Long to WBA

1376 posts
Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

Re: RUMOUR - Shane Long to West Ham

by Handsome Man » 26 Jul 2011 17:55

West Ham have the parachute payments, a desparte need to get back in the Prem, and a wages tructure which has had the likes of Dyer, Lucas Neil and Upson on squillions a year. If I were Long, I would take their money.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 26 Jul 2011 17:57

brendywendy
Hoop Blah
brendywendy he wont go to west ham

shirley?

You don't seem quite so sure as you did earlier in the day bendy?

Were you saying the same about Mills leaving us for another Championship team before it happened (genuine question)?

obsessed!

what did i say earlier in the day?

dunno, i cant remember what i said about long earlier today, what chance do i have remembering something i wtrote on here about mills a month ago?

Something like this

brendywendy there is a difference in attitude between the two players imo, that would mean shane wouldnt go elsewhere in the championship

Just seemed like a change in tone or attitude from you that's all. I appreciate you change with the wind but I assumed that you have a little more courage behind your convictions, especially when your so quick to brand everyone else as negative doom mongers if they dare suggest anything you perceive as negative.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 26 Jul 2011 18:27

This is becoming increasingly 'do or die' for West Ham with the signings they're making and attempting to make despite being relegated and at least £80m in debt. And despite their signings I still can't see them as any where close to favourites for promotion...

Only way is down for them in my eyes.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 26 Jul 2011 18:30

Would be very interested in BMcD's reaction if mad JM and the Hammer sell him to West Ham, I seem to recall that he said that wouldn't be sold to another Championship side, could be an interesting couple of days if he is ??

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 26 Jul 2011 18:32

howser Would be very interested in BMcD's reaction if mad JM and the Hammer sell him to West Ham, I seem to recall that he said that wouldn't be sold to another Championship side, could be an interesting couple of days if he is ??

I think he'd be more upset with Long for choosing to sign for another Championship side than with SJM for accepting a decent bid.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 26 Jul 2011 18:34

But by accepting a bid and letting him talk to them they are saying " go get it son"

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 26 Jul 2011 18:39

howser But by accepting a bid and letting him talk to them they are saying " go get it son"

Not if it's over his contractual amount where are obligied to give him the choice.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 26 Jul 2011 18:41

Maybe, but I still think McDermott would feel let down if Long went to West am, him saying Long would only go to a Prem team felt like that was something Long had said to him.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 26 Jul 2011 18:41

What is his contract release amount ??? anyone..............

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 26 Jul 2011 18:42

48 million euros

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Jul 2011 19:50

howser What is his contract release amount ??? anyone..............

subject of much debate and little actual knowledge.

royalsroyalsroyals92

by royalsroyalsroyals92 » 26 Jul 2011 20:42

doubt shane would even leave for west ham... wants to play in the prem or for reading by all accounts

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 26 Jul 2011 23:28

Sam Allardyce just been on SSN confirming they have bid and waiting for an update from the Chairman in the morning. Very keen for him to sign, but doesn't want to say too much (!)

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 27 Jul 2011 01:09

Latest rumour is Liverpool had scouts watching Long against Northampton on Saturday.

Maybe they could buy him and then loan him straight back to us for the season.

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 27 Jul 2011 09:38

Sidwell to Chelsea = Long to Liverpool. One season of occasionally making the bench and some Carling Cup cameos before going to sign for the club he should have signed for in the first place.......... Would be hard to say no to, but Suarez, Carroll, and even Ngog (possibly?!) > Shane Long

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 27 Jul 2011 09:39

The Prisoner Sidwell to Chelsea = Long to Liverpool. One season of occasionally making the bench and some Carling Cup cameos before going to sign for the club he should have signed for in the first place.......... Would be hard to say no to, but Suarez, Carroll, and even Ngog (possibly?!) > Shane Long

Only Suarez is better than him...

EDIT: and Kuyt

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 27 Jul 2011 10:24

And Carroll.

Long to Liverpool would surprise me, but then so did Sidwell's move to Chelsea.

I hope Long doesn't get left with a choice of us or West Ham. As much as I still don't think he's as good as he's been made out to be I think it would taint his time with us if, like Mills, he ended up going to a Championship side. There can't be much doubt that West Ham would offer him a better package than we will and it would be hard for him to turn that down.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 27 Jul 2011 10:37

The Prisoner Sidwell to Chelsea = Long to Liverpool. One season of occasionally making the bench and some Carling Cup cameos before going to sign for the club he should have signed for in the first place.......... Would be hard to say no to, but Suarez, Carroll, and even Ngog (possibly?!) > Shane Long

But Sidwell didn't cost Chelsea anything.........i cant see Liverpool paying £8m for someone they would never play

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 27 Jul 2011 10:47

Hoop Blah And Carroll.

Long to Liverpool would surprise me, but then so did Sidwell's move to Chelsea.

I hope Long doesn't get left with a choice of us or West Ham. As much as I still don't think he's as good as he's been made out to be I think it would taint his time with us if, like Mills, he ended up going to a Championship side. There can't be much doubt that West Ham would offer him a better package than we will and it would be hard for him to turn that down.

I'm going to be unusually bullish about this. There is no way on this planet Long will go to West Ham, whatever package they might offer him.

He likes Reading. He wants to play in the PL. If no PL club come in for him just yet he will get his head down, show what he can do, and wait for the right offer from a PL club which will surely come if he maintains anything like his form of the last 5 months of 2010/11.

(Floyd will be hoping he goes now, just so he can quote this post for the next 5 years!)

Cypry

by Cypry » 27 Jul 2011 10:55

Got to say, his reaction last night to a shout of "Shane, don't go to West Ham it's a shit club!" was reassuring - he had a right old chuckle at that - gives me confidence that he won't go there.....

1376 posts