BFTG -Crawley

310 posts
Ginger Ninjas

BFTG -Crawley

by Ginger Ninjas » 05 Jan 2013 18:41

Into round 4, but not a hugely impressive performance. Scored the goals at important times to kill Crawley's impetus. McCleary was impressive and both strikers did well; the less said about Harte and, to a lesser extent, Cummings the better. Nice little ground to visit, although running out of food in the beer tent was a bit annoying!

SHORT AND CURLY

Back from the game near Gatwick

by SHORT AND CURLY » 05 Jan 2013 18:45

Despite the dodgy start quite comfortable in the end on a dodgy pitch. Hunt and Alf lively Pearce and Morrison sound. Had one penalty and should have had another when Cummins was pole axed and got booked for diving :o

For those that went to Stevenage a few years back the ground is very similar bar the terraces.

Big LOL at Reading fans swinging punches at each other WTF was going on today :o

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Re: BFTG -Crawley

by winchester_royal » 05 Jan 2013 18:46

Decent game and atmosphere, nasty tie on a shitty pitch so a relief to come through it.

The fighting down the front during the first half was pretty lolz, and made up for the dross that was being played on the pitch at the time.

New guy looked decent during the warm up.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 05 Jan 2013 18:46

Harte was woeful, and Guthrie also poor when he came on.

The pitch was a shocker too. It looked like water kicking up every time the ball was kicked, but it was sand; and the ball bobbled all over the place. Anyone else see how much that ball swayed in the air? Jesus! One long ball right down our throats I could see it went to the left, right, left and back to the right before it came down to chest height!

Agree McCleary was very good. I like him. Great feet, good pace and nobody likes to defend against that. Tabby did well too. No-one else really stood out for me (for the right reasons).

MoTM - McCleary.

Lovely little ground. Shame the noise generated doesn't carry across the stadium.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 05 Jan 2013 18:48

SPARTA Harte was woeful, and Guthrie also poor when he came on.

The pitch was a shocker too. It looked like water kicking up every time the ball was kicked, but it was sand; and the ball bobbled all over the place. Anyone else see how much that ball swayed in the air? Jesus! One long ball right down our throats I could see it went to the left, right, left and back to the right before it came down to chest height!

Agree McCleary was very good. I like him. Great feet, good pace and nobody likes to defend against that. Tabby did well too. No-one else really stood out for me (for the right reasons).

MoTM - McCleary.

Lovely little ground. Shame the noise generated doesn't carry across the stadium.

Wrong.

Played some excellent passes and was the only player in blue and white that looked like a premiership player today.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 05 Jan 2013 18:51

winchester_royal
SPARTA Harte was woeful, and Guthrie also poor when he came on.

MoTM - McCleary.

Wrong.

Played some excellent passes and was the only player in blue and white that looked like a premiership player today.

Not wrong. A player of his ability should have kept the ball better and not given it away so easily (twice with outside of the foot passes). It was average at the very best, but I'll stick with poor.

What happened with the fans fighting each other? Separate incidents, but we had three kicked out today!

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 05 Jan 2013 18:53

SPARTA
What happened with the fans fighting each other? Separate incidents, but we had three kicked out today!

old Wheelz v TTC beef

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 05 Jan 2013 18:53

So presumably you thought Morrison was poor too?

Ginger Ninjas

by Ginger Ninjas » 05 Jan 2013 18:56

Morrison's hoofing was pretty frustrating. I thought Guthrie was ok when he came on, tried some nice passes but pretty low success rate

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 05 Jan 2013 19:00

winchester_royal So presumably you thought Morrison was poor too?

Morrison is a defender and he defended well, but his his passing was off a couple of times with those aimless long-balls. His main responsibility is to defend, which he did, and he did it well. Passing is supposed to be Guthrie's forte, and he was careless on a number of occasions. It's an opinion. "We move on".

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 05 Jan 2013 19:02

SPARTA

Morrison is a defender and he defended well, but his his passing was off a couple of times with those aimless long-balls. His main responsibility is to defend, which he did, and he did it well. Passing is supposed to be Guthrie's forte, and he was careless on a number of occasions. It's an opinion. "We move on".

