Woodley Royal.

You seem to be outnumbered.

The needs of the many............................ :wink:

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Back from the Game - Southampton

by PieEater » 29 Dec 2008 11:55

The 17 Bus And herein lies the rub, atmosphere from the fans is a big part of the football experience, but things have changed, money is all important, and clubs try to maximise that income. Therefore it is reserved seating, as unreserved loses 10% of the capacity.

That's why there were people standing in aisles in the Cardiff end all game. They claim not to be used to reserved seating at away games, so there were people in other peoples seats, meaning there was a sort of natural distribution of singers to the back and centre of the stands.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 29 Dec 2008 11:56

WoodleyRoyal the needs of many outweigh the needs of a few

Special needs in your case.

southstand67

by southstand67 » 29 Dec 2008 12:00

Vision
WoodleyRoyal the needs of many outweigh the needs of a few

Special needs in your case.

No need for abuse now is there?

I think woodley royal, you need to be a bit more self aware with your support buddy!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 29 Dec 2008 12:02

Blimey! If you think that's abuse from Vision, you should read some of the other threads on here from time to time!!

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 29 Dec 2008 12:07

had i been sat infront of a 70 year old or a small child i may have been a bit more considerate but do you what i do if someone stands up infront of me.... shout and ball at him..... no i stand up its not hard i have two legs and i do it for the majority of most days i'm sure i can manage it for 90 minutes. and for people who cant manage it sit lower down. if you ask for a ticket at the bottom they will give you one it was packed at the top of the satnd but lots of empty seats at the bottom

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 29 Dec 2008 12:09

I'll ask again, how old are you?

If you can't get a seat a the back and you want to stand, unfortunately, you can't. You're not even meant to stand at the back, but I don't see a problem with that myself.

3 veesinarow
Hob Nob Regular

by 3 veesinarow » 29 Dec 2008 12:12

WoodleyRoyal had i been sat infront of a 70 year old or a small child i may have been a bit more considerate but do you what i do if someone stands up infront of me.... shout and ball at him..... no i stand up its not hard i have two legs and i do it for the majority of most days i'm sure i can manage it for 90 minutes. and for people who cant manage it sit lower down. if you ask for a ticket at the bottom they will give you one it was packed at the top of the satnd but lots of empty seats at the bottom

So.
...by exactly the same token and logic as that which you have employed in this "debate" - if you want to stand for 90 minutes, get a ticket at the back.

Negative_Jeff

by Negative_Jeff » 29 Dec 2008 12:15

Big Foot

Reading's support is full of modern, kunty gobshites and I detest this.

I would like to buy Big Foot a pint in the Nags Head, before the next home game.

Well done to the couple of hundred who stood at the back at St Marys making a bit of noise.Our support never used to be as bad as this but a bigger embarrassment is on the horizon.... the play off final at Wembley. And before anyone tells me to"deal with it" I can`t so I will not be there.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 29 Dec 2008 12:16

You should be more positive, negative Jeff.

southstand67

by southstand67 » 29 Dec 2008 12:17

Negative_Jeff
Big Foot

Reading's support is full of modern, kunty gobshites and I detest this.

I would like to buy Big Foot a pint in the Nags Head, before the next home game.

Nag's Head, Russell Street?

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 29 Dec 2008 12:19

I think Big Foot should buy his own alcohol.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 29 Dec 2008 12:20

Nag's Head, Peckham. :roll:

southstand67

by southstand67 » 29 Dec 2008 12:21

Royal Lady Nag's Head, Peckham. :roll:

Ha ha ha!!

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 29 Dec 2008 12:28

Oxon_Royal Next time you're at the theatre, ask yourself the question "is this the atmosphere I want at football matches"?

When you're at foorball do you think to yourself that you'd love that atmosphere at the theatre?

Negative_Jeff

by Negative_Jeff » 29 Dec 2008 12:31

I didn`t get where I am by being positive.
Yes the Nags Head in Russell St, long hair, age 60 but look 50!

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 29 Dec 2008 12:40

Negative_Jeff long hair, age 60 but look 50!

:shock: :wink:

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 29 Dec 2008 12:50

Once again a "Back from the game" thread has almost f*** all about the game.
There was a div two rows in front of me who turned round and (oh so brave) started to have a go at a quiet bloke with glasses who had obviously asked him not to stand up and sing "Super Reading" all through the game.
Why oh why do these twats think that the team can't play without their pissed-up "support".
I have maintained for years that all the noise from the terraces and seats makes no difference to players' performance-yes it makes the fans feel better and yes every club manager and chairman say it does because it makes those fans feel wanted.

Did anybody notice that for all the shouting for Cisse he took no notice at all and didn't acknowledge it once?
If all the away "support" at the Mad Stad is so much better than ours(and "support" supposedly makes so much difference) how come away teams hardly ever win there?

Unfortunately we are in an era when tolerance of others is at an all-time low and those Whitleys who think that standing all game and blocking the view of others (especially kids) is what it is all about really don't understand-they are that thick.
Once in a while they might watch a game and find that what happens on the pitch can be quite entertaining.
BTW some of us others are not necessarily that saintly and I apologise to those who sit around us and have to put up with our language-my only excuse is that swearing and football have always gone together which doesn't make it right and my daughter never had an problem with it as she knows that these 90 minutes are different from the rest of the week and whereas I might swear a bit at football even if she were there I don't do it indoors.

Now,back from the game ,Stephen Hunt surpassed himself in his last game for the club with his overpaid awfulness-thanks for the memories Steve of those few games around Christmas last year and a few games earlier this season.
Apart from those you have been nowhere near as good as you think you are so please persuade the club to let you go for a realistic amount rather than the ludicrous £5million and that money can go towards buying Andy Surman who can come straight into your position.

Having not lived in Reading for some years maybe what were Whitleys in my time are now Dee-Roaders so I'll be just as offensive to them,those that think X-factor is what life is all about and their quest for celebrity comes on match day when they do their "stand up and look at me,I am a REAL fan" bit-pathetic.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 29 Dec 2008 12:55

Well said, Vic.

boycey

by boycey » 29 Dec 2008 12:56

WoodleyRoyal had i been sat infront of a 70 year old or a small child i may have been a bit more considerate but do you what i do if someone stands up infront of me.... shout and ball at him..... no i stand up its not hard i have two legs and i do it for the majority of most days i'm sure i can manage it for 90 minutes. and for people who cant manage it sit lower down. if you ask for a ticket at the bottom they will give you one it was packed at the top of the satnd but lots of empty seats at the bottom

The problem here is that the mindset of the average Reading fan is the "I've paid my money for the seat so I'll sit here" . Alot of other fans will help each other out . i.e kids standing on seats , moving those who dont want to stand down the front .
What Reading fans dont understand that we are in the minority when sitting at away games . I've given up getting worked up about it .
I dont think it will change so I pick and choose away games , it was obvious Southampton would be full of families so I chose not to go .
Bristol/brum/barnsley were good and I expect QPR to be a full on thermos and rug fest . so i wont go .

255 posts