Message from the Thai's

122 posts
Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Message from the Thai's

by Top Flight » 09 May 2016 14:07

No Fixed Abode 1 point out of 18 is a massive faiLOL whichever way you look at it with those players at his disposal.

Those players were no good.

We had no pace going forward. No width. Clarke assembled a load of expensive sh*te and the owners forced some of them off the wage bill in January when they realised how costly and useless they were. Brian did not have good players at his disposal in the end, thanks to Clarke.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 09 May 2016 14:08

Maneki Neko Im not bovvered by that tbh
but its nice that yo8u are. im glad we have someone looking out for our little club like this

Hopefully he can send us more great players from the Chelsea pool of talent. We could do with another Piazon for next season.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 09 May 2016 14:09

Top Flight
No Fixed Abode 1 point out of 18 is a massive faiLOL whichever way you look at it with those players at his disposal.

We had no pace going forward. No width. Clarke assembled a load of expensive sh*te and the owners forced some of them off the wage bill in January when they realised how costly and useless they were. Brian did not have good players at his disposal in the end, thanks to Clarke.

But you play a way that is effective with the players you have at your disposal. It says to me BM is very one dimensional in his tactical thinking.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 09 May 2016 14:11

Armadillo Roadkill
Silver Fox They've said the right things there, although I'd have liked Brian to get a shout by name as the man to take us forward.

I now look forward to people reading between the lines and making up stuff they think they see

OK. Here goes.

"We've noticed people aren't buying season tickets so we thought we'd try and reassure them that we have got some plans for next year."

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 09 May 2016 14:15

No Fixed Abode
Top Flight

But you play a way that is effective with the players you have at your disposal. It says to me BM is very one dimensional in his tactical thinking.

If you say so Chelsea boy.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 09 May 2016 14:15

I hope the Thais have been smart and I'm not wrong with this, by January we had a faltering squad of big egos that had cost the owners a lot of money on loan, there was no point investing as the season was pretty much over by January and the team spirit was shattered, they offloaded what they could in January of big egos with no future (sa and Blackman) and are losing the rest this summer other than williams (hrk and the loanees) they bought Evans one for the future which they have kept as far away from the first team as possible and kermorgant and rakkels ( enough to keep us up) and installed the manager to rebuild and work with youth McDermott. To try again. Plan a Clarke with lots of big names and no ability on loan did not work. McDermott is plan b, develop youth, make shrewd buys and find players that want to play for reading not for there next contract/ paycheque. Brian will not be sacked because he hasn't actually started the job he was employed for yet. Or he has and that started 2 days ago. I think this is clever and they are getting all the people in the right places for what they and we want. I think within reason if Brian had lost every game as long as we stayed up he would still be here. The rot started long before Brian turned up and the divisions in the squad were already there. In Brian I trust for now this is the start of plan b. I'm going to embrace it because there is nothing else to do

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 09 May 2016 14:17

linkenholtroyal I hope the Thais have been smart and I'm not wrong with this, by January we had a faltering squad of big egos that had cost the owners a lot of money on loan, there was no point investing as the season was pretty much over by January and the team spirit was shattered, they offloaded what they could in January of big egos with no future (sa and Blackman) and are losing the rest this summer other than williams (hrk and the loanees) they bought Evans one for the future which they have kept as far away from the first team as possible and kermorgant and rakkels ( enough to keep us up) and installed the manager to rebuild and work with youth McDermott. To try again. Plan a Clarke with lots of big names and no ability on loan did not work. McDermott is plan b, develop youth, make shrewd buys and find players that want to play for reading not for there next contract/ paycheque. Brian will not be sacked because he hasn't actually started the job he was employed for yet. Or he has and that started 2 days ago. I think this is clever and they are getting all the people in the right places for what they and we want. I think within reason if Brian had lost every game as long as we stayed up he would still be here. The rot started long before Brian turned up and the divisions in the squad were already there. In Brian I trust for now this is the start of plan b. I'm going to embrace it because there is nothing else to do

Excellent post. I'm with you!

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 09 May 2016 15:28

Dr_Hfuhruhurr I'm all a bit apathetic to be honest. Its quite clearly been written by a PR company. There's no substance to it at all.

