Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Buyout

by Royal Ginger » 09 Oct 2013 22:33

The club doesn't disclose fees for players or comment on transfers until they're done. Why would they get all chatty about selling the club? They said very little before the initial deal happened either.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 09 Oct 2013 22:34

tmesis
JimmytheJim The silence is conspicuous.

I know it seems unlikely, but maybe the club aren't concerned (or even aware) about the existence of this thread, and the rumour in it,

Or getting brand Royals in the media for free is worth milking.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 09 Oct 2013 22:43

One8Seven1
I'd be surprised if there was nothing in the rumours, I just hope that tweedletory and tweedledum get a new buyer sorted stat.
I love reading, but I would not be sad if we waved goodbye to a pompous, boring philanthropist and a bratty heir.
And if the club goes under I'll just switch my allegiance to Leyton Orient as it's only a stone's throw away.

I wouldn't. I'd give up on football altogether! I really don't like what the modern game has become. If it wasn't for my love/habit for my local club, I wouldn't put any more money into the game.

Actually, can I change my previous "this ^" to this ^ instead? It better reflects my views!

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 09 Oct 2013 23:00

I've said it countless times before, whatever happens Reading will be fine in the long run.

Huge town, down south, rapidly growing, massive catchment etc etc. Madejski saw this potential and if Anton doesn't someone else at some point will. Reading will be fine.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 10 Oct 2013 07:59

tmesis

I know it seems unlikely, but maybe the club aren't concerned (or even aware) about the existence of this thread, and the rumour in it,

Well they are, because local press asked them to comment and they declined. Still means nothing (for now) though.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 10 Oct 2013 09:43

If AZ was looking to sell, and did end up selling his stake, would anyone really care??? Depending on who actually was buying the club of course.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 10 Oct 2013 10:53

nope

good point

panic over people

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 10 Oct 2013 12:00

loyalroyal4life If AZ was looking to sell, and did end up selling his stake, would anyone really care??? Depending on who actually was buying the club of course.

I wouldn't like to bump into that caveat down a dark alleyway.

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 10 Oct 2013 12:01

loyalroyal4life If AZ was looking to sell, and did end up selling his stake, would anyone really care??? Depending on who actually was buying the club of course.

Of course. We would - we would care very much who he sold to. If this episode has taught has anything, it is that foreign millionaires promising the earth are not to be trusted with our little football club.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 10 Oct 2013 12:13

M Brook If this episode has taught has anything, it is that foreign millionaires promising the earth are not to be trusted with our little football club.

Unfortunately, that scenario will likely never change, given that everyone is being taken over my foreign millionaires (sadly.)

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 10 Oct 2013 13:22

Time for a thread merge - I have it on good authority (ok, so I made it up) that the prospective buyer is none other than Gylfi

Now that would really cause a meltdown

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 10 Oct 2013 13:24

M Brook

Of course. We would - we would care very much who he sold to. If this episode has taught has anything, it is that foreign millionaires promising the earth are not to be trusted with our little football club.

Only he didn't promise the earth did he?

He promised to run the club in the same way as has been done previously. Which is exactly what he has done so far.

Anyone who was expecting Abramovich-esque spending is either a total mentalist, or nine years old.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 10 Oct 2013 13:33

M Brook

From that perspective I agree, what I mean is from the view that a 30 year old russian has asked daddy if he can invest in a football club and now has decided it may not be what he wants.

if there is going to be a non committed foreign investor, at least let it be someone with genuinely deep pockets who wouldn't actually flinch at spending a few mill on a player if that was what the manager wanted

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 10 Oct 2013 15:08

SPARTA
tmesis

Well they are, because local press asked them to comment and they declined. Still means nothing (for now) though.

The local press asked them about this thread? i'd hope if that were the case rather than decline to comment I'd hope they just walked away chuckling and mumbling about spastics

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 10 Oct 2013 15:57

M Brook

or indeed they are. since we dont actually know any facts

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 10 Oct 2013 15:58

loyalroyal4life
M Brook

From that perspective I agree, what I mean is from the view that a 30 year old russian has asked daddy if he can invest in a football club and now has decided it may not be what he wants.

if there is going to be a non committed foreign investor, at least let it be someone with genuinely deep pockets who wouldn't actually flinch at spending a few mill on a player if that was what the manager wanted

or indeed has not, since we dont know any facts

Tilehurst End

by Tilehurst End » 10 Oct 2013 16:50

I am off to Homebase to get a couple of gallons of emulsion and some brushes to give the old Madstad a fresh coat.

Who do you want me to buy in January?

The Goat was fed

by The Goat was fed » 10 Oct 2013 19:27

I reckon Nicky Hammond, fed up with the amount of unfair stick he gets on here by fans who don't understand what he does, has got an Arab Consortium lined up to buy the club...on condition that he is made first team manager.