So Morrison's passing was off 'a couple' of times, and Guthrie gave it away 'a number' of times? :|

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 05 Jan 2013 19:04

Ginger Ninjas Morrison's hoofing was pretty frustrating. I thought Guthrie was ok when he came on, tried some nice passes but pretty low success rate

Agreed, but at least he tried to put his foot on it and pick out a pass. We allowed Crawley to rush us far too easily today, and it was only really because of the pace of McCleary that we were able to emerge victorious.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 05 Jan 2013 19:10

A minority of our fans were a disgrace today. Made me so angry. Such snippets include...

Racist shouting at the steward (despite him carry out his duties)
Hillsborough / Liverpool chanting when trying to get into the ground
Calling Guthrie a oxf*rd when warming up
Young lad ugwu warming up to the shouts of "who the oxf*rd are you"
And then to top it off... Ripping up the advertising hoarding and chucking it into your own fans. Hitting a gentleman square on the forehead and cutting him. Total mongs and yes I know some of you are nobbers!
Fans getting kicked out at a club like Crawley - embarrassing. Might of even been scrapping amongst ourselves.

Oh no, forgot, it was for the LOLS! (accept its the minority but bloody hell your embarrassing and grown men too)

As for the game, apart from the first 15 mins I thought we did ok and job done!

Aldershot next please!

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 05 Jan 2013 19:10

A good win after going one down after 14 seconds on a difficult pitch.

McLeary, Le Fondre and Hunt all did well up front.

I would like to see a replay of penalty decision again as I thought the defender got the ball, that said, Cummings was decked inside the box and booked for diving,

A Home tie in the next round please.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 05 Jan 2013 19:12

paultheroyal A minority of our fans were a disgrace today. Made me so angry. Such snippets include...

And then to top it off... Ripping up the advertising hoarding and chucking it into your own fans. Hitting a gentleman square on the forehead and cutting him. Total mongs and yes I know some of you are nobbers!
Fans getting kicked out at a club like Crawley - embarrassing. Might of even been scrapping amongst ourselves.

Oh no, forgot, it was for the LOLS! (accept its the minority but bloody hell your embarrassing and grown men too)

As for the game, apart from the first 15 mins I thought we did ok and job done!

Aldershot next please!

Looked like more than just scrapping.

Think a few of them got a little over-excited after that.

Mr.T10

by Mr.T10 » 05 Jan 2013 19:14

Enjoyed being back on the terraces, great sound from our fans. Liked Crawley, close, free parking (advertising it) and got a good setup.

We got the job done, we didn't panic when we went down 1-0 and we just kept plugging away. Could have made the score more flattering if we were that more clinical.

Good performances from most of the team. Cummings was ok and Harte, well he didn't have the best of days against (again) a very fast tricky winger, anyone know his name? Was impressed by him whoever he was.

Tabb and Karacan played well, 4-5-1 resumed for WBA and maybe we can rest legs' even longer :D

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 05 Jan 2013 19:18

paultheroyal A minority of our fans were a disgrace today. Made me so angry. Such snippets include...

what a f11cking shame.....we are still sooo dick-head pack mentality 1970's given the chance

Not a good thing for the "safe standing" campaigners

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 05 Jan 2013 19:19

Mr.T10 wrote: Cummings was ok and Harte, well he didn't have the best of days against (again) a very fast tricky winger, anyone know his name? Was impressed by him whoever he was.

That was their number 16 ADAMS who scored the Crawley goal.

Stood the ball up well when he got passed Harte.

Mr.T10

by Mr.T10 » 05 Jan 2013 19:29

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Mr.T10 wrote: Cummings was ok and Harte, well he didn't have the best of days against (again) a very fast tricky winger, anyone know his name? Was impressed by him whoever he was.

That was their number 16 ADAMS who scored the Crawley goal.

Stood the ball up well when he got passed Harte.

Cheers, good cross on him and pretty good shot.

Harte just didn't have an answer to him. HRK is not one for defending so didn't give him much help but to be honest it frustrates me when we have to have McAnuff helping him as it means he can't do his job.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 05 Jan 2013 19:29

winchester_royal
SPARTA

So Morrison's passing was off 'a couple' of times, and Guthrie gave it away 'a number' of times? :|

Defending is Morrison's main responsibility, and he did it well today. His passing was poor though. Guthrie's main responsibility is passing the ball... and he was careless on a number of occasions by trying to be too flash with the outside of his foot.

310 posts