CONFIMRED - Paul McShane

209 posts
leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Paul McShane considering Royals switch

by leon » 04 Jun 2015 11:50

No Fixed Abode
leon
Lacoste 40 year old who lives with his mummy in making up rumour to wind up children on the Internet shocker. Will kes ever change or even grow up?

Starting tp think he's a pedalo

old news. He's moved in with his sister.

It certainly wound up two children here. :lol: Imagine getting so upset by a transfer rumour.......especially if you're older than 12.

nothing more sinister than taking the opportunity for a cheap shot, Kesbo

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 04 Jun 2015 12:23

Coppelled_Streets
Royalcop Be surprised if no Prem club went in for him, especially a newly promoted side looking for experience. I'd also be surprised if his wage demands were much less than what Pearce was asking for given he will have been on PL money up until now.

Pearce is on a PL wage. McShane was on a PL wage minus the deduction for relegation (re their forum), so he's bound to be on less than Pearce. Pearce will follow the money, as Feds did and Karacan will. They don't want cuts.

Don't think Karacan is following the lure of money, moreso a longer contract!

Mcshane >>> Pearce

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 04 Jun 2015 12:36

A few years ago oxf*rd no.
Now, yes please.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 04 Jun 2015 13:10

Lacoste
No Fixed Abode
leon
old news. He's moved in with his sister.

It certainly wound up two children here. :lol: Imagine getting so upset by a transfer rumour.......especially if you're older than 12.

If you're right I'll hold my hands up and say fair play.

Doesn't change the fact that you're nearly fourty and burdening yourself on your sister :lol:

I am right - didn't you see the Evening Post article? Whether Reading get him is another matter.

Still doesn't alter the fact you're upset by a football rumour and you're trying to get personal :lol:

Oh and it's spelt 'Forty'.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Jun 2015 13:18

Not really enthused, but i spose would seem a good replacement. Don't understand the certainty he'd be cheaper than Pearce though. Pearce will have had a relegation wage reduction, so there can't be that much difference. Either McShane must be willing to accept less or we're willing to pay more. Fair enough on the first... Don't approve on the second as it's then an unnecessary change which is always at least part gamble.

If we can do this and sign a keeper, we get back to square 1. Which still needs much improvement.

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 04 Jun 2015 13:29

Hull fans are gutted he's been allowed to leave, so that says enough to me that he's a more than capable replacement for the over-paid, flat footed cart horse. At this level he's a dam decent signing for any club. Hopefully it goes through unlike Fodderington who seems to prefer Birmingham.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 04 Jun 2015 14:06

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 04 Jun 2015 14:19

Monkey world is a great day out, shame on you for using it in mockery.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 04 Jun 2015 14:42

Evidence is we're offering the right money for the right players. McCleary, Gunter and Hector seem happy with what we're offering.....
If Feds and Pearce can get others to pay them what would already have been top end Champ wages then I wish them good luck.

Samrfc01

by Samrfc01 » 04 Jun 2015 14:58

Nameless

Evidence is we're offering the right money for the right players. McCleary, Gunter and Hector seem happy with what we're offering.....
If Feds and Pearce can get others to pay them what would already have been top end Champ wages then I wish them good luck.

Gunter hasn't been offered anything and is still no the same contract as when he was signed, all we did was trigger a clause in his contract.

McCleary is probably our highest earner, other than Pog, to be honest and rightly so. Hector has one year of championship experience behind him and seems like he's switched on, he would know not to ask for stupid wages. I'd also expect both of these to have clauses in their contracts to allow them to move to a premier league club.

But then again this summer we have got rid of Guthrie, Pearce, Feds and Kelly so that will be a massive chunk of our wage bill gone. Maybe we can offer a bit more because of it.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 04 Jun 2015 15:12

Ian Royal Not really enthused, but i spose would seem a good replacement. Don't understand the certainty he'd be cheaper than Pearce though. Pearce will have had a relegation wage reduction, so there can't be that much difference. Either McShane must be willing to accept less or we're willing to pay more. Fair enough on the first... Don't approve on the second as it's then an unnecessary change which is always at least part gamble.

If we can do this and sign a keeper, we get back to square 1. Which still needs much improvement.

Pearce signed his last contract after we were relegated whilst Zingaravich was still throwing money about like it was going out of fashion. He was also reportedly (good work by his agent I'd guess) being touted as a target for Liverpool.

Like Federici he would've been one of our top earners as a result.

loyalroyal4life Don't think Karacan is following the lure of money, moreso a longer contract!

