MATCHWATCH : Leeds United (a) sponsored by Eric Nixon in goal

246 posts
Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Leeds United (a) sponsored by Eric Nixon in goal

by Ascotexgunner » 27 Nov 2018 15:35

John Smith
Ascotexgunner JVDB would have been first on my teamsheet against this lot to sit in front of the back four. I know you all hate him but hes the kind of player we are missing at the mo. He aint pretty but he will put himself about.

Still posting complete and utter drivel on here I see.

I've got a good feeling about tonight, think we'll do them 1-2

If we win up there, I will hail you as the greatest poster on this board.....of all time.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 27 Nov 2018 15:42

Old Man Andrews
Ascotexgunner
leon If fit I would go for Maccleary to start with Sims on the bench. Possibly.

JVDB would have been first on my teamsheet against this lot to sit in front of the back four. I know you all hate him but hes the kind of player we are missing at the mo. He aint pretty but he will put himself about.

When do the entries close for worst post of 2018?

Worst post of 2018 for speaking the truth? Much better than some of the drivel we have in midfield at the moment, people like Gunter, Blackett, JVDB, Beerens could do no right in people's eyes, yet it's the same people defending utter drivel like Barrow, Bacuna and Kelly, how about you judge people based off their ability and not nationality?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Nov 2018 15:58

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews
Ascotexgunner JVDB would have been first on my teamsheet against this lot to sit in front of the back four. I know you all hate him but hes the kind of player we are missing at the mo. He aint pretty but he will put himself about.

Worst post of 2018 for speaking the truth? Much better than some of the drivel we have in midfield at the moment, people like Gunter, Blackett, JVDB, Beerens could do no right in people's eyes, yet it's the same people defending utter drivel like Barrow, Bacuna and Kelly, how about you judge people based off their ability and not nationality?

err what....ok that earns worst post of 2018, congrats!

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 27 Nov 2018 16:02

Hound
URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews

I'm not saying Van Den Berg was good, he was far from it. But he is better than the options we have right now. People act like he's the worst midfielder we've ever had, but people seem to forget he was a regular starter for us when we finished 3rd. If you'd take a stale midfield three of Kelly, Swift and Bacuna over someone who actually got stuck in, then I'm sorry but you're the most clueless poster of 2018!

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 27 Nov 2018 16:13

Sutekh Leeds will also be without Jamal Blackman, Luke Ayling, Patrick Bamford, Gaetano Berardi and Izzy Brown.

If they are playing with 6, I'd say we're in with a chance...

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Nov 2018 16:15

URZZZZ
Hound
URZZZZ

I'm not saying Van Den Berg was good, he was far from it. But he is better than the options we have right now. People act like he's the worst midfielder we've ever had, but people seem to forget he was a regular starter for us when we finished 3rd. If you'd take a stale midfield three of Kelly, Swift and Bacuna over someone who actually got stuck in, then I'm sorry but you're the most clueless poster of 2018!

Good lord you've now won 1st and 2nd place in the worst post of 2018. Big congrats!

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 27 Nov 2018 16:30

URZZZZ utter drivel like Barrow

:shock:

The bloke who kept us up last season almost single handedly?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Nov 2018 16:34

Vision

Yup. I wasn't at Wigan so I'm curious to know who played left or right out of Aluko or McCleary.

I have a theory about why Clement would play Aluko ahead of Sims. It's basically because Clement doesn't want to play two out and out wingers in the same side. Hence if Barrow plays then Sims ( who is an out and out winger) will not. People can continually call Aluko a winger all they want but he clearly isn't and never has been. Certainly not in the same mould as Barrow/Sims/McCleary.

I can't recall it happening at all this season. Given the option he's preferred to start Meite , Baldock and even Bod in that position rather than have 2 of Sims, Barrow and McCleary in the same starting line up.

I can see that... Two proper wingers would hug the sidelines and leave the striker isolated sort of thing?

If you look at the Whoscored heat map (no idea how it's put together), then you can just about conclude that Aluko was right and McCleary left... though someone who was there or watched online would be far more reliable.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 27 Nov 2018 16:53

genome
URZZZZ utter drivel like Barrow

:shock:

The bloke who kept us up last season almost single handedly?

URZZZZ fold your account and post elsewhere you embarrassing mess

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 27 Nov 2018 17:06

Snowflake Royal
Vision

Yup. I wasn't at Wigan so I'm curious to know who played left or right out of Aluko or McCleary.

I have a theory about why Clement would play Aluko ahead of Sims. It's basically because Clement doesn't want to play two out and out wingers in the same side. Hence if Barrow plays then Sims ( who is an out and out winger) will not. People can continually call Aluko a winger all they want but he clearly isn't and never has been. Certainly not in the same mould as Barrow/Sims/McCleary.

I can't recall it happening at all this season. Given the option he's preferred to start Meite , Baldock and even Bod in that position rather than have 2 of Sims, Barrow and McCleary in the same starting line up.

I can see that... Two proper wingers would hug the sidelines and leave the striker isolated sort of thing?

If you look at the Whoscored heat map (no idea how it's put together), then you can just about conclude that Aluko was right and McCleary left... though someone who was there or watched online would be far more reliable.

The heat map, I believe, is constructed from where the players touch the ball meaning that the generally wide positioning you see with Aluko and McCleary from the last game tells a false story. They were playing central without a doubt but moved out to the flanks to receive passes when we were bringing the ball out of defence. During our periods of sustained possession they were nowhere to be seen on the wings.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 27 Nov 2018 18:10

Was going to go but decided not to
Hopefully we can win and happy to see its not me ruining the threads now :lol:

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 27 Nov 2018 18:18

Kulshaw72RFC Hopefully we can win and happy to see its not me ruining the threads now :lol:

off yer game?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 27 Nov 2018 18:49

Meyler travelled with the squad tonight, interesting to see if he makes the 18 man squad / starting eleven

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 27 Nov 2018 19:00

Jaakkola, Yiadom, Moore, Ilori, Gunter, Bacuna, Rinomhota, Kelly, Swift, Meite, Loader.

Like the look of that a lot

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 27 Nov 2018 19:01

4 changes
out O`shea, Blackett,Aluko and McCleary
in Ilori, Yiadom,Bacuna and Loader

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 27 Nov 2018 19:04

I know saying this means we are doomed but I oxf*rd love the look of that line up. Formation looks good too.
4-1-2-1-2
I imagine Bacuna will be the deepest of the mods and Swift the furthest forward.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Nov 2018 19:05

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
Vision

The heat map, I believe, is constructed from where the players touch the ball meaning that the generally wide positioning you see with Aluko and McCleary from the last game tells a false story. They were playing central without a doubt but moved out to the flanks to receive passes when we were bringing the ball out of defence. During our periods of sustained possession they were nowhere to be seen on the wings.

Have you looked at the heat map?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Nov 2018 19:07

Subs: Walker, O’Shea, McCleary, Aluko, Sims, Blackett, McNulty

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Nov 2018 19:07

genome Jaakkola, Yiadom, Moore, Ilori, Gunter, Bacuna, Rinomhota, Kelly, Swift, Meite, Loader.

Like the look of that a lot

Er... WTAF is that? 4 central midfielders...

I like Clement, but that XI looks like he's having a mental breakdown when looking at shape and changes.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 27 Nov 2018 19:08

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal I can see that... Two proper wingers would hug the sidelines and leave the striker isolated sort of thing?

Have you looked at the heat map?

Yes? Why do you ask?

246 posts