BFTG - Burnley (H)

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG - Burnley (H)

by Norfolk Royal » 03 May 2014 19:29

Thought we played well today, unlucky not to win, but that would really have obscured the fact that we lost it with some appalling results against teams in the lower half of the table during the course of the season.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 May 2014 19:30

kwik-silva I thought it was Gunter that almost got on the end of it but I could be hugely wrong?

I've got no clue, I was at the other end of the pitch and screaming like a lunatic.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 03 May 2014 19:35

Yeh, was Gunts, probs why Jobi aimed it at the defender.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 03 May 2014 19:44

I thought Obita, Leigertwood and McCleary played very well. Pog was gr8 in the second half too and we improved when Taylor came on. Needs to shave that beard off though.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 03 May 2014 19:54

At least he can grow a beard.

gdroyal

by gdroyal » 03 May 2014 19:57

We really should have done it today, we had some great chances that we failed to convert, especially the McLeary one on one and the couple we had cleared off the line. I would love to know why we still use the tactic of putting the ball on Pearce's head on the back stick at corners. I can remember it working once against Blackpool but we are so more dangerous when we get our players to attack the ball which have worked on a number of occasions e.g. Gorkks at Forest and Watford, Pearce at QPR as well as the Morrison one in the last minute today.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 03 May 2014 20:09

RoyalTank Great team performance today, such a shame that we just couldn't grab that third goal - it's football, it happens.

I am not normally one to complain about the standard of refereeing but today was appalling. I can think of 5/6 terrible decisions that ultimately cost us the play off spot today, the lino completely bottled for the handball that never was. Hey ho, it evens itself out over the whole season... Doesn't it?

No it doesn't as I guess you are implying
I agree re ref - what a complete tosser

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 03 May 2014 20:14

Anybody else hear Ledge on BBCRB?
I'm not sure I heard it right but I thought he said that the plan was to defend for the last 10 minutes.
If that is the case I would be annoyed to think that we didn't really go for it.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 03 May 2014 20:16

What a shame the best home game of the season was the last one
Great atmosphere throughout (apart from first half after their second goal)
Mayhem in East stand after each of our goals and at the final whistle when the word went round that Forest had scored and pitch invasion ensued
But well played in the second half especially - seemed like loads of chances were created, certainly compared to the rest of the season. Good saves and fantastic block on the line by their 5
MaClearys goal was superb and fit to win any competition.
As many others have said though we didn't lose it today

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 03 May 2014 20:25

If Ronaldo/Bale/Messi had scored that goal, pundits would be cleaning their jizz off the studio floors. Epic strike, I knew it was in as soon as he hit it. May have accidentally hugged the bloke next to me.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 May 2014 20:36

Victor Meldrew Anybody else hear Ledge on BBCRB?
I'm not sure I heard it right but I thought he said that the plan was to defend for the last 10 minutes.
If that is the case I would be annoyed to think that we didn't really go for it.

bullshit. McCarthy looked to the bench to see if he should go forward for a corner and was waived on.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 03 May 2014 20:39

That was only after Brighton scored.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 03 May 2014 20:47

We were hardly playing defensive in the last ten minutes though, were we? Maybe rather than speculating over what you thought someone might have said, why not go by what actually happened?

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 03 May 2014 20:51

Because all season it has been much easier for them to attack Adkins when they ignored what actually happened.

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 03 May 2014 21:21

genome If Ronaldo/Bale/Messi had scored that goal, pundits would be cleaning their jizz off the studio floors. Epic strike, I knew it was in as soon as he hit it. May have accidentally hugged the bloke next to me.

I did too. But it wasn't accidental

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 May 2014 21:37

Ian Royal

bullshit. McCarthy looked to the bench to see if he should go forward for a corner and was waived on.

That was only after word had got through to the bench that Brighton had taken the lead. What's more McCarthy didn't look to the bench, in fact they had great difficulty attracting his attention. I think that as a consequence of that difficulty in attracting his attention the corner had been taken before McCarthy got right forward.

That having been said, I don't think we were deliberately looking to defend the point at any time after we equalised. We were going for the win but not to the extent that we would leave ourselves wide open to the counter attack and end up with nothing.
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 03 May 2014 21:39, edited 1 time in total.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 03 May 2014 21:37

Ian Royal

Ian,
Why do you have to be so downright rude?
My question was whether anybody had heard Ledge on the radio?
We all saw McCarthy about to go forward in injury time when it was clear that those on the bench Knew Brighton had scored.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 03 May 2014 21:40

SydenhamRoyal
genome If Ronaldo/Bale/Messi had scored that goal, pundits would be cleaning their jizz off the studio floors. Epic strike, I knew it was in as soon as he hit it. May have accidentally hugged the bloke next to me.

I did too. But it wasn't accidental

Yeah, but did really need to push your hard-on into his thigh?

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 03 May 2014 21:40

RoyalBlue
Ian Royal

That was only after word had got through to the bench that Brighton had taken the lead. What's more McCarthy didn't look to the bench, in fact they had great difficulty attracting his attention. I think that as a consequence of that difficulty in attracting his attention the corner had been taken before McCarthy got right forward.

Exactly.
If Ian went to games more often he might get a better idea of what is going on....but he doesn't and is an obnoxious and bad-mannered little git (maybe everybody else didn't know this already).

JC
Hob Nob Regular

by JC » 03 May 2014 21:41

At the end of the day injuries have cost us dearly this season. Is it a coincidence that the sports scientist was changed 3 months into the season?