COMING SOON : Walsall (h) - FA CUP 4th Round - 30 Jan 2016

171 posts
Chelsea/Royal

Re: COMING SOON : Walsall (h) - FA CUP 4th Round - 30 Jan 20

by Chelsea/Royal » 26 Jan 2016 10:36

saddla greetings!
It's been a while since we last met. I've got my tickets for Saturday and thanks to the generous 10 quid admission there should be a few of us coming along.
We're not overjoyed at the prospect of this 4th round tie as I expect both of us were hoping for a more glamorous opponent, but such is the luck of the draw and it does give both of us a chance of being in the hat for the 5th round. As some of the earlier posters have noted we are doing rather well away from home at the moment. The reason we don't do so well at home is because those who do well against us tend to park the bus. There's not many teams who will do that on their own patch.
I trust you are enjoying George Evans. I would rate him about 5th or 6th best player in our side. We were a bit miffed Man City ended his loan 2 hours before the kick of our game against Bury. George came and sat in the away end with our fans for that game! Top man!
Better players that you will see on Saturday:
Rico Henry (left back or left midfield). The jewel in our crown. Has recently played his first 2 games for England at under 19 level. Arsenal, Spurs, Man City all rumoured to be preparing to bid for him. Very skilful on the ball with pace to burn.
Romaine Sawyers (no 10 in the hole behind the striker) the playmaker - with a sublime first touch and vision. Can read the game better than any Walsall player I've ever seen and I've been going for over 50 years. Has a shot on him too but doesn't use it enough as he's always looking to play someone else in with a better scoring chance.
Tom Bradshaw - striker. He's never going to pick the ball up in his own half and dribble past 6 of your players before planting the ball in the top corner, but he's the fox in the box, scores from impossible angles and when he's got 3 or 4 defenders around him just when you think he's been totally blocked in. incredible work rate, never stops running.
Neil Etheridge (goalkeeper) Top shot stopper, brave, dominates his box, flattened more than a few big and ugly league 1 strikers (fairly of course :lol: )
Jason Demitriou right back. fast, overlaps well excellent crosser of the ball. got a good shot too.

Have no fear you will have a game on Saturday and it won't be boring. Good luck for the rest of the season - concentrate on that league position :D

Hi there

Hopefully there will be a decent atmosphere on Saturday. The place can be a bit of a library though.

I don't think Evans can play against you as he is cup tied. He started last Saturday against Wednesday. Did ok but I think he will take a while to adjust to Championship footy. Kermogant is also cup tied.

I can see a really close game with 1 goal winning it. Hope it's not your lot!

Ask your fans not to make too much noise as it could wake the people sitting in the West Stand.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 26 Jan 2016 11:08

Walsall fans do have a point tbf, less so on their side but from our pov. When you've played in the PL and been to the big games like the cup semi final last year against Arsenal then a draw against Walsall is more than a bit disappointing.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 26 Jan 2016 11:39

Walsall are a Premiership side aren't they ?
Given the extremely talented make up of their squad I'm assuming they are currently looking to nick a Champions League spot.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 26 Jan 2016 11:59

Reading being a nondescript place? :lol: :lol:

Sorry what even is Walsall? Isn't it just a suburb of Birmingham, but somehow even shittier?

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 26 Jan 2016 12:01

Jagermesiter1871 Reading being a nondescript place? :lol: :lol:

What next - Basingstoke has no soul? :lol: :lol:

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 26 Jan 2016 12:15

Sorry what even is Walsall? Isn't it just a suburb of Birmingham, but somehow even shittier?

Didn't even know where Walsall was until we drew them in the Cup and I googled it

EDIT: I see Ian Royal is taking the fight to their forum brandishing the HNA banner :lol:

Blue Label

by Blue Label » 26 Jan 2016 12:31

They're now taking the p&ss out of our attendances. A club that have averaged under 5k for the best part of ten years.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Jan 2016 12:33

tidus_mi2

Didn't even know where Walsall was until we drew them in the Cup and I googled it

EDIT: I see Ian Royal is taking the fight to their forum brandishing the HNA banner :lol:

Oh dear, is some bellend impersonating me to wind them up, or are they still whining about what I said on here pages ago?

