Hob Nob Regular

Re: Ex Players

by muirinho » 13 Jun 2022 15:52

Nameless
muirinho
AthleticoSpizz Guntz released by Charlton

Still bench warming for Wales

Therefore, could still be involved in the WC

honestly getting silly at this stage - is he in there as a team mascot or what?

I mean, Bale obviously is also without a club, but there the similarities rest.

Wasn’t HRK without a club when he scored his ‘wonder goal’ for Wales ?

Well you know what they say about HRK playing well when looking for a new contract...

btw, I went to confirm on wiki what season he went to WBA, and came across this gem, which sums him up.

"On 27 May 2021 it was announced that Robson-Kanu would leave West Bromwich Albion after five years following the conclusion of his contract, having appeared for the club 154 times scoring 24 goals.[61] A year after being released and having failed to find a new club, Robson-Kanu revealed that he left Albion because he felt the club was lacking the direction needed to push for promotion. "I didn't agree with the direction the club was going in," he told the Express & Star 's Baggies Broadcast podcast. "If I was staying there had to be a long-term vision, a project. I didn't want to be in a place where we were languishing in mid-table in the Championship."[62]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hal_Robso ... ich_Albion

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 13 Jun 2022 16:55

Nameless
muirinho
AthleticoSpizz Guntz released by Charlton

Still bench warming for Wales

Therefore, could still be involved in the WC

honestly getting silly at this stage - is he in there as a team mascot or what?

I mean, Bale obviously is also without a club, but there the similarities rest.

Wasn’t HRK without a club when he scored his ‘wonder goal’ for Wales ?

Yeah he was musing over the £200k a week contract offer from China that he reckons he got.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 14 Jun 2022 13:08

Tranmere Rovers have signed @EthanBristow1 on a two-year contract from #ReadingFC

The defender, who played eight games for the Royals last season in league and cup, turned down offers "from a top Premier League club and Championship side" to sign for Tranmere

https://mobile.twitter.com/bbcmerseyspo ... 0303422474

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 14 Jun 2022 13:21

I can’t find the article now but I read that Tennai Watson is wanted by other Championship clubs. I assume that he must have done well at MK Dons. It’s a shame that we have lost some good talent over the years.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Jun 2022 14:05

blythspartan I can’t find the article now but I read that Tennai Watson is wanted by other Championship clubs. I assume that he must have done well at MK Dons. It’s a shame that we have lost some good talent over the years.

Possibly not a surprise. 32 apps and 2 goals for franchise last season in getting to the L1 play offs.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 14 Jun 2022 14:11

Sutekh
blythspartan I can’t find the article now but I read that Tennai Watson is wanted by other Championship clubs. I assume that he must have done well at MK Dons. It’s a shame that we have lost some good talent over the years.

Possibly not a surprise. 32 apps and 2 goals for franchise last season in getting to the L1 play offs.

Always thought he was a fairly solid, if not unspectacular FB here, disappointed he didn’t quite kick on but from memory, kept picking up injuries

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 14 Jun 2022 14:58

morganb Tranmere Rovers have signed @EthanBristow1 on a two-year contract from #ReadingFC

The defender, who played eight games for the Royals last season in league and cup, turned down offers "from a top Premier League club and Championship side" to sign for Tranmere

Top Premier league side and Championship, were after him? Not having that.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Jun 2022 15:18

paultheroyal
morganb Tranmere Rovers have signed @EthanBristow1 on a two-year contract from #ReadingFC

Possible but only as an addition to u23s - at Tranmere, he'll likely be first choice from the off - good career move for him and he may well move back up a division on two in 3 or 4 years. Could see he was a player but just wasn't ready for the Champ.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 14 Jun 2022 15:25

Stranded
paultheroyal

Possible but only as an addition to u23s - at Tranmere, he'll likely be first choice from the off - good career move for him and he may well move back up a division on two in 3 or 4 years. Could see he was a player but just wasn't ready for the Champ.

Agreed

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Jun 2022 18:08

Sutekh

He was proper quality at 18. Big injury and a disappointing loan seems to have done for him. Oh, and of course our dipshit managers oxf*rd him about in midfield in the odd cup game.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Jun 2022 18:10

Stranded
paultheroyal

Looked decent going forward but like he needed another year or so of development to feature regularly for us.

Zero LBs with 1st team experience now isn’t it?

Mildly disappointed by this.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 15 Jun 2022 07:10

Jose Gomes quoted by the BBC in their Darwin Nunez article. Not exactly groundbreaking stuff, Nunez is quick and Klopp likes his team to get behind the opposition defence.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 15 Jun 2022 08:44

Really useful information. Thanks.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 15 Jun 2022 13:19

Danny Guthrie declared bankrupt.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-61811817
Last edited by Orion1871 on 15 Jun 2022 14:15, edited 1 time in total.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 15 Jun 2022 13:29

Hope he gets the help and support he needs. Obviously has a gambling problem.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 28 Jun 2022 15:15

Snowflake Royal
skipper
Forbury Lion Depends on the facts of the case, which I can't remember and the circumstances around the case being dropped. Also need to take into account fitness, match fitness and how badly his form may be affected by opposition fans chanting Peado at him for 90+ minutes, also on that note the reputation of our familly club and the effect that may have on the fans. It's probably going to be a No from me for any one of those reasons

Did anyone read the Athletic article about it? It says absolutely nothing about Gylfi's specific case, obvs, but it does point out that it could take upward of 2 years to sort out. Well Gylfi is 30(?) so that's probably his career over?

32. After more than a year out, at that age, his career at any sort of professional level is already over IMO.
It does make you realise that footballers might be considerably better off financially by paying blackmailers to keep false allegations to theirselves than to risk being out of the game for 2 years. Even if they are still on the wagebill, that's alot of appearance money, goal bonuses, endorsements etc they're going to miss out on, plus all the negative PR.

With that in mind, how much do you reckon I should be asking Harry Kane for in return for not falsely outing him as Ian Royal?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 28 Jun 2022 18:24

Think you might have to pay HIM Forbes….everybody wants to be poll-meister Ian Royal

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 28 Jun 2022 21:59

Birmingham and Derby apparently both after Terrell Thomas.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Jun 2022 08:07

Was surprised we said no so quickly. Must rate Dorsett pretty highly.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 04 Jul 2022 05:04

3097 posts