Dellor moaning about Vydra again!!!

537 posts
No Fixed Abode

Re: Dellor moaning about Vydra again!!!

by No Fixed Abode » 06 Apr 2016 10:30

The thing is Dellor is no different to every other Reading fan - people always have a scapegoat player they 'pick' on.

We've seen it with Blackman etc. Vydra is Dellor's.

He has every right to question Vydra considering the money he's costing the club and the return he's given. He was always going to score between now and the end of the season and it's so predicktable the backlash from the fans last night "See Dellor is wrong he scored a goal v Forest last night". :lol:

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 06 Apr 2016 10:45

No Fixed Abode He has every right to question Vydra considering the money he's costing the club and the return he's given
Maybe he should dig a bit deeper and question the coaching and tactics which have failed to get the best out of Vydra and contrast and compare them to those employed by Watford when Vydra was banging the goals in. You only have to look at Nick Blackman and Jimmy Kebe to see how a different approach can get the best out of a player.

Vydra looks sharp, he looks lively, he gets into positions to score but he's just not in goalscoring form - it happens to all goalscorers. If he was lazy, unmotivated and not scoring goals - Drenthe Syndrome, then by all means question the player, If anything question the managers decision to select an out of form player ahead of players that are going to add more value to the team - Although I doubt Rakkels, for example would have had as much of an impact if he had come on against Forest.

As for the loan fee paid, A player can't control what one club wants to pay another club to loan or buy them, If you want to question that then you question the sanity of those responsible for agreeing the fee, not the current manager or the player.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 06 Apr 2016 10:58

No Fixed Abode The thing is Dellor is no different to every other Reading fan - people always have a scapegoat player they 'pick' on.

He has every right to question Vydra considering the money he's costing the club and the return he's given. He was always going to score between now and the end of the season and it's so predicktable the backlash from the fans last night "See Dellor is wrong he scored a goal v Forest last night". :lol:

Only when he is on the radio he is meant to be different from every other fan. He should not be (ab)using his position to start/fuel a witch hunt against one of our players.

You are also completely wrong in stating that people always have a scapegoat player that they pick on. Yes, there are a good number that do but there are also plenty that don't, myself included. I judge players on my view of their performances. I try extremely hard not to give any player stick during a game, although admit there will be occasions when I fail and emit an audible groan or words to the effect of 'for god's sake! - I suspect manager and coaching team do the same.

Dellor's criticism of Vydra has been loud ('vociferous' to quote DJ MegaParty) and constant before, during and after games.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 06 Apr 2016 11:07

We've paid Watford £2.5 Million to have Vydra for 1 year.

Boro have paid, what? 12 million to take Rhodes for 3 years? or is it 4 years? If they have him on a 3 year deal that means he is costing them £4million per season. Vydra is £2.5 million per season. If we signed him permanently on a 3 year deal then effectively his valuation would be £7.5 million.

That is about the going rate for a Championship striker. That does make him more expensive than Blackman but Blackman was at the end of his deal with us. Vydra's cost is probably not an unreasonable amount in the current financial climate.

Based on his performances this season, I think £2 or £3million would be a reasonable amount to pay for his services to Watford to keep him permanently. I'd be happy if the club made that move.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 06 Apr 2016 11:21

No Fixed Abode The thing is Dellor is no different to every other Reading fan - people always have a scapegoat player they 'pick' on.

He has every right to question Vydra considering the money he's costing the club and the return he's given. :

but not every right to assume/demand that the manager agrees with him, and come out publicly to have a go in an interview.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 Apr 2016 11:22

Yes, I'd be delighted to snap him up for £2m-3m. I made a poll recently and the majority agreed we'd still take him permanently despite his poor form.

I don't think anyone can argue against the fact he has been disappointing, but I think most sane fans can see glimpses of a cracking player who just needs confidence and a strike partner who works well with him (see Deeney) and he'll rediscover his old form.
Last edited by genome on 06 Apr 2016 11:26, edited 1 time in total.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 06 Apr 2016 11:24

RoyalBlue

Only when he is on the radio he is meant to be different from every other fan. .

