Out of Contract 2022

1018 posts
NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Out of Contract 2022

by NathStPaul » 30 May 2022 10:04

Hendo
NathStPaul So bored of hearing about Puscas now. If he goes then he goes, if he stays then we use him. Either way it isn't worthy of continuous debate.

Are you new here?

Tbh, as R&R says, you could just ignore it.

Not sure who made you forum police to decide what is and isn't worthy of debate.

FTR, I'd like to see him stay and given a go under Ince, who showed excellent man management skills to turn around the form of Drinkwater. Maybe he can do it with Puscas as well.

I didn't say it cannot be discussed, just pointing out it is incredibly boring. Dull.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 30 May 2022 10:07

NathStPaul
Hendo
NathStPaul So bored of hearing about Puscas now. If he goes then he goes, if he stays then we use him. Either way it isn't worthy of continuous debate.

Are you new here?

Not sure who made you forum police to decide what is and isn't worthy of debate.

FTR, I'd like to see him stay and given a go under Ince, who showed excellent man management skills to turn around the form of Drinkwater. Maybe he can do it with Puscas as well.

I didn't say it cannot be discussed, just pointing out it is incredibly boring. Dull.

Thats your look out/opinion on it. There may be others who want to discuss it - especially during the offseason when there isn't a whole lot else to discuss.

I find the music thread boring and dull, I don't read it and ignore it, it isn't hard.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 30 May 2022 11:41

Puscas has put himself firmly in shop window in Italy. Maybe some teams might think he is worth a punt for a few million euros but dont think there is much money in Serie A, definitely not in Serie B. Not sure many other leagues will be that interested in him either, time will tell and everything is all speculation now.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 May 2022 12:27

Hendo

Are you new here?

Most of the discussion has been on the dedicated Puscas thread on UR&G from what I recall as well

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 30 May 2022 18:02

Snowflake Royal
Hendo

Are you new here?

Most of the discussion has been on the dedicated Puscas thread on UR&G from what I recall as well

And I dare say the fact that Pisa's promotion bid (and the possible transfer) ended last night has a fair bit to do with it being discussed.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 31 May 2022 10:43

Not out of contract, but Southwood has apparently been told to find a new club.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 31 May 2022 10:51

Pepe the Horseman Not out of contract, but Southwood has apparently been told to find a new club.

Don't think he will have an issue finding a new home at a League 1 or 2 club, no shame in going down to come up again. Can definitely see clubs coming in for him.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 31 May 2022 10:51

Pepe the Horseman Not out of contract, but Southwood has apparently been told to find a new club.

He's been treated appallingly since the turn of the year.

Maybe an opportunity at Wycombe, given David Stockdale's age/performance in the playoff final?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 31 May 2022 12:01

John Smith

Maybe an opportunity at Wycombe, given David Stockdale's age/performance in the playoff final?

He was just not rated as good enough to be #1. Last thing VP did was replace him with Hein. Hein gets injured and instead of backing Southwood, Ince signs another keeper.

He's not quite Champ standard at the mo, may well be in a couple of years but probably needs a move to a decent L1 club.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 31 May 2022 12:15

Stranded
John Smith

He was just not rated as good enough to be #1. Last thing VP did was replace him with Hein. Hein gets injured and instead of backing Southwood, Ince signs another keeper.

He's not quite Champ standard at the mo, may well be in a couple of years but probably needs a move to a decent L1 club.

Have to agree, his overall form hasn't been Championship quality, he had a purple patch and displaced Rafael but then returned to form, probably best to move on, give more opportunities to CBC as a sub keeper who is obviously rated highly by the club.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 31 May 2022 12:22

tidus_mi2
Stranded
John Smith He's been treated appallingly since the turn of the year.

Have to agree, his overall form hasn't been Championship quality, he had a purple patch and displaced Rafael but then returned to form, probably best to move on, give more opportunities to CBC as a sub keeper who is obviously rated highly by the club.