After spending several million on players that people have heard of from FIFA/Football Manager/YouTube, Nicky Hammond is revered as a saviour and guides Reading to the Premier League. On arrival at the Premier League, Nicky Hammond buys the entire QPR squad from last season. Yet more praise falls on his shoulders as everyone of these players has a rating of over 75 on FIFA. Unfortunately, they all hate each other, don't rate The Oracle's shopping offering and find the AfterDark's VIP area to be too accessible. Reading are relegated and the Arabs desert us.

Seemingly on the brink of collapse, The Goat Was fed comes to Reading's rescue with a miraculous EuroMillions win. On arriving, he gets rid of the overpaid prima donnas for free by encouraging them to undertake a community service at The Forest School, Winnersh. This does not go down well and all agree to terminate their contracts.

The Goat Was fed then kindly rescinds control to John Madejski who it turns out wasn't so bad after all and God forbid has always had the best interests of the club at heart. The Goat Was fed continues as a non-exec director and makes history by allowing STAR meetings to be streamed and recorded on YouTube for fans that can't make it. In another bold step, people are allowed to talk about the meeting afterwards to other fans.

With a management team led by Adi Williams, Mick Gooding and Tim Dellor - Reading storm up the league. The recently renamed Hobnob Hacienda is thriving as fans are told to sing by other fans and face ejection if they don't do so. If any fan leaves early, they will be named and shamed on the scoreboard. Their children will also be bullied at school.

Elm Park Old Boy

by Elm Park Old Boy » 10 Oct 2013 20:06

[quote="The Goat was fed"]I reckon Nicky Hammond, fed up with the amount of unfair stick he gets on here by fans who don't understand what he does, has got an Arab Consortium lined up to buy the club...on condition that he is made first team manager.

After spending several million on players that people have heard of from FIFA/Football Manager/YouTube, Nicky Hammond is revered as a saviour and guides Reading to the Premier League. On arrival at the Premier League, Nicky Hammond buys the entire QPR squad from last season. Yet more praise falls on his shoulders as everyone of these players has a rating of over 75 on FIFA. Unfortunately, they all hate each other, don't rate The Oracle's shopping offering and find the AfterDark's VIP area to be too accessible. Reading are relegated and the Arabs desert us.

Seemingly on the brink of collapse, The Goat Was fed comes to Reading's rescue with a miraculous EuroMillions win. On arriving, he gets rid of the overpaid prima donnas for free by encouraging them to undertake a community service at The Forest School, Winnersh. This does not go down well and all agree to terminate their contracts.

The Goat Was fed then kindly rescinds control to John Madejski who it turns out wasn't so bad after all and God forbid has always had the best interests of the club at heart. The Goat Was fed continues as a non-exec director and makes history by allowing STAR meetings to be streamed and recorded on YouTube for fans that can't make it. In another bold step, people are allowed to talk about the meeting afterwards to other fans.

With a management team led by Adi Williams, Mick Gooding and Tim Dellor - Reading storm up the league. The recently renamed Hobnob Hacienda is thriving as fans are told to sing by other fans and face ejection if they don't do so. If any fan leaves early, they will be named and shamed on the scoreboard. Their children will also be bullied at school.[/quote]

Boo. You had me with you until that last bit.

CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by CholseyRoyal » 11 Oct 2013 11:07

Quoted from the Chronicle:-

READING FC chairman Sir John Madejski has ordered a media clampdown amid fears the sale of the club is about to fall through.

Madejski was hoping to sell his remaining 49% stake in the Royals to Anton Zingarevich before the end of September.
But Zingarevich, through his Gibraltar-based Thames Sports Investment company, failed to meet the deadline and is yet to find the £20 million to complete his takeover, having bought 51% for a similar amount 16 months ago.
Royals fans are now growing increasingly concerned that Zingarevich is looking to sell on his initial stake to new investors, possibly to a consortium from the Middle East.
It would not be the first time Zingarevich and TSI’s Chris Samuelson have been involved in buy-out controversy.
In 2005, Swiss financier Samuelson promised a £30m investment by Fortress Sports Fund in Everton Football Club, which involved Zingarevich’s billionaire dad Boris. But they pulled the plug months later to the fury of Toffees supporters.
Despite repeated attempts from the Chronicle this week to explain the current delay, Reading FC refused to comment on the speculation.
Royals director of football Nick Hammond said: “Those questions are for the chairman.”
However, supporters are now fearing the worst and are seeking clarification from the club.
A statement from the Supporters Trust At Reading (STAR) said: “STAR is well aware of numerous rumours concerning this matter and has been in contact with the football club on issues relating to the matter for quite some time.
“Clearly the position is now at a delicate stage and we are awaiting urgent responses to a number of our questions before making further public pronouncements. Rest assured that the STAR board is working hard in looking to protect the interests of supporters.”
Reading FC last week said they remain ‘comfortable’ with the situation, and were confident the deal would go through.
Zingarevich has been living back in Russia with model wife, Katsia, since the birth of their first child recently.
He has not watched a game at Madejski Stadium since the friendly with Oman on September 7.

8684 posts