Dellor moaning about Vydra again!!!

537 posts
Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Dellor moaning about Vydra again!!!

by Royal Rother » 13 Apr 2016 19:45

So many big laughs to be had on this thread.

That was certainly one of the biggest.

OldBiscuit

by OldBiscuit » 13 Apr 2016 20:04

John Smith
The Sum of the Parts So, there's a player who's made a major blunder and who's clearly massively short of confidence.

His manager can either:

a) Defend him and refuse to get drawn into public criticism of him,
b) Agree that he's sh*t and that if "he was a dog he'd have been shot" - and allow that to be broadcast.

If you were his manager, trying to build up a team who have had obvious issues of confidence and motivation, and if you know that "the group" is such an important part of teamwork, what would you do?

And if you were the player, which option would you expect from your manager?

Option B - he needs to be hung out to dry.

And this !

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 13 Apr 2016 20:06

Royality creeps In To be fair Vydra has been pretty useless, and the team has been under performing (bar one or two exceptions)

I think Dellor is spot on and right to ask the manager WTF is going on!

He has the right to ask, but he does it so often that McDermott is probably sick to death of it. Whatever you may think, Dellor's vendetta against Vydra should never have been the opening question. Dellor just comes across as obsessed.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Apr 2016 20:10

tmesis
Royality creeps In To be fair Vydra has been pretty useless, and the team has been under performing (bar one or two exceptions)

I think Dellor is spot on and right to ask the manager WTF is going on!

He has the right to ask, but he does it so often that McDermott is probably sick to death of it. Whatever you may think, Dellor's vendetta against Vydra should never have been the opening question. Dellor just comes across as obsessed.

Perhaps if Vydra missed less often he wouldn't have to ask.
Last edited by sandman on 13 Apr 2016 20:28, edited 1 time in total.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 13 Apr 2016 20:24

Royal Rother
The Royal Forester I posted on here earlier that Williams should be shown the door at the end of the season. I have just seen footage of the incident on the internet and have changed my mind. It shows McShane saying something to Williams and they walked towards each other and then Mcshane headbutted Williams, no wonder Williams reacted the way he did. Both players must be fined at least, for the clash and Mcshane should not be captain for the rest of the season.

Have you got a link for that please?

Go to the thread "Someone buy McShane a beer" on HNA's menu and a link is in a post by George. Sorry, but I do not know how to transfer the link to this thread.

EDIT at 20.29
Just tried to have another look but the thread seems to have been taken down. I do remember that twitter was in the link, so perhaps you could try looking on there.

EDIT at 20.40
The thread has been enclosed with Post Mortem Williams v Mcshane.
https://twitter.com/TalkReading/status...2742566913
I now know how to transfer the link, apparently.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 14 Apr 2016 08:13

Thanks. I like McShane and don't really care for Williams but that gives a different view to the one I was expecting tbh!

Snowball136

by Snowball136 » 14 Apr 2016 09:17

It's Williams that gets the bollocking and starts to run at McShane.

From then, from McShane's POV he has to also run forward mano a mano,
but there's no doubt at all who starts it physically (I'm saying the running is
the start).

Surprised to see the head butt or head-butt gesture from McShane but we
don't know what Williams said at that point.

But I'm on record here this season and last as saying Williams is a bad egg.

quickwingerswife

by quickwingerswife » 14 Apr 2016 09:31

Dellor must be an embarrassment to BBC, Williams etc. Why does Mick Gooding have to put up with him, he's wasted on here. Mick should be where he deserves to be, in a RFC managers coat. Dellor soon to be stacking shelves in Tesco, Newbury .

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 14 Apr 2016 10:10

An apology for some of what he said anyway:
Tim Dellor tweeted, not 24 hrs on - wish hadn't made poorly judged comment about Vydra. Meant to be funny metaphor. Listened back. It wasn't. Sorry everyone.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 14 Apr 2016 11:05

wingnut An apology for some of what he said anyway:
Tim Dellor tweeted, not 24 hrs on - wish hadn't made poorly judged comment about Vydra. Meant to be funny metaphor. Listened back. It wasn't. Sorry everyone.

which comment was that do you reckon?

half apology half accepted tim

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Apr 2016 11:13

Maneki Neko
wingnut An apology for some of what he said anyway:

which comment was that do you reckon?

half apology half accepted tim

I'm guessing 'if he was a dog he'd be shot' if I've read descriptions of the interview correctly.

