565 posts
AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

Re: McDermott Sacked (AGAIN)

by AirRaidSiren » 30 May 2016 00:34

AthleticoSpizz Glad to hear that

You have allayed all of my concerns

How weak.

Many forget our past, we have been in far worse positions and I've never ever seen an outcry as I have this sacking. Some of you are absolutely pathetic.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 30 May 2016 00:40

AirRaidSiren

How weak.

Many forget our past, we have been in far worse positions and I've never ever seen an outcry as I have this sacking. Some of you are absolutely pathetic.
been very much part of our past, ty

The difference nowadays is the appointment of someone who was never actually given ghe chance to make it work

....and that's what has become pathetic......now we go again

...it's all subjective and all about opinions.....cannot wait for the outcry when BM's replacement is announced :lol:

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 30 May 2016 00:49

AthleticoSpizz
AirRaidSiren

How weak.

been very much part of our past, ty

The difference nowadays is the appointment of someone who was never actually given ghe chance to make it work

....and that's what has become pathetic......now we go again

...it's all subjective and all about opinions.....cannot wait for the outcry when BM's replacement is announced :lol:

We are going round in circles. Pointless.

My opinion is: it is deserved. Doesn't mean im right. It's not a fact that I am right, but an assumption. I don't know, nor can the sympathisers prove my opinion wrong.

I am optimistic about our future. Open minded. This season coming is a huge season for us. No improvement shows our motive.

Let's hope and support our club. No matter who is in charge, owns us blah blah blah...

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 30 May 2016 00:51

You'll learn, sadly it'll be the hard way.

Experienced football people say we are a mess due to the owners yet apparently AirRaidMoron knows better.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 30 May 2016 00:54

....and I was just going to say "quite" to ARS

....and that I was just in for the laughs in the forthcoming months
Last edited by AthleticoSpizz on 30 May 2016 00:55, edited 1 time in total.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 30 May 2016 00:54

sandman You'll learn, sadly it'll be the hard way.

Experienced football people say we are a mess due to the owners yet apparently AirRaidMoron knows better.

This is the typical response I expect. Love the name change btw.

Thanks Brian

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 30 May 2016 00:55

Then again, I thought you might have learned due to what has happened since Zingarevich bowed to your wishes and sacked McDermott the last time. But given how much you and others are celebrating this most recent change that is obviously not the case.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 30 May 2016 00:56

AthleticoSpizz ....and I was just going to say "quite" to ARS

....and that I was just in for the laughs in the forthcoming months

Fair enough.

We will see.

Ciao for now

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 30 May 2016 01:14

RoyallyFcuked
leon
RoyallyFcuked
I don't have an ST anymore no, mostly only go to away games now. Did a handful under Clarke towards the start of the season, since Brian returned I've only been to two as I've become too disillusioned to keep attending and frankly lost a lot of interest over the season, as I said already.

How many you been to this season you cretin? Been enjoying it have you? Tell me more about how much we've improved.

Enough to know we've got systemic issues at the club, that giving the bloke 6 months to fix them isn't enough and crowing about the sacking of someone who's had a track record of success with us is out of order.

None then I take it, because you wouldn't have had to go to any to know that.

AthleticoSpizz Thanks to our current incumbant tyrants, I am actually looking forward to playing the likes of Colchester, Bury and Shrewsbury in the years to come.

Disgraceful and ignorant decision announced today.

At least we will get to enjoy that "build-up- feeling of success" thing that so many of the young voices on here have never experienced....let's do it again from division 4

I just cannot understand this level of overreaction. Just because we sacked Brian we're guna do a Blackpool? :lol:

What's the worst that could happen? We get relegated, something that could well have been on the cards had Brian stayed anyway. Or more likely, we will do better next season with a new manager with a new approach and fresh ideas. I'd be more worried if we'd sacked him approaching Christmas with us in the bottom half of the table, which is why now was the time to do it if they thought the risk of that was too high. The hangover from last season should be gone with someone new in charge, and if they felt they needed someone new then obviously they needed to give them the summer.

The one thing I don't understand is why they gave him a 2.5 year deal when it seems they had no intention of keeping him on unless he worked miracles? Surely the thing to do would have been give him a contract until the end of the season with the possibility of extension based on performance. Begs the question "why get him back in the first place?", a question which I asked when we re appointed him. In that respect I do think its stupid way to treat him and the fans, because it gives them a false impression.

You lot keep saying "its not just because they've sacked Brian", but that is clearly what is making the difference here. It doesn't mean the owners are crazy, Madejski got rid of Rodgers after even less time. If you all put aside your love for Brian and what he did before (which bares no relevance to now) its really not that much of an unusual or unfair sacking.

How much difference is it really going to make to us if we have a new manager from this point on? Not much, because Brian has made virtually no impact on anything since he's been back. None of the players we have now have any real ties or bond with Brian. It's really not going to affect the stability of the club as much as some think. We will have had 3 new managers in 3 seasons, it's not that bad.

