358 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bournemouth (h)

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Oct 2021 21:39

Stranded
Zip
Stranded
It really hasn't but you do love to look on the negative side of things. He has had a poor couple of games but had been excellent before that.

It’s too early to say whether he will prove to be a good signing or not. It’s certainly too early to write him off.

Quite. He was good, has been poor and hopefully will improve again. After barely playing for years, he was always going to have peaks and troughs.

Agreed, so it's just SCIAG living in cloud cuckoo land.

Blue Label

by Blue Label » 31 Oct 2021 22:44

According to their local reporter that was the best away support he thinks they have had for the 20+ years he has been reporting on them.

Seems pretty poor with the success they have had. Not impressed.

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 31 Oct 2021 23:02

leon
karbota
leon You lads can argue all you like but we’re just not very good.

And when we make the same tactical mistakes over and over again that screams shit management.

I’m so utterly unconvinced with our set up.

Almost a sensible post (cut out the expletive). Great that we have some common ground here, time to bring back a British manager and players.

I disagree with everything you stand for. So fcuk off and stick your moronic racism up your educationally subnormal little Englander arse.

Calm down Leon, karbota sort of has a point! I’ve been watching Reading since 66, and I’ve seen a few styles of play over the years, and my opinion ( that I’m entitled to) is that I miss the English Style. The up at at them, the full blooded thunder of enthusiasm, determination and passion that seems to be missing in the present era that is dominated by the Continental style. The opinion of quite a few is that a British Manager with British players may possess more passion,but that’s hypothetical, but wishing for that does not constitute racism.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 01 Nov 2021 03:32

oldebiscuit
leon
karbota
Almost a sensible post (cut out the expletive). Great that we have some common ground here, time to bring back a British manager and players.

I disagree with everything you stand for. So fcuk off and stick your moronic racism up your educationally subnormal little Englander arse.

Calm down Leon, karbota sort of has a point! I’ve been watching Reading since 66, and I’ve seen a few styles of play over the years, and my opinion ( that I’m entitled to) is that I miss the English Style. The up at at them, the full blooded thunder of enthusiasm, determination and passion that seems to be missing in the present era that is dominated by the Continental style. The opinion of quite a few is that a British Manager with British players may possess more passion,but that’s hypothetical, but wishing for that does not constitute racism.

Yeahhhhh I dunno, sounds kinda like something a racist would say ngl.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 01 Nov 2021 06:46

oldebiscuit
leon
karbota

You may not be aware of this but literally EVERYTHING karbota has ever posted on here has had racist undertones.

under the tin

by under the tin » 01 Nov 2021 10:52

One of the most decent, honest managers we have had, Brian McDermott said "it was my job to work with what I've got".
He never moaned about the perceived lack of support he got in transfer budgets, injuries or whatever.
Seems to me that so many clubs have adopted the penchant for hiring "fancy coaches" these days, people who have a particular way of playing, and impress that style on the staff, whether they are capable of playing that way, or not. (see Rodgers, Stam, etc. I could go on.)
We all know what a big "miss" it is to be deprived of the firepower of Joao and Meite, but hey ho, they are unavailable, and it's the Manager's job to (guess what) work with what he's got left.
Currently, Puscas is the only senior striker available, and he can't hit a cow on the arse with a banjo, poor sod.
He's being asked to play up top on his own, due to the manager's inflexible system, to which he is not suited, and he walks onto the pitch in the certain knowledge that when the lighty uppy sub's board goes up, it's going to be his number on it.
Is it any wonder that his confidence is shot to bits?
Reality is that we are probably going to have points deducted sometime. Reality is without Swift's contribution, we'd be up sh!t creek. Reality is that Swift is likely to be shifted out in January, amongst others, possibly.
We need as many points as we can muster, and quick. I sincerely hope that Pauno has a road to Jerusalem moment, and adopts a more pragmatic use of resources available, and the way he uses them.
If the ball needs clearing, row Z is better than self-inflicted mistakes caused by inviting pressure.
Everybody being back for set pieces means nothing if challenges are not made, and also there is no "out ball".
Stick someone up top to help Puscas keep the ball away from our goal.
Both managers I referenced having an inflexible approach to playing style ended up being sacked. Now I frankly don't care if Pauno gets the bullet, he'll have a pay off. The ultimate disaster is if the looming points deduction means that Pauno's legacy will be leaving a club playing in League One. You think the attendances are poor now, Mr Yongge?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 01 Nov 2021 11:15

