TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3689 posts
Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by Mid Sussex Royal » 21 May 2024 10:46

blythspartan Is Jamie Hodder reliable. He’s reporting that we have lost one of the investors and that exclusivity has been extended.

He seems to be pretty ITK - think it was him who tweeted players would be sold in Jan soon after the club had told STAR the opposite.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 May 2024 11:19

rabidbee I’m comfortable that we have the core of a good squad, but I’m also aware it would only take injuries to two or three key players (Wing, Smith, Knibbs) to leave us struggling. Given the business we did last season, despite the turmoil, hopefully we can pick up a handful of players that could strengthen the squad and offer some competition. It would just be really nice to have a season where we’re not on relegation watch.

I actually think only Smith is the key one there. We'd have to adapt our game hard to cope with that. But we do have goals across the team and KelvinE, Wareham etc who look promising.

Wing is a big loss, but Savage seems a ready replacement to me. Whilst Elliott is looking capable of covering Knibbs.

I'd be more worried about an injury in our back line.

Currently the replacement for Mbengue/Bindon is Dean. We've released all 3 of our LBs and I think Abrefa would struggle in prolonged run if Yiadom is out.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 May 2024 11:33

Snowflake Royal
rabidbee I’m comfortable that we have the core of a good squad, but I’m also aware it would only take injuries to two or three key players (Wing, Smith, Knibbs) to leave us struggling. Given the business we did last season, despite the turmoil, hopefully we can pick up a handful of players that could strengthen the squad and offer some competition. It would just be really nice to have a season where we’re not on relegation watch.

I actually think only Smith is the key one there. We'd have to adapt our game hard to cope with that. But we do have goals across the team and KelvinE, Wareham etc who look promising.

Wing is a big loss, but Savage seems a ready replacement to me. Whilst Elliott is looking capable of covering Knibbs.

Currently the replacement for Mbengue/Bindon is Dean. We've released all 3 of our LBs and I think Abrefa would struggle in prolonged run if Yiadom is out.

Dorsett continues/fills in at LB with Ryan the understudy.

CBs are Dean, Mbengue, Bindon, Dorsett, Stickland (if he's not ready this season he never will be).

Reading's top priority amongst the transfer freebies this summer therefore has to be a left back, and preferably one with a bit of experience who isn't nearing their pension.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 May 2024 11:43

Sutekh
Snowflake Royal

Dorsett continues/fills in at LB with Ryan the understudy.

CBs are Dean, Mbengue, Bindon, Dorsett, Stickland (if he's not ready this season he never will be).

Reading's top priority amongst the transfer freebies this summer therefore has to be a left back, and preferably one with a bit of experience who isn't nearing their pension.

Yeah, I know that - although Ryan seems to have been playing RB.

But that's clearly a shallow pool of mostly untested players. And obviously Dorsett can't play LB and CB at the same time.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 21 May 2024 11:51

blythspartan Is Jamie Hodder reliable. He’s reporting that we have lost one of the investors and that exclusivity has been extended.

Is he any relation to Michael Hodder, driver of the Paddington train crash?

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 21 May 2024 14:22

It doesn’t look like the takeover will be happening anytime soon. I really fear for the club tbh. Off to New Zealand for 8 weeks to visit family shortly so I can avoid all this drama. I was going to renew my season ticket but not until the ownership is resolved.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 May 2024 14:37

blythspartan It doesn’t look like the takeover will be happening anytime soon. I really fear for the club tbh. Off to New Zealand for 8 weeks to visit family shortly so I can avoid all this drama. I was going to renew my season ticket but not until the ownership is resolved.

Because of one tweet? Get a grip.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 May 2024 15:19

Everyone would be better off going with the mantra, what happens, happens.

We have zero control on this process now and whilst we all want it done, it will either be done or collapse when it happens - until then, no ITK tweet changes a god damn thing.

Just in the last few days, we've had a usually fairly well sourced reporter saying its done bar ratification and then a tweet saying the new "owners" are looking for another investor as one has pulled out.

The latter doesn't impact the former necessarily, so probably best getting on with life until something gets announced one way or the other.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 21 May 2024 15:36

I'm slightly bemused by this. I get that Chiron is an investment group but I would assume they work with a pool of money and are not at the whim of individual investors, or is that not how sports investment works? Are they just a front?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 21 May 2024 16:16

blythspartan It doesn’t look like the takeover will be happening anytime soon. I really fear for the club tbh. Off to New Zealand for 8 weeks to visit family shortly so I can avoid all this drama. I was going to renew my season ticket but not until the ownership is resolved.

WestYorksRoyal is going to have to up his game after this!!

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 21 May 2024 18:02

Saw the post before seeing the poster but wasn`t at all surprised to see who it was. blimey man, calm down.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 21 May 2024 18:16

Even if true, I doubt it "falls through". If you look at Everton and 777, it has just dragged on and on as they scramble for funding to complete. Similar will happen here but probably on a shorter timescale as the money involved is child's play in comparison.

Dai won't pull the plug due to the secured debt, so the bigger risk is Chiron concluding it's not viable.

So most likely outcomes are an inaccurate rumour, or a complication that takes up a few more weeks but is not fatal. We're still in a better position than a few months.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 May 2024 19:06

windermereROYAL

Saw the post before seeing the poster but wasn`t at all surprised to see who it was. blimey man, calm down.

It's pretty amusing as a follow up to posting a fake tweet about Dai resigning as great news, to being berated for believing anything posted on twitter without question, to denying he does that, to posting up a single twitter rumour and deciding the takeover is oxf*rd.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 21 May 2024 19:28

It's silly season people; as Stranded says, what will be will be.

There is literally feck all we can do to influence what is happening with the ownership, and so - as frustrating as it is - we just need to recognise we are mere passengers on the roller coaster of life.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 May 2024 07:16

No news means plenty of random rumours appearing to fill the space as you can't possibly just have nothing to report. :roll:

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 22 May 2024 15:27

What’s going on with this takeover

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 22 May 2024 15:38

SouthDownsRoyal What’s going on with this takeover

its been put on hold due to the announcement of the general election today

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 22 May 2024 15:41

Brogue
SouthDownsRoyal What’s going on with this takeover

its been put on hold due to the announcement of the general election today

Thanks for the update

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 22 May 2024 16:32

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 22 May 2024 16:52

So if the BBC are right it looks like we are back to square one.

My gut feeling all along is that the Mr Dai will pull out of the deal at the last minute.

3689 posts