Much more to apologise for than that, but good on him for at least going that far.

The state he was in there was no way he should have been speaking to McDermott.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 14 Apr 2016 12:50

Ian Royal The state he was in there was no way he should have been speaking to McDermott.

:| Wtf, Ian - seriously.....in terms of his line of questioning how would you say Dellor behaved unreasonably or unprofessionally in that interview? In fact McD is the only one who comes across as being 'in a state'.

And still this rumbles on. Seems to me that – just as Dellor clearly has an axe to grind – a number of Reading supporters get so rattled about Dellor for whatever reason that they jump on his every utterance, as if he has any real sphere of influence on what happens on the pitch FFS. If he wants to single out a player in this poorly performing side I’d rather he chose to hurt the precious feelings of someone who won’t be here next season.

Meanwhile, two of our well played players decided to have it out on the pitch midweek. Isn’t that rather indicative of the spirit and attitude displayed by our players over the past three seasons? And infinitely more worthy of discussion that the obsession of some over Tim bl**dy Dellor?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 14 Apr 2016 13:29

Royal Rother So many big laughs to be had on this thread.

That was certainly one of the biggest.

Sandman talks sense. Floyd Street talks sense. You don't talk sense.

Is your head in the sand?

ladida_gunner_graham

by ladida_gunner_graham » 14 Apr 2016 13:37

floyd__streete
Ian Royal The state he was in there was no way he should have been speaking to McDermott.

:| Wtf, Ian - seriously.....in terms of his line of questioning how would you say Dellor behaved unreasonably or unprofessionally in that interview? In fact McD is the only one who comes across as being 'in a state'.

+1
"Ask about the game, Tim....".

He did, repeatedly, just not the questions McDermott wanted to answer. Sorry Brian, you don't get to choose the post match questions. That's what the programme notes are for.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 14 Apr 2016 13:59

ladida_gunner_graham
floyd__streete

+1
"Ask about the game, Tim....".

He did, repeatedly, just not the questions McDermott wanted to answer. Sorry Brian, you don't get to choose the post match questions. That's what the programme notes are for.

+1

Nowt wrong with Dellors interview

Tim did go a bit mental at the end of the game but if McShane nutting Williams can be excused as ''passion'' and ''two players wanting to win'' so can Dellors frustration.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 14 Apr 2016 14:34

Snowball136 Surprised to see the head butt or head-butt gesture from McShane but we don't know what Williams said at that point.
and it's probably in the best interests of all concerned that we don't.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 14 Apr 2016 14:42

Vydra - Maybe we have an option to buy him at an agreed price which takes into account the £2.5m already paid for the loan, in which case Brian playing him could be an attempt to see if he can recapture his form ahead of the club deciding to go ahead with the signing or write off the £2.5m.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 14 Apr 2016 14:59

If the contract with Watford is an option to buy at his value minus 2.5m, we should get to keep him and Watford owe us 2m.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 14 Apr 2016 15:27

Not sure why Vydra would choose to stay anyway. Since he's joined he's seen two of the forwards he played with sold, the other one in decent form is injured and unlikely to sign next season himself. Granted they've been replaced by a Latvian nutjob and Rip Van Winkle but I'm not convinced that's enough to persuade him next season will be better for him.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 14 Apr 2016 15:29

Vision Not sure why Vydra would choose to stay anyway. Since he's joined he's seen two of the forwards he played with sold, the other one in decent form is injured and unlikely to sign next season himself. Granted they've been replaced by a Latvian nutjob and Rip Van Winkle but I'm not convinced that's enough to persuade him next season will be better for him.

Haha I don't think Matej Vydra is in any position to be making decisions about his future at Reading. He should be delighted it's even up for consideration!

537 posts