Thank you Danny Williams

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Thank you Danny Williams

by CountryRoyal » 31 May 2017 13:13

genome Will be interested* to see what Huddersfield do in the transfer window. I think he is only allowed 1 loanee from a fellow Premier League club, so they're going to need to decide on which of Mooy, Palmer, Brown and Ward they want to renew, and which if any they would go for permanently. Going for all of them will presumably cost quite a lot of money and they wouldn't actually be improving their squad.

No brainer it's got to be Mooy.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 31 May 2017 13:17

Actually, think I've misinterpreted that rule. It's a maximum of one loanee from any one club, so they couldn't loan both Palmer and Brown again.

Definitely think they should buy Mooy permanently though.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 31 May 2017 13:19

genome Actually, think I've misinterpreted that rule. It's a maximum of one loanee from any one club, so they couldn't loan both Palmer and Brown again.

Definitely think they should buy Mooy permanently though.

I think if I was a parent club I wouldn't necessarily want to lend back to the same club two years running - better experience going elsewhere with different management/style etc/

Bit different of course with Huddersfield being promoted - things will change anyway.

But yeah, if you had to pick one to buy, it would be Mooy.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 31 May 2017 13:22

genome Will be interested* to see what Huddersfield do in the transfer window. I think he is only allowed 1 loanee from a fellow Premier League club, so they're going to need to decide on which of Mooy, Palmer, Brown and Ward they want to renew, and which if any they would go for permanently. Going for all of them will presumably cost quite a lot of money and they wouldn't actually be improving their squad.

Fascinating* times. When I read they were interested in an out-of-contract Frasier Campbell this morning, I felt glad we had lost for the first time.

If they can sign their loanees, it should allow the squad to improve as the young players develop naturally.