Yeah I think the ceiling is higher with CBC anyway. No issues with Southwood moving on for a decent fee, it would be a shame for all concerned but he possibly does need a go at L1 before moving up. A buy back option/percentage clause of his next sale would be useful.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 31 May 2022 12:32

YorkshireRoyal99
tidus_mi2
Stranded

Yeah I think the ceiling is higher with CBC anyway. No issues with Southwood moving on for a decent fee, it would be a shame for all concerned but he possibly does need a go at L1 before moving up. A buy back option/percentage clause of his next sale would be useful.

Have Anderson to come into the fold as well.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 31 May 2022 12:32

We went through 3 1st team keepers (plus Hein) last season all highly thought of at the time they started for us all of them had clangers...... that points me to a different issue in my eyes.
If he is being told he isn't first choice and needs to leave to find that then fair enough as he clearly wants to be a number 1.
If he is shown the door because they think he not good enough then that leaves a bitter taste.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 31 May 2022 12:33

YorkshireRoyal99
tidus_mi2
Stranded

I still think he's been treated very harshly - Hein was possibly worse, the defence in front of him conceded the most goals in the entire football league in his first year as a first team pro. I can definitely see this one developing into a Jake Cooper situation in a couple of years.

I would be open to selling any of our squad, though, if a fee is involved.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 31 May 2022 12:34

Coppells Lost Coat We went through 3 1st team keepers (plus Hein) last season all highly thought of at the time they started for us all of them had clangers...... that points me to a different issue in my eyes.
If he is being told he isn't first choice and needs to leave to find that then fair enough as he clearly wants to be a number 1.
If he is shown the door because they think he not good enough then that leaves a bitter taste.

Surely, for a keeper, being told you're not first choice is the same as being told you're not good enough, especially when you're approaching mid-20s with the experience that Southwood has?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 31 May 2022 12:39

John Smith
YorkshireRoyal99
tidus_mi2 Have to agree, his overall form hasn't been Championship quality, he had a purple patch and displaced Rafael but then returned to form, probably best to move on, give more opportunities to CBC as a sub keeper who is obviously rated highly by the club.

I still think he's been treated very harshly - Hein was possibly worse, the defence in front of him conceded the most goals in the entire football league in his first year as a first team pro. I can definitely see this one developing into a Jake Cooper situation in a couple of years.

Whether Hein was worse or not is a personal view but we picked up more points per game with Hein in the side that any other player (1.4) - small sample though admittedly.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 31 May 2022 12:41

John Smith
YorkshireRoyal99
tidus_mi2 Have to agree, his overall form hasn't been Championship quality, he had a purple patch and displaced Rafael but then returned to form, probably best to move on, give more opportunities to CBC as a sub keeper who is obviously rated highly by the club.

Maybe a bit of sentiment behind it with him being an academy prospect and graduate, but other than half a dozen games where Rafael lost his place, he hasn't been all that impressive overall. Decent enough, maybe deserved another chance but a move elsewhere may be better for all concerned.

Hopefully a buy back option prevents it from being a Jake Cooper situation and we can get a good deal for him wherever he moves.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 31 May 2022 12:42

YorkshireRoyal99
John Smith
YorkshireRoyal99

Maybe a bit of sentiment behind it with him being an academy prospect and graduate, but other than half a dozen games where Rafael lost his place, he hasn't been all that impressive overall. Decent enough, maybe deserved another chance but a move elsewhere may be better for all concerned.

Hopefully a buy back option prevents it from being a Jake Cooper situation and we can get a good deal for him wherever he moves.

Thought he looked very solid until the Derby game. That missed cross destroyed his confidence and it was all down hill from there.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 31 May 2022 13:30

Coppells Lost Coat We went through 3 1st team keepers (plus Hein) last season all highly thought of at the time they started for us all of them had clangers...... that points me to a different issue in my eyes.

Next season there'll be no room for passengers. Southwood as good as he is has reached a level. If he had grown a few inches taller would be a different matter altogether.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 31 May 2022 13:38

Southwood has never been offered more than a 2 year or a 1+1 contract. Suggests the club never had full confidence in him to develop into a first choice keeper. Contrast that to Boyce Clarke who was offered a 3 year contract at 18.

IIRC, 2 years ago he rejected a contract and then came back and signed a 1 year contract after his old one expired had as nothing better came in. Can't see him ever being more than backup here.

1018 posts