Can you show me the rules on Radio etiquette as I'm not au fait with them.
Last edited by No Fixed Abode on 06 Apr 2016 11:28, edited 1 time in total.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 06 Apr 2016 11:25

Forbury Lion
No Fixed Abode He has every right to question Vydra considering the money he's costing the club and the return he's given
Maybe he should dig a bit deeper and question the coaching and tactics which have failed to get the best out of Vydra and contrast and compare them to those employed by Watford when Vydra was banging the goals in. You only have to look at Nick Blackman and Jimmy Kebe to see how a different approach can get the best out of a player.

Vydra looks sharp, he looks lively, he gets into positions to score but he's just not in goalscoring form - it happens to all goalscorers. If he was lazy, unmotivated and not scoring goals - Drenthe Syndrome, then by all means question the player, If anything question the managers decision to select an out of form player ahead of players that are going to add more value to the team - Although I doubt Rakkels, for example would have had as much of an impact if he had come on against Forest.

As for the loan fee paid, A player can't control what one club wants to pay another club to loan or buy them, If you want to question that then you question the sanity of those responsible for agreeing the fee, not the current manager or the player.

he was injured and not on the bench, same as at Bolton.

Snowball136

by Snowball136 » 06 Apr 2016 11:52

Vydra's stats (including cup games are not that bad)

This tis the table for Minutes per GoalorAssist

Both Sa and Blackman were on 151 minutes, Vydra is 179
is that such a massive difference? And Vydra edges Kermie

Vydra's RFC stats are better than Blackman's 2016 season (RFC and Derby combined)
better than HRK, Ola John, McCleary, Williams, Norwood, and STREETS ahead of no-goals, no-assists Cox

App Mins - Gls Ass G&A Mn.Gl Mn/Gl&A
21 - 1451 - 05 - 02 - 07 - 0290 - 0151 - Orlando Sa
28 - 2417 - 13 - 03 - 16 - 0186 - 0151 - Blackman RFC

07 - 0158 - 01 - 00 - 01 - 0158 - 0158 - Rakels
23 - 1359 - 05 - 03 - 08 - 0272 - 0170 - Piazon
31 - 2142 - 09 - 03 - 12 - 0238 - 0179 - Vydra
11 - 0916 - 02 - 03 - 05 - 0458 - 0183 - Termagant

43 - 3027 - 13 - 03 - 16 - 0233 - 0189 - Blackman 2016
34 - 2320 - 05 - 07 - 12 - 0464 - 0193 - HRK
29 - 1208 - 04 - 02 - 06 - 0302 - 0201 - Ola John

31 - 1686 - 05 - 00 - 05 - 0337 - 0337 - McCleary
10 - 0346 - 01 - 00 - 01 - 0346 - 0346 - Alex Fernandez
41 - 3375 - 06 - 03 - 09 - 0563 - 0375 - Williams
42 - 3805 - 03 - 06 - 09 - 1268 - 0423 - Norwood

08 - 0384 - 00 - 00 - 00 - 0999 - 0999 - Cox

46 - 4254 - 01 - 02 - 03 - 4254 - 1418 - Gunter
25 - 2101 - 01 - 00 - 01 - 2101 - 2101 - Cooper
27 - 2376 - 00 - 01 - 01 - 9999 - 2376 - Obita
35 - 3049 - 01 - 00 - 01 - 3049 - 3049 - McShane
15 - 0615 - 00 - 00 - 00 - 9999 - 9999 - Blackman Derby

Here is the table in Minutes per Goal Order

0158 - Rakels
0186 - Blackman RFC
0233 - Blackman 2016 (RFC & Derby Combined)
0238 - Vydra

0272 - Piazon
0290 - Orlando Sa

0302 - Ola John
0337 - McCleary
0346 - Alex Fernandez

0458 - Kermogant
0464 - HRK

0563 - Williams

1268 - Norwood
2101 - Cooper
3049 - McShane
4254 - Gunter
0999 - Cox
9999 - Obita
9999 - Blackman Derby

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 06 Apr 2016 15:28

Maneki Neko
Forbury Lion

he was injured and not on the bench, same as at Bolton.
Which proves my point - An injured Rakkels wouldn't have has as much of an impact. 8)

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 06 Apr 2016 15:36

i can wholeheartedly agree with that

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 06 Apr 2016 21:54

No Fixed Abode
RoyalBlue

Only when he is on the radio he is meant to be different from every other fan. .