under the tin One of the most decent, honest managers we have had, Brian McDermott said "it was my job to work with what I've got".
He never moaned about the perceived lack of support he got in transfer budgets, injuries or whatever.
Seems to me that so many clubs have adopted the penchant for hiring "fancy coaches" these days, people who have a particular way of playing, and impress that style on the staff, whether they are capable of playing that way, or not. (see Rodgers, Stam, etc. I could go on.)
We all know what a big "miss" it is to be deprived of the firepower of Joao and Meite, but hey ho, they are unavailable, and it's the Manager's job to (guess what) work with what he's got left.
Currently, Puscas is the only senior striker available, and he can't hit a cow on the arse with a banjo, poor sod.
He's being asked to play up top on his own, due to the manager's inflexible system, to which he is not suited, and he walks onto the pitch in the certain knowledge that when the lighty uppy sub's board goes up, it's going to be his number on it.
Reality is that we are probably going to have points deducted sometime. Reality is without Swift's contribution, we'd be up sh!t creek. Reality is that Swift is likely to be shifted out in January, amongst others, possibly.
We need as many points as we can muster, and quick. I sincerely hope that Pauno has a road to Jerusalem moment, and adopts a more pragmatic use of resources available, and the way he uses them.
If the ball needs clearing, row Z is better than self-inflicted mistakes caused by inviting pressure.
Everybody being back for set pieces means nothing if challenges are not made, and also there is no "out ball".
Both managers I referenced having an inflexible approach to playing style ended up being sacked. Now I frankly don't care if Pauno gets the bullet, he'll have a pay off. The ultimate disaster is if the looming points deduction means that Pauno's legacy will be leaving a club playing in League One. You think the attendances are poor now, Mr Yongge?

This. Make it work. Puscas needs help.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Nov 2021 11:23

to be fair, don't think Pauno has moaned a great deal. He is obviously trying to work the best with what he has got and coming from a far more football educated background and seeing them in training every day thinks this set up is the best chance we have of getting results. And to be fair, with a threadbare squad, made up of bits and pieces players, we aren't actually doing too badly. We're not Barnsley or Hull.

We've played 'pragmatically' and scraped wins vs Barnsley, Cardiff, Boro and Fulham fairly recently tbh as well

Puscas actually had a couple of decent chances on Saturday. Yes we haven't played particularly to his strengths, but he did ok generally in the game, and can't really blame anyone else for missing those chances - esp the Swift rabona cross.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 01 Nov 2021 11:26

leon
under the tin One of the most decent, honest managers we have had, Brian McDermott said "it was my job to work with what I've got".

Yep - spot on really

Scarcely understand having 11 players back from a set piece. As he said, if you clear the ball, it comes straight back at you every time. Not like it works having everyone back either given the amount we’ve conceded!

under the tin

by under the tin » 01 Nov 2021 12:21

URZZZZ
leon

Yep - spot on really

Scarcely understand having 11 players back from a set piece. As he said, if you clear the ball, it comes straight back at you every time. Not like it works having everyone back either given the amount we’ve conceded!

I live on the coast now, so listen in on BBCRB.
Bournemouth had a corner fairly early in the game. Gooding picked up straight away that they pushed all of their outfield players forward for it, (had us watched) but then, Parker had noticed that we had left Swift and Puscas up, and was frantically waving three of his players back, who did so.
The later corner, which they scored from, Swift and Puscas were left up, then Swift started back, waving Puscas to do the same. Puscas threw his hands up in frustration, went near post, we know what happened.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Nov 2021 12:24

oldebiscuit
leon
karbota

Karbota being a known racist troll does though.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 01 Nov 2021 13:55

The only thing he could’ve done was play a midfield diamond and push probably Swift to play closer to Puscas. It would also have enabled Dele-Bashiru move more centrally, which he is more suited to

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 01 Nov 2021 14:03

leon

THen stop perpetuating it FFS.

He ONLY does it to get this sort of reaction.

There is a block function - so USE IT.

That way I don't have to see the bs he writes when you quote it, which he probably doesn't even believe himself anyway.

If you are not blocking him and you are quoting him then you are the problem, not him.

I block people who quote him. I know you don't care but I don't want to be blocking you because I appreciate your posts too much so it's a tough situation, but others I just block so I have to see less of it.

For the love of God just block the troll and he'll disappear. It's not rocket science buddy.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 01 Nov 2021 15:14

Millsy
leon

That way I don't have to see the bs he writes when you quote it, which he probably doesn't even believe himself anyway.

If you are not blocking him and you are quoting him then you are the problem, not him.

I block people who quote him. I know you don't care but I don't want to be blocking you because I appreciate your posts too much so it's a tough situation, but others I just block so I have to see less of it.

For the love of God just block the troll and he'll disappear. It's not rocket science buddy.

Yeah thanks for that. :|

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 01 Nov 2021 17:51

leon
Millsy
leon

Yeah thanks for that. :|

Yes, it seems so simple for the cancel culture Wokie so PC they wouldn't know shit if they stepped in it.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 01 Nov 2021 17:59

Ignore list in full effect.

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 01 Nov 2021 18:37

CountryRoyal
oldebiscuit
leon

Do you come from Essex by any chance?

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 01 Nov 2021 19:17

oldebiscuit
CountryRoyal
oldebiscuit

Do you come from Essex by any chance?

No, Berkshire born.

358 posts