My thoughts, too.
An awful lot of words to say very little.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 09 May 2016 15:42

No Fixed Abode
Top Flight

you basically describe brains forte there.
& your opinion offered is lazy nonsense.imo

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 09 May 2016 15:43

linkenholtroyal I hope the Thais have been smart and I'm not wrong with this, by January we had a faltering squad of big egos that had cost the owners a lot of money on loan, there was no point investing as the season was pretty much over by January and the team spirit was shattered, they offloaded what they could in January of big egos with no future (sa and Blackman) and are losing the rest this summer other than williams (hrk and the loanees) they bought Evans one for the future which they have kept as far away from the first team as possible and kermorgant and rakkels ( enough to keep us up) and installed the manager to rebuild and work with youth McDermott. To try again. Plan a Clarke with lots of big names and no ability on loan did not work. McDermott is plan b, develop youth, make shrewd buys and find players that want to play for reading not for there next contract/ paycheque. Brian will not be sacked because he hasn't actually started the job he was employed for yet. Or he has and that started 2 days ago. I think this is clever and they are getting all the people in the right places for what they and we want. I think within reason if Brian had lost every game as long as we stayed up he would still be here. The rot started long before Brian turned up and the divisions in the squad were already there. In Brian I trust for now this is the start of plan b. I'm going to embrace it because there is nothing else to do
think this is pretty much spot on

Barcelona Blue

by Barcelona Blue » 09 May 2016 15:52

me too Iaslo think its spot on, although some quarters were moaning when the Tahis didnt say anything, now that they have they´re moaning ..looks like whatever they do theres going to be moaners..

I´m looking forward to next season, some of the kids are definately going to get a chance and maybe one or two strong signing s too

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 09 May 2016 15:55

Not quite sure what people feel the Thais have done wrong. In Steve Clarke, they appointed a man who they believed had the ability to take us up and last summer they backed him much more then most Reading fans expected, with some high profile, albeit, short term signings that weren't cheap. There was even a time during this season that some of us (myself included) thought we might Top 2 material, but results turned and after the Fulham incident Clarke was rightly sacked.

They then brought in a man who knows the club intimately to steady the ship. A man who got us promoted by playing to our strengths and grinding out results. But its a different set of players and it hasn't turned out like it did 5 years ago. Results have been shit but I think it's only fair that they give Brian time to clear out the people who are surplus and get more in.

If rumours that they want out are true, that's a completely different matter, but I can't see anything they should be apologetic about for last season.

My statement in their position would have read "We tried, it didn't work, we'll try again next season. See ya."

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 09 May 2016 16:01

Scutterbucketz Not quite sure what people feel the Thais have done wrong. In Steve Clarke, they appointed a man who they believed had the ability to take us up and last summer they backed him much more then most Reading fans expected, with some high profile, albeit, short term signings that weren't cheap. There was even a time during this season that some of us (myself included) thought we might Top 2 material, but results turned and after the Fulham incident Clarke was rightly sacked.

They then brought in a man who knows the club intimately to steady the ship. A man who got us promoted by playing to our strengths and grinding out results. But its a different set of players and it hasn't turned out like it did 5 years ago. Results have been shit but I think it's only fair that they give Brian time to clear out the people who are surplus and get more in.

If rumours that they want out are true, that's a completely different matter, but I can't see anything they should be apologetic about for last season.

My statement in their position would have read "We tried, it didn't work, we'll try again next season. See ya."

Which is pretty much what their statement does say tbh.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 09 May 2016 16:03

I'd have left it at one line and let the moaners spend the summer in frenzy

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 09 May 2016 16:09

I'm surprised there hasn't been more of a frenzy over the fact that if you run Lady S's song backwards it says "oxf*rd off you whining oxf*rd" on repeat.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 09 May 2016 16:23

Scutterbucketz I'd have left it at one line and let the moaners spend the summer in frenzy

I'm down with that, but I'd have thrown in a "ya twats" at the end

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 09 May 2016 17:07

Silver Fox
Scutterbucketz I'd have left it at one line and let the moaners spend the summer in frenzy

I'm down with that, but I'd have thrown in a "ya twats" at the end

That goes without saying though.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 09 May 2016 17:49

wingnut
Dr_Hfuhruhurr I'm all a bit apathetic to be honest. Its quite clearly been written by a PR company. There's no substance to it at all.

My thoughts, too.
An awful lot of words to say very little.

I'm with you two on this-the colloquial use of English is far from what non-English folk might use.
Having said that, at least a statement has been made.
With Brian not being mentioned it read to me that they didn't really want to nail their sail to the mast by including him in their plans and I get the feeling that he won't be around.

There you are Silver Fox, a classic over-reading of what has been written, but that is what fans do.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 09 May 2016 19:08

genome
sandman Sasima writes better English on the club website than she does under her Dave-Royal/Top Flight alter ego on here.

I'd wager it was probably written by the PR department, sent to the three of them and they said "yeah that's alright".

No! :shock:

Really?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 May 2016 19:44

Well alright, don't be an arsehole about it

122 posts