BFTG - Leeds

261 posts
CayeneMatt

BFTG - Leeds

by CayeneMatt » 18 Sep 2013 22:49

Gutted, left with 3 to go to get out the car park and missed the goal. Last time I left early was West Brom last year .....

Good atmosphere guaranteed with Leeds.

Thought we were the better team but still ineffective in the final 3rd. Leeds weren't great although Varney looked dangerous first half and gave Morro a few issues.

Blackman - Useless. He must have some piccies of NA in suspenders. No other reason for his inclusion.
Back 4 - Good I thought.
Guthrie - The engine room, always looking for the ball. If his shoulder keeps him out, we're in trouble.
Drenthe - Lost count the number of times he tripped over the ball. At least he lasted the full 90....
Williams - OK, solid
Akpan - Embarrassing. Shat himself everytime he needed to tackle.
Karacan - Looked bad. Very bad.

We needed that result. On to Derby.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG - Leeds

by Mike Hunt » 18 Sep 2013 22:52

CayeneMatt Gutted, left with 3 to go to get out the car park and missed the goal. Last time I left early was West Brom last year .....

Good atmosphere guaranteed with Leeds.

Thought we were the better team but still ineffective in the final 3rd. Leeds weren't great although Varney looked dangerous first half and gave Morro a few issues.

Blackman - Useless. He must have some piccies of NA in suspenders. No other reason for his inclusion.
Back 4 - Good I thought.
Guthrie - The engine room, always looking for the ball. If his shoulder keeps him out, we're in trouble.
Drenthe - Lost count the number of times he tripped over the ball. At least he lasted the full 90....
Williams - OK, solid
Akpan - Embarrassing. Shat himself everytime he needed to tackle.
Karacan - Looked bad. Very bad.

We needed that result. On to Derby.

Even though it is late on a Wednesday night, I have no sympathy for you.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 18 Sep 2013 22:53

What was karacan injury.?

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 18 Sep 2013 22:55

ManchesterRoyals What was karacan injury.?

looked like he picked up a bad one in a early tackle , stretchered off, what is it with Leeds and Jem?

Colin Cheeselog

by Colin Cheeselog » 18 Sep 2013 22:56

For 95 minutes it was the worst game I've seen in many years. We were very lucky that Leeds were also appalling, a decent team would have thrashed us.

Nick Blackman is not a footballer.

That is all.

CayeneMatt

by CayeneMatt » 18 Sep 2013 22:56

From in the ground dunno, not sure what was said on the radio. Looked very bad - knee ligaments at a guess. Although his left leg appeared to be in a splint on the stretcher so it could be another break.

DaveBanana

by DaveBanana » 18 Sep 2013 22:57

Sounds serious, think Adkins has said it's a bad'n. Think he did it to himself, twisted knee in the ground?

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 18 Sep 2013 22:57

CayeneMatt Gutted, left with 3 to go to get out the car park and missed the goal.

But at least you got out of the car park quickly...

I had to sit in the traffic with only the memory of the goal to think about :(

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 18 Sep 2013 22:59

windermere_royal

looked like he picked up a bad one in a early tackle , stretchered off, what is it with Leeds and Jem?

Cheers dont look good for him then :cry:

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 18 Sep 2013 23:02

SLAMMED
CayeneMatt Gutted, left with 3 to go to get out the car park and missed the goal.

:lol: :lol:

Epic scenes! Last time I enjoyed a last kick of the game goal so much was when Ipswich went 0-1 in injury time and we scored from the restart.

Leeds fans faces went as white as their replica shirts :D :D :D

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 18 Sep 2013 23:03

Cureton's Volley
SLAMMED

:lol: :lol:

Epic scenes! Last time I enjoyed a last kick of the game goal so much was when Ipswich went 0-1 in injury time and we scored from the restart.

Leeds fans faces went as white as their replica shirts :D :D :D

Quality :D

CayeneMatt

by CayeneMatt » 18 Sep 2013 23:04

DaveBanana Sounds serious, think Adkins has said it's a bad'n. Think he did it to himself, twisted knee in the ground?

He went through McCormack (I think) and probably would've got a booking, but by the way he was thumping the ground you could see it was bad. Our first reaction was 'Season over'.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 18 Sep 2013 23:05

Kind of game where both teams didnt deserve to win but we got the luck we so need right now. Played better than vs Brighton.

That is the back 5 I would stick with. Would go with kanu and alf up top mcleary
On wing.

Akpan looked scared, afraid to put a challenge in and bottled it in the middle, if he is who we plan to rely on with Karacan out then that could be a big problem.

Guthrie was MOM, yes some passes went wayward ( you will get that with him) but I thought he bossed the middle of the park!!

CayeneMatt

by CayeneMatt » 18 Sep 2013 23:06

Colin Cheeselog For 95 minutes it was the worst game I've seen in many years. We were very lucky that Leeds were also appalling, a decent team would have thrashed us.

That is all.

You didn't see the Brighton game? Agree on Blackman.

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 18 Sep 2013 23:08

Hate to say it but I thought Pearce was MOM.

Blackman and Akpan should be back whence they came - League 1.
Back 5 is our bets back 5 I think, Kelly is better than Gunter in all aspects, defensively, going forward, with the ball
Thought it was much better than Brighton, we created several chances this time, and Morrison should really have had a hat trick.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 18 Sep 2013 23:08

We seriously miss Jobi. I know a lot of dickmumps slated him last season for missplacing crosses, but he finished the season our top assister; at least he put crosses in the box.

No width, no strikers, no creativity and no money by the sound of things.

Three points and a clean sheet will be ample spin for the club, though. Don't think we will be as lucky in other games though and something isn't right both on the pitch and off it.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 18 Sep 2013 23:08

Surely people should have learned by now not to leave early?

So many of my favourite moments supporting this club have come in added time. You're essentially paying in hope of seeing something memorable, and you're most likely to see something really memorable in the final minutes. So why leave early?

Anyway, Blackman looked poor, and HRK only looked good when he got to run at goal- I don't think playing as a striker gives him those opportunities. Guthrie was excellent. Bridge looks good.

A midfield two of Akpan and Williams fills me with dread. I'd like to see us draft in Tshibola AND Tanner in the event that Guthrie's injury keeps him out. We needs more creativity in the final third (haven't we always?) as well as more support for the striker, and I think Tanner could provide both.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 18 Sep 2013 23:09

CayeneMatt
Colin Cheeselog For 95 minutes it was the worst game I've seen in many years. We were very lucky that Leeds were also appalling, a decent team would have thrashed us.

That is all.

You didn't see the Brighton game? Agree on Blackman.

Yeovil game was the worst of all three, surely?

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 18 Sep 2013 23:09

That is all.

What? Do you actually go to games - I don't mean that sarcastically.

But Brighton was 100x worse and so too was Yeovil.

RFC played well it bought but lacked any strong end product on the whole. I think we dominated large amounts of the game. It as probably the best performance I've seen this season - with exception of us vs Watford

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 18 Sep 2013 23:10

From the radio it sounded like Blackman had a few chances and seemed to be pacey and get himself in the right place a few times?

He can't have been *that* bad surely?

261 posts