BFTG Huddersfield

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

BFTG Huddersfield

by Kitsondinho » 08 Mar 2016 23:29

It was bloody freezing. We were pretty poor all round. Al-Habsi made several decent saves. The less said about Taylor the better after that tonight. Though Evans was also pretty awful, but he will learn from games like this. Danny Wiiliams was back to his headless chicken 'best'. On a plus we must sign Ola John permanently in the summer because he made us tick going forward again. Before he came on we were so slow going forward and those lovely sideways passes were back. I suspect we'll be in for a few more games like this as the season drifts to it's conclusion!! Did I mention it was cold?!

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BFTG Huddersfield

by CountryRoyal » 09 Mar 2016 00:51

Honestly, it was fukking appalling.

Shameful performance where it was clear no one really cared, including 99% of the fans.

4s for everyone. Gave up after the first goal, though they weren't that keen before hand. Actually John was decent, but no more than that. 6 for his cameo.

Special mention to McCleary who should be turned into glue, a shadow of his former self.

Had a good laugh though. Can't wait til Friday. URZZZZ

Sport Economist

by Sport Economist » 09 Mar 2016 08:41

Verdict from a pal who is a journalist covering Huddersfield (he does not support them):

"difficult one to judge tonight. Town dominated the ball, as we're used to now, but didn't create much first half, although Wells had two one-on-ones that he struck against Al Habsi and should have scored. Reading did nowt.
Early goal after the break was soft. Another one-on-one for Wells after a weak back header from Gunter. Took it round Al Habsi, but if he'd wanted to get back he might have pressured the finish. He just gave it up. If Reading had come for a point, they had to come out after that and Town got round the back again for the second. Wells missed a great headed chance, but the third was awful from a Reading perspective. They all stopped and Dean Whitehead somehow ended up on the byline and knocked it back for the young kid Bojaj to tap in his first senior goal. Really poor goal to give away. And with about 8 seconds left, Ola John let fly from 30 yards and buried it. Great strike.

Reading couldn't get Kermorgant in the game, largely as a result of Town's pressing. Hector was good, Evans and Williams were OK in front of the defence, but other than that it was all a bit meh. Rakels spends too much time on the floor, Cooper is big lump and Gunter didn't win any friends tonight. Clearly there are bigger fish to fry this week, but it followed the pattern of the other three games this season, albeit with Town ultimately able to convert pressure into goals.
Ref was awful.

In summary, you didn't miss much."

sloughroyal123

by sloughroyal123 » 09 Mar 2016 08:41

You both deserve fukcing medals for going last night.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 09 Mar 2016 09:01

Sport Economist Verdict from a pal who is a journalist covering Huddersfield (he does not support them):

"difficult one to judge tonight. Town dominated the ball, as we're used to now, but didn't create much first half, although Wells had two one-on-ones that he struck against Al Habsi and should have scored. Reading did nowt.
Early goal after the break was soft. Another one-on-one for Wells after a weak back header from Gunter. Took it round Al Habsi, but if he'd wanted to get back he might have pressured the finish. He just gave it up. If Reading had come for a point, they had to come out after that and Town got round the back again for the second. Wells missed a great headed chance, but the third was awful from a Reading perspective. They all stopped and Dean Whitehead somehow ended up on the byline and knocked it back for the young kid Bojaj to tap in his first senior goal. Really poor goal to give away. And with about 8 seconds left, Ola John let fly from 30 yards and buried it. Great strike.

Reading couldn't get Kermorgant in the game, largely as a result of Town's pressing. Hector was good, Evans and Williams were OK in front of the defence, but other than that it was all a bit meh. Rakels spends too much time on the floor, Cooper is big lump and Gunter didn't win any friends tonight. Clearly there are bigger fish to fry this week, but it followed the pattern of the other three games this season, albeit with Town ultimately able to convert pressure into goals.
Ref was awful.

In summary, you didn't miss much."

It was Taylor who played in Wells. Even the neutral journos are trying to make Gunter the escapegoat.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 09 Mar 2016 09:16

won money on 3-1 last night, though that doesnt make it feel any better.
before the lord mayors show, vs a team who has our number and has done for a while.
Meh.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 09 Mar 2016 09:45

Made the trip last night, I thought the team he put out was surprisingly strong and definitely good enough to win the game.

Al-Habsi kept us in with two crucial saves. I don't agree with the Cooper slagging in the "journalists" report above. He was doing well, I thought the goals (bar the calamitous first which we don't need to talk about) were poor in the build up and then allowing the cross to come over.

Rakels was isolated out on the left wing. Taylor looked frustrated with Piazon's lack of tracking back.

We move on.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 Mar 2016 10:30

Sounds just like the Watford game last year. Let's move on quickly

Credit to those who went. How many did we take?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 09 Mar 2016 10:34

It doesn't really matter how strong a side is on paper if they know the club don't really give a toss about the result then they're not going to be giving their all. What we got was a result of that and shouldn't really surprise anyone.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 09 Mar 2016 10:39

Hoop Blah It doesn't really matter how strong a side is on paper if they know the club don't really give a toss about the result then they're not going to be giving their all. What we got was a result of that and shouldn't really surprise anyone.

big Friday night cup tie coming up, and many of them could have played themselves into contention.
that said, they probably knew if they played last night, they weren't in the plans for Friday (gunter/hector aside)

also - theres giving a shit, and then theres giving a shit more than Friday nights game.

defo not surprised though

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 Mar 2016 10:40

I'm not sure if they could have played themselves into contention though. After the match on Saturday Brian sounded like he knew what his side was going to be for Friday.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 09 Mar 2016 10:44

Unless there are injuries I'm sure Brian knew his side for Friday and last night was going to have no influence on it.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 09 Mar 2016 10:52

genome I'm not sure if they could have played themselves into contention though. After the match on Saturday Brian sounded like he knew what his side was going to be for Friday.

that said, they probably knew if they played last night, they weren't in the plans for Friday (gunter/hector aside)

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 09 Mar 2016 10:53

Hoop Blah Unless there are injuries I'm sure Brian knew his side for Friday and last night was going to have no influence on it.

so if Williams/Mcleary scored a hat trick they wouldn't have been considered? :|

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 09 Mar 2016 11:04

Well maybe, but probably not. Realistically that would've just been a freak event that I'd doubt the pragmatic McDermott would see as more compelling proof of their suitability for the Palace game over the last dozen games and 3 months of training.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 09 Mar 2016 11:25

There were 6 changes from the side that drew 2-2 with Fulham but based on the performance last night, none of them boosted their chances of playing Friday, I think the 5 who remained will be involved regardless apart from Kermogant who is cup tied, so that's: Al-Habsi, Gunter, Hector and Cooper accounted for.

Of the rest who might make it? McCleary if HRK is injured and Rakels probably as he and Cox are our only available striking options.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 09 Mar 2016 11:27

Ferdinand for Cooper if he's fit.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 09 Mar 2016 11:34

genome Sounds just like the Watford game last year. Let's move on quickly

Not very many. Made it to the bar at half time easily enough though. Twice

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 09 Mar 2016 12:56

genome Sounds just like the Watford game last year. Let's move on quickly

Couldn't have been many more than 100.

I don't agree with that journo - I thought Hector was really poor.

I'll just add that the scoreline flattered us. HTFC got in behind us so many times and had so much freedom to run at our defence. Luckily their finishing was fairly attrocious with Wells the worst of the culprits.

Even more disappointingly, from our perspective, is that they reckoned they were rubbish with some fans claiming it was one of the worst performances under Wagner.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 09 Mar 2016 15:48

Man of the Match: CountryRoyal - it would have been a library without him