BFTG - Burnley

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG - Burnley

by MmmMonsterMunch » 06 Oct 2013 18:57

Nope the fans were great yesterday. Sang blue army without a gap for at least 25 mins 2nd half.

Just need to get it going at home now!

taipeiroyal

by taipeiroyal » 06 Oct 2013 18:57

Will95 The three subs didn't really make a difference, positively or negatively.

The atmosphere from the Burnley fans was virtually non existent

It seemed to me that for the first half, the team were told to sit back and soak up pressure because we created almost nothing and the game was dull as dishwater.
Morrisson could not deliver the ball to save his life. the best player in my opinion was Guthrie who was everywhere in the midfield. Burnley ran at our defence creating chances which we did not attempt to do at all until the substitutions were made. The game changed completely after that and became quite exciting as we started, finally, to threaten. The crowd volume increased noticeably from the Burnley supporters as the game became more end to end. Why on earth we did nothing in the first half with just the Pog up front is beyond me. I think we have the team, but the tactics were wrong. Good second half support from the Reading fans...but not many of us there.

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 06 Oct 2013 19:01

Thought I was gonna throw up after that blue army, was brilliant.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 06 Oct 2013 19:15

Four Of Clubs
MeMeMe ..... I watched Liverpool v Palace.... Mariappa was skinned by Suarez many times, Kebe was anonymous and did next to nothing, both, I think, were subbed at half time. We did well to sell.

...hmmm slightly iffy observational skillz there MMM :?

- FTR Mapps played the whole 90+' (Jimmy and Jerome came off at HT, as Holloway abandoned his over adventurous 4-3-3) - and the on-line Beeb report and their 'as it happened' text commentary gives Jimmy several mentions - including providing 2 of Palaces 'chances' in the first half as well as an assist for another near miss - hardly anon?

... scuttles back to GF - probably where this post shd have been...... :)

Well said four of clubs. Why do our supporters always try to trash our ex players? Mapps was our best defender in the prem and Jimmy has been a legend. I wish them both luck with Palace

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 07 Oct 2013 11:19

MmmMonsterMunch
The fans were great today though. Blue army sang continually for a good 30 mins 2nd half and they never stopped singing throughout.

30 minutes is probably a bit of an exaggeration.. Thought it was more like 20 tbf.

Would like to agree with you regarding our fans, but I can't. When they scored the first everyone turned. No more were there encouragements, just groans and frustrations. Especially the stupid bint behind me who complained every time Jobi got the ball, and yes I hope you heard my comment that you should go back to watching netball you wotsit.

Second half we obviously decided to support the team, but think it sounded louder than we actually were.

Anyway, we didn't wake up in the first half. Our attempt at playing 4 1 4 1 didn't work. Obita looked to lightweight for centre midfield.

Also why do our wingers hate hitting the byline????? The one time we do it? We scored.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 07 Oct 2013 11:33

LWJ you wotsit.

:lol:

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 07 Oct 2013 11:43

MmmMonsterMunch Nope the fans were great yesterday. Sang blue army without a gap for at least 25 mins 2nd half.

How about saving it for inside the stadium instead?

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 07 Oct 2013 11:53

genome
LWJ you wotsit.

:lol:

Just to explain.. she likes her fake tan.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 07 Oct 2013 12:18

MmmMonsterMunch Nope the fans were great yesterday. Sang blue army without a gap for at least 25 mins 2nd half.

No chance, too many plastics at home

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 07 Oct 2013 12:18

paddy20
Four Of Clubs
MeMeMe ..... I watched Liverpool v Palace.... Mariappa was skinned by Suarez many times, Kebe was anonymous and did next to nothing, both, I think, were subbed at half time. We did well to sell.

...hmmm slightly iffy observational skillz there MMM :?

- FTR Mapps played the whole 90+' (Jimmy and Jerome came off at HT, as Holloway abandoned his over adventurous 4-3-3) - and the on-line Beeb report and their 'as it happened' text commentary gives Jimmy several mentions - including providing 2 of Palaces 'chances' in the first half as well as an assist for another near miss - hardly anon?

... scuttles back to GF - probably where this post shd have been...... :)

Well said four of clubs. Why do our supporters always try to trash our ex players? Mapps was our best defender in the prem and Jimmy has been a legend. I wish them both luck with Palace

Agree can't wait to see them lining up against us next season

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 07 Oct 2013 12:40

windermere_royal according to BBC we had 60/40 possession but Barnsley/Burnley had 21/8 efforts on goal

This probably demonstrates that - for all the snobbery about this supposed superior style of play we have adopted these days - we're not really all that effective.

First quarter of the season thus far can't be summed up as anything other than 'mediocre'.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 07 Oct 2013 12:41

And you're loving it, aren't you?

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 07 Oct 2013 12:44

genome And you're loving it, aren't you?

Nope. Disappointed tbh. But not in the least bit surprised.

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 07 Oct 2013 13:03

Especially the stupid bint behind me who complained every time Jobi got the ball, and yes I hope you heard my comment that you should go back to watching netball you wotsit.

'you should go back to watching netball you wotsit' -
And what would have been your Oscar Wildesque retort if it had been a hairy @rsed bloke? Oh yes, mumble, mumble, mumble while shifting uncomfortably in your seat.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 07 Oct 2013 13:23

Pandoras Box
Especially the stupid bint behind me who complained every time Jobi got the ball, and yes I hope you heard my comment that you should go back to watching netball you wotsit.

'you should go back to watching netball you wotsit' -
And what would have been your Oscar Wildesque retort if it had been a hairy @rsed bloke? Oh yes, mumble, mumble, mumble while shifting uncomfortably in your seat.

Clueless, stay on the TB, it's a scary world outside of it.

Have a moan when they do something wrong, occasionally. Not whenever they touch the ball. Doesn't help the team, the players or anyone around them.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 07 Oct 2013 15:43

All 5 of them? Quite ironic I could only see 'wooden' seats on the football league show.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 07 Oct 2013 16:57

How exactly is that 'ironic'? :|

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 07 Oct 2013 17:08

No Fixed Abode

All 5 of them? Quite ironic I could only see 'wooden' seats on the football league show.

I thought Rosenior and the presenter were on metal seats but it's on a bit late at night so I wouldn't swear to it.

KTMSTEVE

by KTMSTEVE » 07 Oct 2013 19:04

Burnley fan here. That was our best win of the season so far. I thought Reading were the best team to visit Turf Moor this season. I thought you had plenty of the ball in midfield but our work rate is such that your players didn't have much time on the ball. That said that Guthrie is some player!
We did seem to have more of a cutting edge.
Your fans bucked up in the second half with that 20 Minute chant, although I couldn't quite tell what they were saying! Good effort anyway lads! I guess you brought about 350 fans.
Overall I am so pleased to have taken three points from you lot. Lets hope our next meeting on the 3rd of May sees us both up at the top.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 07 Oct 2013 20:36

Guthrie was getting poor reviews from Dellor and Gooding on the radio, and gave away the ball for the second goal IIRC. However a glance at this site suggests he played well.

Which is it - media incorrect or Reading fans over praising Guthrie?

Truth prolly lies somewhere in the middle.