Mcshane >>> Pearce

Longer contract means more guaranteed money and committed spend by the club though.

I'd hazard a guess that he's not looking at peanuts either.

trueroyal1871

by trueroyal1871 » 04 Jun 2015 15:18

If McShane signs and Pearce leaves for Derby I'll be very satisfied. McShane might not be a great defender in the top division but he's easily good enough for a top six Championship side and is a far better player than Pearce.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 Jun 2015 16:21

Samrfc01 But then again this summer we have got rid of Guthrie, Pearce, Feds and Kelly so that will be a massive chunk of our wage bill gone. Maybe we can offer a bit more because of it.

Kelly has been offered a new 1 year deal

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 04 Jun 2015 16:34

Samrfc01
Gunter hasn't been offered anything and is still no the same contract as when he was signed, all we did was trigger a clause in his contract.

McCleary is probably our highest earner, other than Pog, to be honest and rightly so. Hector has one year of championship experience behind him and seems like he's switched on, he would know not to ask for stupid wages. I'd also expect both of these to have clauses in their contracts to allow them to move to a premier league club.

But then again this summer we have got rid of Guthrie, Pearce, Feds and Kelly so that will be a massive chunk of our wage bill gone. Maybe we can offer a bit more because of it.

Do you know about Gunter's deal or are you just guessing ?
Neither Hector or McLeary would have extended their deals without it being worth their while. We know all our players have tended to have agreed buy out clauses but both these players would probably command decent sign on fees elsewhere if they let their deals run down here.
The point stands, we're offering deals to some players that are worth them signing. I can't see us offering huge wages to lots of players but you don't need to pay stupid money to get quality players...

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 04 Jun 2015 16:44

On Gunter, it wasn't the club that triggered the clause. It was Gunter, I imagine it was an appearance clause.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 04 Jun 2015 17:02

Gunter doesn't need a big contract. McCleary's earnings should be more than enough.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 04 Jun 2015 17:22

ZacNaloen On Gunter, it wasn't the club that triggered the clause. It was Gunter, I imagine it was an appearance clause.

Where have you got that from Zac?

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/chris-gunter-hoping-sign-new-7911891

Back in October Gunter said not “I want to stay and hopefully that’s the case, said the Wales international.

“But I leave that sort of thing to the people that represent me.

“When it’s not in your hands it’s something you can’t really control.

“So until it happens, I have to concentrate on my football."

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/reading-fc-extend-chris-gunter-8934131

In March Clarke said not “Chris is an important member of the first team squad and, once I knew there was an option to extend Chris’ contract, I asked the club to take it up immediately.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 04 Jun 2015 18:35

Ian Royal Not really enthused, but i spose would seem a good replacement. Don't understand the certainty he'd be cheaper than Pearce though. Pearce will have had a relegation wage reduction, so there can't be that much difference. Either McShane must be willing to accept less or we're willing to pay more. Fair enough on the first... Don't approve on the second as it's then an unnecessary change which is always at least part gamble.

Agree with almost everything Ian says here.

Not sure what relevance McShane's "relegation wage reduction" has, he won't have been paid those wages anyway.

Colour me unimpressed. This is a step backwards. McShane's not held down a place in a side for 10 years, he's behind Pearce in the Ireland pecking order, and he's prone to silly mistakes. Hopefully he has a late-career renaissance but I don't see where all the optimism is coming from. Whoopee, we've signed another Championship club's 5th choice centre back, that makes up for losing one of our most successful defenders ever :|

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 04 Jun 2015 20:09

Still, it's good to see the EP on the ball. Reporting it 6 (Six) days after I did. 8)

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Jun 2015 20:19

Hoop Blah

Pearce signed his last contract after we were relegated whilst Zingaravich was still throwing money about like it was going out of fashion. He was also reportedly (good work by his agent I'd guess) being touted as a target for Liverpool.

Like Federici he would've been one of our top earners as a result.

Good point. But then there was a long wait before he did sign in the end and no interest really seemed to materialise, so I doubt he got to stay on PL wages. It's not like he'd covered himself in glory in the PL or that he was the first name on the teamsheet in defence, we had two other CBs who should have been good enough for the level at that time. Admittedly Gorkss turned out to be spent and Mariappa left shortly after... but hey.

I think I've probably just heard too many people slate McShane in the past. He'll probably do fine, but he's three years older than Pearce and has played almost a season's worth of games less. It's not an unqualified good signing and I'd rather have Pearce.

And that's assuming we do actually get him. Foderingham was supposed to be on his way here and that looks unlikely now.

209 posts