BFTG - Blackpool (A)

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

BFTG - Blackpool (A)

by CountryRoyal » 26 Feb 2022 20:35

Absolutely abysmal. Pathetic performance from the gutless twats. Really surprised and disappointed with that and it’s so below the level we are capable of. What is it with these players?

Ince needs to take huge blame for this, how has he not made the change earlier? How did Ince stay on the pitch? The selection confused me, was Holmes injured? Why move Rino to RB where he won’t be as effective, after being so influential in the Birmingham win. Why move Yids to LB where he’s looked so poor prior (though admittedly was probably the best of the bunch today). Midfield was atrocious, TDB was useless, ditto DD. Defence not even League One standard performances, Tmac and Morro crap. Swift deserved to be hooked at half time, a couple of decent bits of quality but by and large awful. Slowed things down way too much, doesn’t know when to shoot, indecisive. Southwood showing why he was dropped, one good save (straight at him) but was poor at commanding his box.

I lost count how many times we fcuked up decent opportunities, ignored runs, poor passes, being too indecisive. Our decision making as a team is laughably bad. Attitude today sucked, lack of urgency and lack of fight.

Only positive is Ejaria looked promising. Lots of work to do.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG - Blackpool (A)

by skipper » 26 Feb 2022 21:40

Capitulated again didn't we? Two late goals. Are we just knackered?

Not trying to make excuses, but Rhino played at right back.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 26 Feb 2022 21:46

CountryRoyal Absolutely abysmal. Pathetic performance from the gutless twats. Really surprised and disappointed with that and it’s so below the level we are capable of. What is it with these players?

Ince needs to take huge blame for this, how has he not made the change earlier? How did Ince stay on the pitch? The selection confused me, was Holmes injured? Why move Rino to RB where he won’t be as effective, after being so influential in the Birmingham win. Why move Yids to LB where he’s looked so poor prior (though admittedly was probably the best of the bunch today). Midfield was atrocious, TDB was useless, ditto DD. Defence not even League One standard performances, Tmac and Morro crap. Swift deserved to be hooked at half time, a couple of decent bits of quality but by and large awful. Slowed things down way too much, doesn’t know when to shoot, indecisive. Southwood showing why he was dropped, one good save (straight at him) but was poor at commanding his box.

I lost count how many times we fcuked up decent opportunities, ignored runs, poor passes, being too indecisive. Our decision making as a team is laughably bad. Attitude today sucked, lack of urgency and lack of fight.

We have only had two senior fullbacks all season yet our recent focus has been on signing two wingers, It’s as if we want to be relegated.
So with Rahman and Holmes out Ince had no choice than to play Rino at right back.
I suppose he could have brought in Abrefa.

As for T Ince he has been poor and I worry he will be preferred to the likes of Meite and Ejaria going forward.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 26 Feb 2022 21:46

We were decent in spells, had a few chances of our own…and certainly at 1-1 and 2-1, the game was very much in the balance…but our usual defensive frailties allowed them to score two cheap ones to round off the hammering. In truth, it did flatter Blackpool…BUT somehow it needs to stop happening. Our complete inability to defend is going to see us relegated.

On another note, Over the last few games I was very critical of Hein for flapping at crosses and poor kicking, just giving the ball straight back to the opposition. Well, Southwood did exactly the same thing today. Furthermore, at least two of the goals were on him…and he didn’t cover himself in glory for the others. Just like the defence needs to step up, so does he!

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 26 Feb 2022 21:49

skipper Capitulated again didn't we? Two late goals. Are we just knackered?

Not trying to make excuses, but Rhino played at right back.

A laughable comment.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 26 Feb 2022 22:56

Can't disagree with much of that.

I'm all up for PInce to take the job permanently but he's going to have to do an awful lot better kicking the guys into shape than that.

Let's see what a full week on the training ground does. Good luck to them they'll need it!

And I bloody hope Dai is putting feelers out for a manager in case. Took him so long to get rid of Pauno, we don't want to be 6 games in and he starts thinking about calling players' parents for help.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 26 Feb 2022 23:15

Hell to the no for Ince permenant. Left the subs about 20 minutes too late and even then took off the wrong player. No idea how Ince Jr stayed on the pi… oh wait nvm.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 26 Feb 2022 23:16

Zip
CountryRoyal Absolutely abysmal. Pathetic performance from the gutless twats. Really surprised and disappointed with that and it’s so below the level we are capable of. What is it with these players?

