768 posts
Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: New manager rumours and speculation

by Pepe the Horseman » 19 Jun 2023 21:57

retro royal
NathStPaul
retro royal Moore is an awful manager big -1

How have you come to this conclusion? Has a track record of being a decent League 1 manager.

What's he ever achieved except relegation albeit as assistant

Err, promotion?

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 19 Jun 2023 22:24

I think we may as well appoint Hunt and let him get the youngsters prepared as best as he can. I don’t expect the likes of Holmes, Ince, Yiadom amongst others to stay. Next season is not going to be enjoyable but it is what it is.

ILoveMoonPig

by ILoveMoonPig » 20 Jun 2023 06:34

The longer this goes on, the more and more i'm starting to think our only option is for Bowen/Hunt/Gilkes to take the job on a rolling basis until we get the finances sorted and try and get someone permanent after that.

Can't see that anyone else would want a job where they potentially don't have enough first team players to field a starting 11 and I'm not sure we can even afford anyone.

Gutted to have lost out on wilder, he would have been perfect, but can completely see why nobody in their right mind would want to take on this job at the moment.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 20 Jun 2023 07:22

Stats say otherwise

P W D L W%
255 124 62 69 48.6

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 20 Jun 2023 07:36

I`m officially sick to death of this now, fixtures released Thursday with no manager and only around 8 players as it stands.

Franconian Royal

by Franconian Royal » 20 Jun 2023 07:53

I don't usually post on here because it really is depressing, but I've got a couple of things I want to let out:

1. I'm over on Twitter (not a poster) and some of the racist vitriol towards the owner is despicable.

2. The owners need to really get on with it and show us they mean business. I saw, after the message from Pang was released, that apparently there was an 80%+ chance of it being AI-generated, can anyone confirm this?

3. As someone has posted, I don't think anyone would come here knowing that there might be problems putting a team out etc., so just give Mark Bowen, NHunt or Gilksey it for the time being.

4. I'm a little worried for those whose jobs are in danger as all this can't exactly be having a great effect on their mental health.

I'll leave now.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 20 Jun 2023 08:20

Franconian Royal I don't usually post on here because it really is depressing, but I've got a couple of things I want to let out:

1. I'm over on Twitter (not a poster) and some of the racist vitriol towards the owner is despicable.

2. The owners need to really get on with it and show us they mean business. I saw, after the message from Pang was released, that apparently there was an 80%+ chance of it being AI-generated, can anyone confirm this?

3. As someone has posted, I don't think anyone would come here knowing that there might be problems putting a team out etc., so just give Mark Bowen, NHunt or Gilksey it for the time being.

4. I'm a little worried for those whose jobs are in danger as all this can't exactly be having a great effect on their mental health.

I'll leave now.

So I take it this time you won’t be PMing me asking me what my problem was and why I was so pessimistic???

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Jun 2023 08:24

windermereROYAL I`m officially sick to death of this now, fixtures released Thursday with no manager and only around 8 players as it stands.

8?

Franconian Royal

by Franconian Royal » 20 Jun 2023 08:25

leon
Franconian Royal I don't usually post on here because it really is depressing, but I've got a couple of things I want to let out:

I'll leave now.

So I take it this time you won’t be PMing me asking me what my problem was and why I was so pessimistic???

No, sir, because it looks like your pessimism has grabbed me by the cojones and embraced me as well.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 20 Jun 2023 08:27

Franconian Royal
leon

I'll leave now.

No, sir, because it looks like your pessimism has grabbed me by the cojones and embraced me as well.

Let me be clear. Neither my pessimism or I are touching your testicles.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 Jun 2023 08:31

retro royal
NathStPaul

How have you come to this conclusion? Has a track record of being a decent League 1 manager.

What's he ever achieved except relegation albeit as assistant

You can certainly dislike the way Moore sets up to play but his record as a manager is fantastic in the lower leagues - 51% win rate at Weds, 45% at Doncaster, 48% at WBA. We should certainly be seeing if he is available but I would doubt he is an option esp as he tends to like to spend money, which we are unlikely to have.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Jun 2023 08:32

I’m assuming he has something else lined up and that isn’t us

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 20 Jun 2023 08:57

Hound I’m assuming he has something else lined up and that isn’t us

I am guessing Shrewsbury Town.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 20 Jun 2023 09:25

Are we going to cover the hunt for a new Women's manager on this thread or start a new one as Kelly Chambers is due to leave the club. Not really a surprise.

I wonder if they will appoint a new manager sooner than the Men's team?

Delboy

by Delboy » 20 Jun 2023 09:47

I can not see a new manager appointed until EFL situation resolved as they will not know if there is an embargo or what budget is available. Essential RFC reply to EFL quickly do not wait until 29 th June

Franconian Royal

by Franconian Royal » 20 Jun 2023 10:35

leon
Franconian Royal
leon

Let me be clear. Neither my pessimism or I are touching your testicles.

Metaphorically meant

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 20 Jun 2023 10:49

Hound
windermereROYAL I`m officially sick to death of this now, fixtures released Thursday with no manager and only around 8 players as it stands.

8?

I think you can look at the list of 14 and pick out six who would be a surprise if they came off the bench, let alone started.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 20 Jun 2023 10:58

Any update?

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 20 Jun 2023 11:30

Delboy I can not see a new manager appointed until EFL situation resolved as they will not know if there is an embargo or what budget is available. Essential RFC reply to EFL quickly do not wait until 29 th June

EFL won't do anything quickly whilst we are fighting these latest charges, why would they ?
What do you think Dai will do based on his previous decisions.

1: Fight the charges which could take weeks and start the season without a manager in place and miss out on the transfer window.
2: Take whatever the EFL are going to give us, promise to behave in future and get on with preparing for the new season as quickly as possible.

He's Chinese so will not want to back down and lose face, so it will probably be option one.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 20 Jun 2023 12:40

72 bus What do you think Dai will do based on his previous decisions.

Prove yet again he's an incompetent individual to own an English football club.

768 posts