Can you show me the rules on Radio etiquette as I'm not au fait with them.

OK I'll bite!

Clearly neither is Dellor. A true professional would be a bit (actually loads) more objective. Waging vendettas like he does will ensure that he never exceeds the heady heights of BBC Berks and probably see him on a downward spiral at some point. Mind you, Jeremy Kyle has made quite a good career out of being a bigoted, classless, arse! :twisted:

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 07 Apr 2016 00:12

He is to Reading what Torres was to Chelsea.

Like I suspect some Chelsea fans like Torres, some Reading Fans like Vydra.

Snowball136

by Snowball136 » 07 Apr 2016 08:03

Excluding Blackman, who ain't here!

Vydra, our top-scorer this season (and on less minutes)

Vydra, our top player on goals-plus-assists (and on less minutes)

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 07 Apr 2016 10:55

3 against a 10 man team that were cruising at 2-0 up and likely to score more but for the red card, two against a league 1 side, two tap ins and one off his arse that he knew little about.

They all count as they say, but let's not proclaim him the new Cristiano Ronaldo.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 07 Apr 2016 11:58

Considering he splits opinion I think we can say his time at Reading has been average.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 07 Apr 2016 12:33

Dellor is probably knocking one off right now as he reads this thread - "At last, everybody is talking about me, I must be doing something right"

Snowball136

by Snowball136 » 07 Apr 2016 13:06

sandman 3 against a 10 man team that were cruising at 2-0 up and likely to score more but for the red card, two against a league 1 side, two tap ins and one off his arse that he knew little about.

They all count as they say, but let's not proclaim him the new Cristiano Ronaldo.

I don' think I'm remotely lauding him but I am making the point that when you check
he's out-performing the other goal-scorers.

As for hat-tricks? He was the player who turned the game around by getting the Huddersfield player sent off
and all strikers get braces or hat-tricks. Pos got six goals for Fulham but there were in his first game.

Sa got 5 for us this season but 3 in a game. SO?

Maybe we should stop acknowledging players who score 2-3 or 4 in a game and only ask did they score in that game?

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 07 Apr 2016 14:08

sandman 3 against a 10 man team that were cruising at 2-0 up and likely to score more but for the red card, two against a league 1 side, two tap ins and one off his arse that he knew little about.

I don't think anyone is proclaiming him as the next Cristiano Ronaldo. The larger problem is that you are expecting him to be as good as Ronaldo because he cost us £2.5million from Watford and he is not living up to your expectation.

£2.5million in today's football money is the same as when we shelled out £150 grand for Dave Kitson in yesterdays footballing cash.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 07 Apr 2016 14:17

While I'm on the subject of inflation in football, has inflation completely passed Reading by? It seems that we are now real small fry.

When we paid out £1million back in the day for Leroy Lita, that was about the going rate at the time for that type of striker. The club were showing really good ambition. A bit like Burnely paying out £9million for Andre Gray this season.
When we payed £650K for Martin Butler, we were showing real ambition and financial muscle and holding our own in the transfer market.

Now in today's football when you look at the £3million Rangers paid for Connor Washington and the £9million for Gray and the £11 million for McCormack and the £11million for Rhodes. Inflation has passed us by. We cannot compete on those terms anymore.

A good League one striker is now £3million. A good Championship striker mid contract is £11 million.
It seems that we are still in the early 2000's period with our budget. Have we been overtaken?

537 posts