Points Deduction Incoming!

776 posts
WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Points Deduction Incoming!

by WestYorksRoyal » 17 Nov 2021 18:44

One point that's being missed is that if we get relegated this season, the suspended 6 points will be applied next season, presumably because it's impossible to keep up with FFP in L1 with the likes of Moore, Joao and Puscas under contract.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Nov 2021 18:46

WestYorksRoyal Lots of ITK people posting details about our business plan, and it looks pretty strict. But, surely it gives us freedom at the same time? We can offer the likes of Halilovic, Hoilett etc. extensions if we see fit, given that we know our limits. We were always going to lose Swift, but I wonder if retaining Laurent is out of reach too.

In short it does give us freedom in some ways. When Swift goes that is what 20k pw off the bill, if we can move Moore on next summer then another 30k goes.

Replace both with decent free agents at 10k pw and we've already saved 2m of the 5m on the budget just from 2 players.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 17 Nov 2021 18:46

Whilst I am relieved that it only six points docked. I fear that at the end of this season we will lose many players, as we will not be able to offer pay increases to the out of contract players. Hopefully, while Mr. Young is here in the UK he may be able to persuade some of those players to extend their contracts for a season or two. Keeping players whilst still abiding with the EFL's budget, will take some persuasion to get them to stay though.
Last edited by The Royal Forester on 17 Nov 2021 18:49, edited 1 time in total.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 17 Nov 2021 18:48

Stranded
WestYorksRoyal Lots of ITK people posting details about our business plan, and it looks pretty strict. But, surely it gives us freedom at the same time? We can offer the likes of Halilovic, Hoilett etc. extensions if we see fit, given that we know our limits. We were always going to lose Swift, but I wonder if retaining Laurent is out of reach too.

In short it does give us freedom in some ways. When Swift goes that is what 20k pw off the bill, if we can move Moore on next summer then another 30k goes.

Replace both with decent free agents at 10k pw and we've already saved 2m of the 5m on the budget just from 2 players.

How do we move Moore on?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Nov 2021 18:52

Stranded

We will get Rafael’s wages off the books in the summer. Moore will only have one year left so hopefully we can sell him for a nominal fee and the new club will take responsibility for his contract going forward. Get those two off the books saves £2 million straight away with no real damage to the squad.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Nov 2021 18:53

windermereROYAL
Stranded

How do we move Moore on?

Quite possible in the summer. Accept a nominal fee with the buyer taking on the final year of his contract. I think that’s a possibility.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Nov 2021 18:55

What this also means is that any players interested in joining Reading will do so knowing they won’t be signing on for big wages. That puts us in a stronger bargaining position.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 17 Nov 2021 18:56

Stranded

Let Rafael leave as well...i bet he's on a decent wedge of cash.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 17 Nov 2021 18:57

Zip
windermereROYAL
Stranded

How do we move Moore on?

Quite possible in the summer. Accept a nominal fee with the buyer taking on the final year of his contract. I think that’s a possibility.

I think that is quite likely if he has a half decent second half to this season, someone like West Brom may take him on as a squad player

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 17 Nov 2021 19:02

Mr Optimist
Zip
windermereROYAL
How do we move Moore on?

I think that is quite likely if he has a half decent second half to this season, someone like West Brom may take him on as a squad player

Players like security at the end of their contract too and we can't give him that. We're basically guaranteed to release him in 2023.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 17 Nov 2021 19:10

Feeling pretty good about this, 9 points would have been ok, but 6 is a real bonus. Now if we can just get a break on the injury crisis and a bit of luck, then maybe, just maybe we can catch back up and give ourselves a small chance of the playoffs.
This team when fully fit could be really dangerous in this league and more than capable of putting a run together at the back end of the season.
Now that hopefully everything is behind us it would be great to see to see a boost in attendance, it would be great to see 16,000 cheering the team on especially as its our 150th anniversary year.

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 17 Nov 2021 19:43

Excellent trolling of announcing Andy Carroll just as we get only 6points for being 27m over the limit….

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 17 Nov 2021 19:48

Can't see it posted so here's the link to the EFL page where you can find details of the business plan etc.

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/ju ... -decisions

So, which players that will still be under contract next season count towards the 25 with 3+ starts?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 Nov 2021 20:01

Zip What this also means is that noone will want to Join us

Corrected for you.

TheLawnMowerMan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by TheLawnMowerMan » 17 Nov 2021 20:06

Millsy
Zip What this also means is that noone will want to Join us

Corrected for you.

Craig Noone is playing in Australia so I doubt he'll be joining us.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 17 Nov 2021 20:07

Zip What this also means is that any players interested in joining Reading will do so knowing they won’t be signing on for big wages. That puts us in a stronger bargaining position.

How so ?
Surely it means playerswill just go to the clubs that will pay more than we can ?
However I think if you are smart you can recruit well without paying stupid money. Need to find players on the way up, rather than those on the way down.
We also have plenty of good youngsters who will have gained a lot by being around the first team this season. None will be on big wages but they will be in a good position to be proper first team options next year.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Nov 2021 20:09

Nameless
Zip What this also means is that any players interested in joining Reading will do so knowing they won’t be signing on for big wages. That puts us in a stronger bargaining position.

How so ?
Surely it means playerswill just go to the clubs that will pay more than we can ?
However I think if you are smart you can recruit well without paying stupid money. Need to find players on the way up, rather than those on the way down.
We also have plenty of good youngsters who will have gained a lot by being around the first team this season. None will be on big wages but they will be in a good position to be proper first team options next year.

Depends. Look at Halilovic.He chose to join us in the knowledge we would be limited in what we could pay

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Nov 2021 20:10

morganb Can't see it posted so here's the link to the EFL page where you can find details of the business plan etc.

So, which players that will still be under contract next season count towards the 25 with 3+ starts?

Luke Southwood
Liam Moore
George Puscas
Ovie Ejaria
Lucas Joao
Yakou Meite
Tom McIntyre.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 17 Nov 2021 20:13

£10k a week is still half a million a year, hardly anything to be sniffed at.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 17 Nov 2021 20:19

Zip
morganb Can't see it posted so here's the link to the EFL page where you can find details of the business plan etc.

Luke Southwood
Liam Moore
George Puscas
Ovie Ejaria
Lucas Joao
Yakou Meite
Tom McIntyre.

Thanks. The magnificent seven! Guess this will be supplemented by some of the more experienced academy lads, then free agents and loans. Is there any chance that any of the out of contract players will actually renew?

776 posts