SIGNED - Pavel Pogrebnyak

1333 posts
Bumblebee

Re: RUMOUR - Pavel Pogrebnyak

by Bumblebee » 27 Jun 2012 12:56

Ian Royal
Yorkshire Royal
Ian Royal No, sensible ones based on something are welcome for consideration.

Let's just wait and see shall we?

That wasn't aimed at you btw.

8)

robinsfriday

by robinsfriday » 27 Jun 2012 12:57

Elm Park Pasty I still reckon the kit could be an influence here. Rumours circulated umpteen pages back that he had been pictured with a new shirt. As the new kit has not been released yet, I reckon it will be a double reveal, or even treble if we are lucky!!!

Wishful thinking.

Bumblebee

by Bumblebee » 27 Jun 2012 13:00

robinsfriday
Elm Park Pasty I still reckon the kit could be an influence here. Rumours circulated umpteen pages back that he had been pictured with a new shirt. As the new kit has not been released yet, I reckon it will be a double reveal, or even treble if we are lucky!!!

Wishful thinking.

Why? It seems perfectly reasonably to reveal the Pog, the new shirt and the new shorts at the same time.

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 27 Jun 2012 13:04

Well done, we're now halfway towards the Tommy Smith thread....

Blakey's Right Peg

by Blakey's Right Peg » 27 Jun 2012 13:06

FL speculating on twitter it is something to do with his time at Fulham, anyone know if he was particularly injury prone during his spell there?

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 27 Jun 2012 13:08

robinsfriday

Wishful thinking.

Why not try to be positive? Whether Fordham or others are to believed, where is the value in continuing an application for a work visa if it is no longer required? You could just antagonise the DWP so the next time you actually want one they drag their feet.

However, if an injury has been highlighted I would probably think lucky escape and move on, although of course there will be disappointment (as long as he doesn't do a BWP on us!!!)

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 27 Jun 2012 13:12

Blakey's Right Peg FL speculating on twitter it is something to do with his time at Fulham, anyone know if he was particularly injury prone during his spell there?

Will his contract have officially ran out there yet?

Blakey's Right Peg

by Blakey's Right Peg » 27 Jun 2012 13:14

ZacNaloen
Blakey's Right Peg FL speculating on twitter it is something to do with his time at Fulham, anyone know if he was particularly injury prone during his spell there?

His existing contract apparently runs until the end of June. Forgive my ignorance, but is that contract with Fulham or Stuttgart?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 27 Jun 2012 13:15

ZacNaloen

Expires 31 June, according to Wiki. Which is helpful, as there's only 30 days in June.

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 27 Jun 2012 13:47

He was injured during his brief spell with the Cottagers but only missed a handful of games, maybe 3 or 4.

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 27 Jun 2012 13:57

M Brook

He was injured during his brief spell with the Cottagers but only missed a handful of games, maybe 3 or 4.

He was injured against Norwich, ankle, but there was a reference to whether Fulham thought this had affected a previous injury. I would wonder though if FFC were that worried if they still wanted to sign him?

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 27 Jun 2012 14:19

mr_number So the work permit meeting is proposed to be next week. :|

Yes that's correct, there is apparently a meeting next week where this should be finalised and issued. Therefore expect no press conferences until this time next week at least...

There is therefore nothing else to say on this subject until said permit is issued or withheld.

moonwalklikebas

by moonwalklikebas » 27 Jun 2012 14:28

Barry the bird boggler

Yes that's correct, there is apparently a meeting next week where this should be finalised and issued. Therefore expect no press conferences until this time next week at least...

There is therefore nothing else to say on this subject until said permit is issued or withheld.

BOOM!

End of discussion

Meeting adjourned until Monday.

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 27 Jun 2012 14:44

moonwalklikebas
Barry the bird boggler

BOOM!

End of discussion

Meeting adjourned until Monday.

i think the permit has already gone through theyre just waiting to announce it with the shirt. that makes the most sense in this case. maybe we will announce the new shirt pog and the sig! :D

Absent Dad

by Absent Dad » 27 Jun 2012 15:05

Clever username - loyal and royal rhyme :D

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 27 Jun 2012 15:07

Yes shirt will be launched on a flying pig over the VladStad!

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 27 Jun 2012 15:31

He still has a valid work permit until next Monday anyway.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 27 Jun 2012 15:48

To be honest I don't get this at all. Many players are signed and had that signing announced "pending a work permit being granted". It is a no-brainer that it will be granted in cases like these 99% of the time. If he did sign wouldn't it help recruit other players if we announced it rather than waiting for him to be a model for the new kit? Wouldn't we like to show real intent by announcing the signing rather claiming we have intent with the players we are being linked to? Meanwhile other players are deciding where they will play next year, judging potential new teams by their potential strength next season based on their signings, while we seem to be playing spy vs. spy trying to keep our yet to be announced big signing secret.

And I hope beyond hope that the rumors that we were going after Keith Andrews didn't have an ounce of fact to them seeing if they were true we couldn't outbid a Championship side for him.

robinsfriday

by robinsfriday » 27 Jun 2012 16:02

Libertine To be honest I don't get this at all. Many players are signed and had that signing announced "pending a work permit being granted". It is a no-brainer that it will be granted in cases like these 99% of the time. If he did sign wouldn't it help recruit other players if we announced it rather than waiting for him to be a model for the new kit? Wouldn't we like to show real intent by announcing the signing rather claiming we have intent with the players we are being linked to? Meanwhile other players are deciding where they will play next year, judging potential new teams by their potential strength next season based on their signings, while we seem to be playing spy vs. spy trying to keep our yet to be announced big signing secret.

And I hope beyond hope that the rumors that we were going after Keith Andrews didn't have an ounce of fact to them seeing if they were true we couldn't outbid a Championship side for him.

We didn't go for Keith Andrews. Championship quality for sure but we need more than that in order to strengthen. Like for like isn't what we're after. June is always fairly quiet on the transfer front, especially so this year due to the Euros. Give it time. BM will reassess the squad come pre-season (next week) and the wheels so to speak will begin to turn at a quicker pace.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 27 Jun 2012 16:03

I fully expect some fringe players to start leaving next month, which should lead to spaces in our already rather hefty squad to start appearing for new signings.

1333 posts