We have the nucleus of a good first 11 and squad, there is still no reason why with a few of the right additions we can't be more than competitive this season. Clearly the owners felt that we have more chance of that with someone other than Brian.

I didn't want to indulge in attendance willy waving, but yes I'm a season ticket holder and yes I've seen a few games. He was the right person to get us back on track. He's done it before, knows how to do it.

But no, you know best from your sofa, apparently.

Rollerbob

by Rollerbob » 30 May 2016 08:35

Fezza Not sure what all the whinging and head slapping is for.

Our form under McD was very very poor. More importantly there was no sign of improvement. The "Reading Way" doesn't work in the filthy rich league we find ourselves in.

Am I happy the Thais sacked him so soon? Yes, he hadn't made any difference. If I was upset it was when he was reemployed.

THIS. +3727283638

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 30 May 2016 08:40

What is wrong with you lot. We couldn't score, defend, win or muster any kind of quality.

We were dire. The players should not have given up, it was Brians job to suitably motivate them and gear them to win games. Just look at Barnsley, bottom in December, went up yesterday. Say what you like about previous squad blah blah blah We were still hopefuls when Brian came in. Derby, Burton & Walsall kept on track following changes mid season. Rotherham did a job.

He should have got longer...but he didn't. Because we were oxf*rd poor at football
And that's what the owners are judging them on.
Last edited by royalp-we on 30 May 2016 09:35, edited 2 times in total.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 30 May 2016 09:00

royalp-we What is wrong with you lot. We couldn't score, defend, win or muster any kind of quality.

We were dire. The players should not have given up, it was Brians job to suitably motivate them and gear them to win games. Just look at Barnsley, bottom in December, went up yesterday. Say what you like about previous squad blah blah blah We were still hopefuls when Brian came in. Derby kept on track. Rotherham did a job.

He should have got longer...but he didn't. Because we were oxf*rd poor at football
And that's what the owners are judging them on.

I'm unhappy that he's gone. Totally agree with your points above that he should have done better with what he had. A number of those last few games were also against clubs with nothing to play for so we should have got better results.

The thing that bothers me now though is what happens when the next manager has a poor run of results. Another sacking? I'd like us to build something and we need stability for that, and I thought Brian could have done that with a low budget and youth team players.

The new manager needs our support from day one. At the end of the day this is social media, we don't own the club, but we do have a vested interest and a passion for Reading FC. I want to see us playing good football and scoring goals next season. That is all.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 May 2016 09:01

Hello and welcome to Reading FC, soon to be the new Charlton Athletic of the Championship.....

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 30 May 2016 09:04

Sutekh Hello and welcome to Reading FC, soon to be the new Charlton Athletic of the Championship.....

This is what bothers me. Managers you've never heard of recruiting players from the second tier of the ass end of nowhere league.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 30 May 2016 09:15

Come on folks

This isn't just about Brian going.

1. It's about the bizarre Fulham Fiasco, about the shock reversal in form under SC between going second and being relegation fodder and many fans sensing something seriously wrong behind the scenes (and we spent more than most in the league just on agents' fees.)

2. It's about Brian going when he had picked up a poisoned chalice, over half a team going out the door at season-end.

3. It's about losing our top two strikers in January and having at least one player forced on the manager.

4. It's about Nicky Hammond going, other back-room staff going.

5. It's about McDermott-Adkins-Dolan-Clarke-Khul-McDermott all being in charge of the team in three years

6. It's about a lack of communication from the board, zip encouragement, an underlying sense that Reading FC are a relative low-priority for the Thais.

7. It's about a nagging fear that they might be asset-strippers.

8. It's about the club's loss of identity as a good, hard-working, sensible, professional club

9. It's about the demise of the Reading Way and fear we are the next Leeds or Charlton

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 30 May 2016 09:27

Which will all be irrelevant should the changes prove successful and we have a decent season.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 30 May 2016 10:00

Based on the caliber of manager we've been linked with so far, do you think that's likely? Regardless of your opinion on Brian McDermott.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 30 May 2016 10:06

Agreed.

People predicting a good season next year, based purely on thin air.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 30 May 2016 10:16

Looking through our squad list, with just a few additions it could be a good season.

This is going to drag on. See you all soon for the next hna? meltdown.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 30 May 2016 10:38

Maneki Neko Agreed.

People predicting a good season next year, based purely on thin air.

I think people are underestimating just what an impact parachute payments ending will have.

£10 million a year extra is like our crowds being 35000 rather than 17000. To a large extent, the impact on finances is as bad as getting relegated. We are no longer competing the the play-off contenders for players. We can't afford those any longer. Our rivals in the transfer market are now the likes of Huddersfield, Barnsley and Blackburn.

Whoever comes in has a very difficult job, with very little money to spend. Finishing in the top half would be a real achievement.

565 posts