my biggest gripes with GR, they constantly run stories about ex-Reading players. Why? Unless they have said something about the club, or a re-joining the club, I don't care. Like the Tishbola story, yes he is ex-Reading and is probably going to be leaving Villa soon, but is he going to be coming back to Reading? No, Rangers have been linked, they aren't even in the same oxf*rd country. They ran loads of stories about HRK during the summer, when he wasn't our player anymore.

Yes, I am aware that to keep the paper going, there needs to be stories so people go onto the website and advertisers will pay more money for space that is getting viewed more, but the actual quality of the content has gone down so much. I cleaned out a load of stuff the other day and found papers from various Reading games and the actual content in them was pretty damn good, extensive match reports with ratings and reports by a couple of journalists.

oxf*rd winds me up!

141 posts