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 26 Jan 2016 12:36

Do they not realise it was a local businessmen who took over in 1990 and has remained part of the club ever since? It took us over 15 years of him being here to reach the top division. But yeah.. we bought success.

Bitter fools

saddla

by saddla » 26 Jan 2016 12:39

tidus_mi2 Didn't even know where Walsall was until we drew them in the Cup and I googled it

Didn't your search come up with this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8OPQbV_QBY

Blue Label

by Blue Label » 26 Jan 2016 12:48

saddla
tidus_mi2 Didn't even know where Walsall was until we drew them in the Cup and I googled it

No, that was before we all started supporting Reading, according to your lot.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 26 Jan 2016 12:52

How many of the Saddlers fans at Cardiff will be there on Saturday I wonder ?
It was the most pitiful support I've seen at playoff final, although obviously the laugh was on us in terms of the result !

Lenny The Tramp

by Lenny The Tramp » 26 Jan 2016 13:26

We owe them.

Rougier's arse, Balti pie-gate, Goodman, Byfield ...

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 26 Jan 2016 13:29

Just to buck the trend of comments on here about the Walsall fans, I actually think they need a bit of defending. As someone who's grown up in the Midlands (30+ years), and knows a good cross section of fans from all the local sides, the Walsall fans are a decent bunch, very down to earth, especially when compared to their neighbours from Molineux. They've always been a small club due their geographic location, surrounded by the bigger local sides, so the fanbase is more the traditional father takes son family heritage. The club is certainly not the wealthiest, and deals with short term contracts, generally only a year at a time, so there's usually a large squad turnover each summer, added to the fact when a bigger club like us comes along and nicks on of their better players. Outside of Saturday, I shall certainly be hoping they come up this season, after a good few years of mediocrity and relegation scraps in league one.

So, like most of the stuff that gets posted on here, take what you read on the Saddlers forums with a pinch of salt.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 26 Jan 2016 14:11

Blue Label They're now taking the p&ss out of our attendances. A club that have averaged under 5k for the best part of ten years.

Yeah but attendances only mattered back in the 70's, 80's and early 90's specifically 82-83. Thats when they use to give trophies out for average attendances.

Attendances, league places, premiership seasons and records are all irrelevant now. If your average attendance was sub 3.5k in 83 all trophies are void under UEFA regulation you fuxking numpty.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 26 Jan 2016 14:12

Blue Label
saddla

No, that was before we all started supporting Reading, according to your lot.

It was the season before I started watching Reading tbf :oops:

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 26 Jan 2016 15:23

Brum Royal Just to buck the trend of comments on here about the Walsall fans, I actually think they need a bit of defending. As someone who's grown up in the Midlands (30+ years), and knows a good cross section of fans from all the local sides, the Walsall fans are a decent bunch, very down to earth, especially when compared to their neighbours from Molineux. They've always been a small club due their geographic location, surrounded by the bigger local sides, so the fanbase is more the traditional father takes son family heritage. The club is certainly not the wealthiest, and deals with short term contracts, generally only a year at a time, so there's usually a large squad turnover each summer, added to the fact when a bigger club like us comes along and nicks on of their better players. Outside of Saturday, I shall certainly be hoping they come up this season, after a good few years of mediocrity and relegation scraps in league one.

So, like most of the stuff that gets posted on here, take what you read on the Saddlers forums with a pinch of salt.

Yeh I've always seen them as the Brentford of the West Midlands TBH.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 26 Jan 2016 15:24

Jagermesiter1871 Sorry what even is Walsall?

Walsall is a state of mind

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 26 Jan 2016 15:32

Our attendances used to be low, but they're not any more - certainly not compared to us in the "70s and 80s" and even more so Walsall, of any era. So what.

Why do people harp on about the past like progression and development is a bad thing?

That's like telling Lord Sugar it doesn't matter he's now a billionaire because he used to be poor and started from nothing.

In contrast Walsall are shit, have always been shit, and more than likely, will always be shit.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 26 Jan 2016 15:36

Don't really see the point in getting insecure about what some users on a forum think of your club tbh

171 posts