GONE - Michail Antonio to Sheffield Wednesday

342 posts
bennno

Re: RUMOUR - Michail Antonio to Sheffield Wednesday

by bennno » 14 Jul 2012 18:35

He was superb today, headed in a decent goal and then set Church up. He had another go where he almost skinned half of the wimbledon team but his finish was a bit wide.

He was much more impressive than McCleary today, who didn't deliver much of any note......

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 14 Jul 2012 19:51

After today's performance, we should keep him and send him out on loan. Lots of potential today. Better than McCleary but against a lower standard side on the second half. He won't get a start this coming year as behind Kebe and GM but maybe in the future he would beat both of them.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 14 Jul 2012 20:36

He was a lot better today than previous times I'd seen him. He took his goal well and had pace and power, he also seems to have discovered how to control the ball rather than the random way he used to bundle along.

It'll be a shame if he goes.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 14 Jul 2012 20:43

Seems Antonio's partner is meant to be going to Sheffield Uni to study Law...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Jul 2012 22:35

We already know he can play very well against opposition below Championship level. I don't see how today told us anything we didn't already know.

TheLawnMowerMan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by TheLawnMowerMan » 14 Jul 2012 23:30

TheSiege With the sales of Antonio and Manset, we add almost £1M to our transfer budget - We would benefit from a really good player Who should that be? See the 25th player thread.
>

Pity Fool.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 15 Jul 2012 10:52

TheSiege With the sales of Antonio and Manset, we add almost £1M to our transfer budget - We would benefit from a really good player Who should that be? See the 25th player thread.
>

1. Stop making things up
2. Your ridiculous thread no longer exists
3. Read some of what others have been posting for the last few months before you open your cake hole.

or

Just leave.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 15 Jul 2012 10:57

Friday's Legacy Seems Antonio's partner

Ghey

Basildon

by Basildon » 15 Jul 2012 11:37

Not too happy about this if it happens, but its probably the right move for Antonio. Won't be given a chance with us this season behind Jimmy and McCleary.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 15 Jul 2012 11:57

I think he could end up being a decent bottom half prem player, needs to leave for regular football though.

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 15 Jul 2012 12:19

Simon's Church I think he could end up being a decent bottom half prem player, needs to leave for regular football though.

so the same situation as church then?

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 15 Jul 2012 12:47

Ship him out, was not consistant enough for the Championship let alone the Premier League. And we have four other wingers plus Obita

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 15 Jul 2012 14:11

LoyalRoyal22 Ship him out, was not consistant enough for the Championship let alone the Premier League. And we have four other wingers plus Obita

Bit like Kebe then? This guy has so much potential and I can't believe he gets written off by everyone after a 45 minute cameo here and there.

Basildon

by Basildon » 15 Jul 2012 14:39

blueroyals
LoyalRoyal22 Ship him out, was not consistant enough for the Championship let alone the Premier League. And we have four other wingers plus Obita

Bit like Kebe then? This guy has so much potential and I can't believe he gets written off by everyone after a 45 minute cameo here and there.

This. How can you say he's not been consistent in the championship? Correct me if im wrong but i dont remember him ever being given more than 2 games in a row?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Jul 2012 14:43

Basildon
blueroyals

This. How can you say he's not been consistent in the championship? Correct me if im wrong but i dont remember him ever being given more than 2 games in a row?

Because he wasn't any good in any of his starts and we had far better players ahead of him. Potential is nice, but it don't get you shit in the here and now, which is where we are. If we hadn't gone up, we may well have lost Kebe (certainly without TSI) he may then have got his chance to prove himself one way or the other.

We went up, we've outgrown his development. Best for all parties for him to move on and do well elsewhere. No point for us or him in having him knocking around our reserves doing nothing this season, because he isn't good enough for the Premier League yet by any stretch of the imagination.

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 15 Jul 2012 14:58

"• The club have another offer in place for one more player, which would probably be the end of our inward business for the summer."

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 15 Jul 2012 15:12

He's shown from his loan spells that he's a player that needs to be playing regularly to be at his best and he won't be getting that at Reading next season unless we have a major injury crisis. It's another Simon Cox situation in that we can't just hold onto players on the off chance we need him in the future. Reading have a great reputation of doing right by the player and holding onto him when he wants to play regular football wouldn't make a lot of sense.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 15 Jul 2012 20:16

Ian he started how many games? Oh and I won't even get into the debate of how many of them you actually saw?

He was under so much pressure with his starts knowing full well he was going to be bombed out once Kebe fit etc. Put him in steady side with a guaranteed start the the fella delivered. No argument about that.

We then move onto yesterday and he was head and shoulders above Mcleary and pretty much everyone else in that team yesterday. Based on your logic still bomb him out?

I have a horrible feelIng we will regret decision in letting him go and struggle to see how Robson Kanu would remain at the club over Antonio.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Jul 2012 20:35

paultheroyal Ian he started how many games? Oh and I won't even get into the debate of how many of them you actually saw?

He was under so much pressure with his starts knowing full well he was going to be bombed out once Kebe fit etc. Put him in steady side with a guaranteed start the the fella delivered. No argument about that.

We then move onto yesterday and he was head and shoulders above Mcleary and pretty much everyone else in that team yesterday. Based on your logic still bomb him out?

I have a horrible feelIng we will regret decision in letting him go and struggle to see how Robson Kanu would remain at the club over Antonio.

6 in the last two seasons, 4 in the league, 2 in the cup. I saw 2 league games live, and another on Reading Player. So 3/4s of his Championships starts for Reading. And he was crap in them.

Put him in a steady side with a guaranteed start at League One level and the fella delivered. I put absolutely no importance on the first pre-season kickabout against a ropey League Two side. Well done for judging McCleary on one 45 minute performance, despite him being a Championship club player of the season.

HRK will remain at the club, because he is clearly considered by the management (who know a shit load more than you or I) to be significantly better for the first team than Antonio. Hence why HRK has 35 league starts with Reading, to Antonio's 4.

I'm sure Antonio will do fine at Wednesday. I doubt very much that anyone with any degree of perspective will rue the day we sold him. Even if in a season or three he would be worthy of a place in our first team.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 16 Jul 2012 13:29

We could loan him out to Sheffield Wednesday again next season? They will struggle I feel, and it will be a test of his attributes how he deals with it

342 posts