We have only had two senior fullbacks all season yet our recent focus has been on signing two wingers, It’s as if we want to be relegated.
So with Rahman and Holmes out Ince had no choice than to play Rino at right back.

As for T Ince he has been poor and I worry he will be preferred to the likes of Meite and Ejaria going forward.

It’s absolutely mind-boggling.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 27 Feb 2022 06:10

The first 2 goals we conceded were embarrassing. Really really poor. Blackpool were ok, nothing special but turned us over easily

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 27 Feb 2022 08:06

Royal_jimmy The first 2 goals we conceded were embarrassing. Really really poor. Blackpool were ok, nothing special but turned us over easily

And how many times have we said that this season….we are just so easy to get at.

Cripple Creek
Hob Nob Regular

by Cripple Creek » 27 Feb 2022 08:56

As someone unable to attend matches, genuine thanks to CountyRoyal for a really heartfelt and interesting report from a clearly deeply frustrated fan. But, blimey, while I believe him/her I didn't realise we are that atrocious.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Feb 2022 09:02

The scoreline definitely flattered pool. 2-1 was about right, 3-1 ok. 4-1 just doesn’t reflect the balance of play.

Most of the game we were one good moment from getting points.

Once upon a time .

by Once upon a time . » 27 Feb 2022 09:39

I can only comment on the highlights shown on Sky .
First 2 goals , headers within 4 yards of goal line . Weak goalkeeping , this is his area . Third goal , where were the defenders , nowhere near the attacker who has a direct path to goal , why isn’t he marked , when two of them get to him , they challenge like bloody schoolgirls ! Fourth goal , more schoolgirl defending , no strength of purpose in our box .
Whenever Southwood is in goal he is going to be pressured and bullied by attackers , this is a major problem .

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 27 Feb 2022 09:59

Snowflake Royal The scoreline definitely flattered pool. 2-1 was about right, 3-1 ok. 4-1 just doesn’t reflect the balance of play.

Most of the game we were one good moment from getting points.

This. At 2-1, even the Blackpool boss has said they looked shakey until the third. We had enough decent chances to grab a goal during that period. Sadly, comedy defending (and keeping) let us down yet again.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Feb 2022 10:02

Zip

I’m presuming Ashcroft and Bristow are also injured? Given that would agree that PInce pretty much had the defence chosen for him with the only other option being Abrefa into central defence allowing McIntyre to cover left back and then Yiadom and Rinomhota moving to their regular positions - and how many of us would have done that?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Feb 2022 10:33

Once upon a time . I can only comment on the highlights shown on Sky .
First 2 goals , headers within 4 yards of goal line . Weak goalkeeping , this is his area . Third goal , where were the defenders , nowhere near the attacker who has a direct path to goal , why isn’t he marked , when two of them get to him , they challenge like bloody schoolgirls ! Fourth goal , more schoolgirl defending , no strength of purpose in our box .
Whenever Southwood is in goal he is going to be pressured and bullied by attackers , this is a major problem .

Southwood seemed to be caught in two minds for the first and ended up in no man’s land. He has to take some responsibility for that but the marking was non existent.
For the second surely Morrison is mainly culpable. What on earth was he doing not jumping? Our centre backs have all been dismal this season bar Dann who has been at best average.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 27 Feb 2022 10:40

Why am I the only one that thought the second goal was a foul? Morrison could not jump because the guy was climbing all over him and holding him down.
Last edited by windermereROYAL on 27 Feb 2022 11:14, edited 1 time in total.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Feb 2022 11:05

windermereROYAL Why am I the only one that thought the second goal was a foul? Morrison could jump because the guy was climbing all over him and holding him down.

It may well have been a foul but Morrison didn’t appeal. He has to be much stronger there though.

Once upon a time .

by Once upon a time . » 27 Feb 2022 11:32

The second goal was headed in 3 yards from the goal line , the keeper can use his hands and can outreach any defender or attacker , Southwood is standing on his line , he must be commanding this area , he actually finishes behind the line , in the net . He must boss this area .
Admittedly our defenders should command their own box ( Sonko , style ) but I’ve not seen that for a few seasons . That close to goal is the keepers .

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Feb 2022 11:33

Zip
windermereROYAL Why am I the only one that thought the second goal was a foul? Morrison could jump because the guy was climbing all over him and holding him down.

It may well have been a foul but Morrison didn’t appeal. He has to be much stronger there though.

I’ve only watched it once but it looked like he was climbed all over. We are too nice sometimes - should have been all over the ref after that - like the kiddy second goal in the cup