The past, present and near future

17 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

The past, present and near future

by andrew1957 » 15 Dec 2010 12:01

By some amazing technology that would take me too long to explain - some transcripts of past and future meetings in Sir John Madejski's office have come into my possession and I am delighted to share them with you.

Meeting 30th July 2010

Sir John – Well Brian you know we have a £4M financial shortfall and so we have to sell Cisse, Henry and Matejovsky and let Rasiak go to help fill the gap.

Brian McD – No problem Sir John. I think we can afford to let them all go. I am building my team around Sigurdsson and he should score at least another 20 goals this year. I am confident of promotion.

Sir John – well done Brian that’s the spirit.

30th August 2010.

Sir John – Well Brain as you know we have a £4M financial shortfall and so the great news is we have an offer for Sigurdsson for £7M. That is fantastic news for you as it means that I can release £250,000 for you to buy new experienced players. You have already said that you are confident of promotion so I don’t see any reason not to be positive.

Brian – err………I thought we had agreed we were building the team round Sigurdsson. He is rather a key payer.

Sir John – well done Brian that’s the spirit – I am looking forward to promotion at the end of the season now that I have made so much money available to you.

Brian – well I am a glass half full man so I will do my best.

30th December 2010.

Sir John – I am a little disappointed I have to say that we are only mid table after I made all that money available to you on the 31st August.

Brian – err …..but we did lose my key player Sigurdsson and it has been hard to replace his goals. Perhaps you could make £2M available for a new striker to boost our promotion chances.

Sir John - Well done Brian that’s the spirit. Good to see you recognize how generous I have been this season. The squad looks great to me and I am sure you can turn things round and get us automatic promotion after all my investment this season.

Brian – well Sir John I am a glass half full man so I will do my best.

Mon 9th May 2011 – meeting Eamonn Dolan and Sir John

Sir John - I just cannot understand how we got relegated this season. I thought we were nailed on to finish in the automatic promotion places after all my investment at the end of August. Brain is to blame I am afraid and he has to carry the can. He was also a very expensive manager as I had to pay him £100,000 per annum!

If I made you manager how can you see a way of meeting the £5M shortfall next season now we are going to be in League 1?

Eamonn – well we have some really good potential under 16’s at the moment. With a bit of work and a few years some of them might make the first team.

Sir John – that’s the spirit Eamonn. Sounds like we are well set for promotion next year after we sell Kebe, McAnuff, Long, Karacan, Pearce, Mills and Church. With a few other players at the end of their contracts as well and with your under 16’s filling the gap everything should turn out nicely. By the way I am going to offer you £50,000 per annum to be our new manager. That should make you one of the best paid managers in League 1.

Eamonn - err ……ok I will do my best.

Sir John – Good - can you send Brain in on your way out?

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: The past, present and near future

by Wycombe Royal » 15 Dec 2010 12:29

FAIL

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 15 Dec 2010 12:33

:| massive :|

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Dec 2010 12:48

Absolutely awful effort.

Maquisard

by Maquisard » 15 Dec 2010 12:53

I laughed... a bit

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 15 Dec 2010 13:37

More laughable than funny.

Beggars belief the number of idiots who don't understrand that when a player has a release clause of £6m, whe are contractually obliged to notify him of a bid of £7m.

But of course, I forgot, although there's no evidence of this, it's a known fact that John Madejski held a gun to Gylfi's head, stuck a pen in his hand and forced him to sign for Hoffenheim.

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 15 Dec 2010 13:43

Enjoyed reading that.Makes a change from endless shane long bashing and statzzzz

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 15 Dec 2010 14:02

From Despair To Where? More laughable than funny.

Beggars belief the number of idiots who don't understrand that when a player has a release clause of £6m, whe are contractually obliged to notify him of a bid of £7m.

But of course, I forgot, although there's no evidence of this, it's a known fact that John Madejski held a gun to Gylfi's head, stuck a pen in his hand and forced him to sign for Hoffenheim.

Sorry Sir John. No offence was intended.

Thomas L'Heureux
Hob Nob Regular

by Thomas L'Heureux » 15 Dec 2010 14:02

Out of interest, why was £7million offered if the release clause was only £6million?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 15 Dec 2010 14:40

I'm really sorry but you are a complete and utter mug!!

