PRE SEASON FRIENDLY AT BOREHAM WOOD

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

Re: PRE SEASON FRIENDLY AT BOREHAM WOOD

by TBM » 10 Jul 2016 00:32

George_
Kelly looked very good 2nd half, easily one of the best technically gifted players on the pitch, but also held his own in tackles & when defending. Could tell from Jaap's body language & the way he was speaking to him that he likes him. Wouldn't suprise me to see him in the squad come 1st game of the season.

Sold in January then...

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 10 Jul 2016 00:35

(Mambo)

"I believe the children are our future" as the song goes

Seriously, can Stan afford to give them the same go that Nigel Adkins did?

It all harks back to those days....a little bit

It wasn't so bad afterall was it?

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 10 Jul 2016 09:46

mambo3 Not sure I agree with your assessment. Borehamwood did not do enough to assess first Team Players in any positive way. I expected more from the first team players in the 1st half! Saw a lot of effort but no invention. Our defence will never get that much room to run forward as they did today in the championship and when we were put under pressure we wobbled (Yakuba nearly scoring) . 2nd half bought in the youngsters, 2 players that unlocked borehamwood Defense with a touch of skill Kelly and Samuel. Kelly has an eye for a pass, Samuel 2 touches, 1st an assist with a cross and the 2nd taken down by the centre half after going past him and awarded free kick which Kelly scored. Fosu 2 goals as well. The youngsters did there career no harm but the first Team should be looking over there shoulder.

Agree with this, the first half was very devoid of chances, just one save and the goal which fell kindly to Evans. The Yak should have scored as twice we gave the ball away coming out of defence.

I thought Rakels was offside for his chip as the lino was way behind play (I was level). What where those boots he was wearing? Looked like 1970s style rugby boots.

Great free kick from Kelly, we've missed having someone who can score like that since Gylfi left. Of the rest only Fosu really impressed me, I think this will be a big year for him.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 10 Jul 2016 10:38

LumpWarden
Lower West Opposition not the greatest. But how did the Reading passing and movement look. Quick and slick?

I actually thought we played the ball around better in the second half once all the youngsters were on

Understandable as theyve all olayed together for years, whereas the rest are virtual strangers

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 10 Jul 2016 12:39

Good strong win to start pre season off with them. Some good signs but I still think this season will be nothing more than a building year before a possible push next season.

The main squad looked good, McCleary stood out with some great forward moves they were just lacking a little something that hopefully some match fitness will bring about. The youth looked really really good though, especially Kelly who looked confident in the middle, controlled the play excellently at times and it was a great free kick for his goal.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Jul 2016 13:57

Maneki Neko
LumpWarden
Lower West Opposition not the greatest. But how did the Reading passing and movement look. Quick and slick?

I actually thought we played the ball around better in the second half once all the youngsters were on

Understandable as theyve all olayed together for years, whereas the rest are virtual strangers

Not only played together for years, but have played neat passing football together for years.

George_

by George_ » 11 Jul 2016 13:04

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 11 Jul 2016 13:37

A decent run out for our boys against a tired looking Borehamwood side. Not much to shout about first half and if the Yak had been a year sharper we could've been two down at the break though we went in a goal up through a lovely finish from Evans.

Not sure what happened between the stadium announcer and the Reading coaches as it was broadcast that the whole team was changing for the second half although it was just after an hour that the youngsters came on.

Decent performances from Kermy, G-Mac, Joey VdB and Watson in the first half and of the second half performances I thought Jules looked very composed at the back, a great free kick form Kelly and lively performances from Fosu and Samuel too.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 12 Jul 2016 08:33

Sutekh now pretending to be Charles Watts with minute by minute updates

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 12 Jul 2016 21:21

Tilehurstsouthbank Not sure what happened between the stadium announcer and the Reading coaches as it was broadcast that the whole team was changing for the second half although it was just after an hour that the youngsters came on.

Stam obviously changed his mind. :roll:

Game time together is critical. Otherwise the season will start and we'll chasing to catch up from the off.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 12 Jul 2016 21:35

John Smith Sutekh now pretending to be Charles Watts with minute by minute updates

:lol:

I was thinking that. Surely if you go to a game the last thing you'd think of doing is getting you're phone out to report back to HNA every two minutes.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Jul 2016 22:32

Lacoste
John Smith Sutekh now pretending to be Charles Watts with minute by minute updates

:lol:

I was thinking that. Surely if you go to a game the last thing you'd think of doing is getting you're phone out to report back to HNA every two minutes.

Come on, we've all been to Reading games where anything is better than watching the action on the pitch.