Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: BM Emotion

by Forbury Lion » 05 Feb 2016 14:05

BM Emoticon :shock:

Cookie

by Cookie » 05 Feb 2016 14:52

I'm pretty sure he was talking about the negative emotion. :)

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 05 Feb 2016 15:05

BM negative Emoticon :cry:

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 05 Feb 2016 15:17

bcubed
Harpers So Solid Crew We move on

Anyone else feel we havent heard this much since BM returned?!

I find it quite comforting and would like to hear it more

Agreed. In fact I find it hard to move on without it

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 05 Feb 2016 17:50

floyd__streete Of course there should be emotion connected with results for the players and staff :| Do people come home from a difficult day at work laughing and smiling about it? I suspect not. Some terrible nonsense there from Brian, trying to hide the elephant in the room of sustained poor results in the face of a big, big spend on resources.

That said, some of the disrespect shown towards him from some of the ****ers who associate themselves with our great club on social media and on here is a ****ing disgrace. He is one of our best ever managers, show him some respect you twats :!:

Brian didn't say the players and staff shouldn't feel emotion about results, or that emotion isn't involved in matches and their build up. He said that they need to put aside the emotions that results cause, so they can get on with their job of putting issues with their performance right, preparing for matches and going about trying to win them.

You don't get better in training and preparation for the next game by letting the emotional disappointment of the last result control you. It's done. You move on.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 05 Feb 2016 18:07

He is absolutely right to say that, as manager, he has to try and be objective. I suspect he's more hurt by a defeat than anyone, but he's also the person who has to sit down, work out what went wrong and find a solution. He needs to be able to identify that losing a game to a late goal is not a complete disaster if the team actually did well for 89 minutes, neither is winning with a late goal at the end of a bad performance a complete triumph.
I suspect he's actually stating the obvious, and that most managers pretty quickly get the emotion out of the way before settling down to analyse games. They know there is a time and a place for it, but it's mostly a distraction in the day to day work of a manager.

What Brian now needs to do is show that his objective post match considerations can be translated into improved performances and results. Without that he may as well sulk all week after a defeat or go on a three day bender when we win.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 05 Feb 2016 18:44

I do still think that aspects of our side and game have improved since Clarke left and McDermott came in. It's not really showing in results, which is disappointing and all that really matters come the end of the season. Obviously there's still a lot to work on and improve.

I can't help but feel we've just got to push our way through one last stubborn barrier of cack form and things will improve quite dramatically. Assuming we can push through.

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 06 Feb 2016 06:03

Brian says 'I like playing at home, we're trying to create an atmosphere'. That's it then......Russ Abbot to the rescue.