Where the hell did you get this version of events from? Have you not heard or bothered to listen to the interview that BBCRB ran with the Sig after he left. The player made it very clear that he didn't want to leave but was persuaded that he needed to do so for his own benefit and the greater benefit of the club. Why would he want to make all of that up? It wasn't as though the fans were after his blood and he needed to say the right thing by them.

Try talking to some of the Sig's former team mates and I suspect you will get a similar version of events. Get McDermott away from the shadow of his chairman and not worried about any potential comeback and I suspect you'd hear similar from him.

And as the great Messiah Madejski was forced (according to you) to sell the Sig, why is he not prepared to reinvest a significant sum of the money (which he wouldn't have had if he hadn't been forced to sell the Sig) in strengthening the squad to make up for the Sig's loss?

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 15 Dec 2010 15:55

lolzapalooza

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Dec 2010 16:11

conspiracy!!!!!!

:roll:

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 16 Dec 2010 18:13

RoyalBlue

Where the hell did you get this version of events from? Have you not heard or bothered to listen to the interview that BBCRB ran with the Sig after he left. The player made it very clear that he didn't want to leave but was persuaded that he needed to do so for his own benefit and the greater benefit of the club. Why would he want to make all of that up? It wasn't as though the fans were after his blood and he needed to say the right thing by them.

Try talking to some of the Sig's former team mates and I suspect you will get a similar version of events. Get McDermott away from the shadow of his chairman and not worried about any potential comeback and I suspect you'd hear similar from him.

And as the great Messiah Madejski was forced (according to you) to sell the Sig, why is he not prepared to reinvest a significant sum of the money (which he wouldn't have had if he hadn't been forced to sell the Sig) in strengthening the squad to make up for the Sig's loss?

Spot on Royal Blue - that is exactly how I see it and why I became so fed up with the lack of ambition.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 16 Dec 2010 18:30

Thomas L'Heureux

Out of interest, why was £7million offered if the release clause was only £6million?

Because Nick(y) Hammond is the best director of football in the history of the universe and he managed to pesuade old Fritz to give us an extra million.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 16 Dec 2010 23:17

RoyalBlue

I base my version on what was reported in a number of sources at the time.

You clearly think that Gylfi did have a gun held to his head then. Or does he not have a mind of his own to make his own decision? Would you have berated him for a lack of ambition if he had turned down a move that was always on the cards. I read it that Gylfi said he would have been very happy to stay if no offers came in, rather than he didn't want to go and was forced out.

I at no point said Madejski was forced to sell Gylfi, but merely pointed out that if we received an offer in excess of the reported clause fee, the club were contractually obliged to inform the player of the offer. To be honest, looking at the club as it stood on August 31st, if I was Gylfi, I would have been on the first plane to Germany.

At the time we had a very pressing need for another left back and centre back cover. We addressed those issues to some extent. I suppose you would have liked the club to spunk a few million on the day on a midfielder or striker? I'd rather we keep our powder dry, spend 3 months scouting targets and spend in January. I will therefore reserve judgement on how we have utilised the £7m on February 1st rather than indulge in conspiracy theories in advance.

prostak
Hob Nob Regular

by prostak » 16 Dec 2010 23:31

Wow. On proficiency terms, that's on a par with the poems old dears send into the Daily Mail letters page. These 'comedy' posts are my favourite Team Board element.

Sir Dodger Royal
Location: Cyberspace - pulling the strings. You know it makes sense.

by Sir Dodger Royal » 17 Dec 2010 13:48

What you meant to say is that we will spend 'tuppence' in January and not a penny more. Donut is already making excuses on the official site regarding the rediculous prices being asked for players. However RFC were happy to take a rediculous oprice for Sigi and then spend tuppence, on over aged, slow past it players who have added little value to our performances, which are now in decline.

Donut is a yes man muppet and no more. He spouts more bo**oc*s than Rodgers. Time to cut out the Madman's PR and get some bloody results.

If not then bugger off, as basically you are scout and little more as results are showing. Even Sir Dodger Royal could have had a purple patch like what happened to the Royals last season.

Real Facts Real World. You know it makes sense. The rot continuessssssssss

17 posts   •   Page 1 of 1