BFTG - Preston

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

BFTG - Preston

by John Madejski's Wallet » 04 Nov 2022 22:30

What an awful all-round game of football. Reckon both keepers fell asleep in that first half
Two goals conceeded with no pressure applied to crosser/shooter, and nothing gelling up front. Just painful

Hoilett is a complete waste of space as RWB and Rahman is just bang average. Loum has the occasional good game but was completely off the pace again today. Yiadom had a stinker too

The only people that had half decent games imo were Holmes, Hendrick and Fornah

You can see why Preston score and concede so few, but its frustrating as they were there for the taking. In our few, brief spells their defence looked rocked

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - Preston

by AthleticoSpizz » 04 Nov 2022 22:36

Great…just great :|
Last edited by AthleticoSpizz on 04 Nov 2022 22:37, edited 1 time in total.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 04 Nov 2022 22:37

I hope Ince doesn't complain about fixture congestion.
We have plenty of options. He could have freshened the team up

Not sure what Fornah did to be dropped but he has to start on Tuesday.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 04 Nov 2022 22:39

Zip I hope Ince doesn't complain about fixture congestion.
We have plenty of options. He could have freshened the team up

Not sure what Fornah did to be dropped but he has to start on Tuesday.

Yeah he very bright and injected some oomph

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 04 Nov 2022 22:46

We were awful for large parts. Which makes it even more frustrating that just after we equalise and were in the ascendancy they go up the other end and score.

McIntyre is terrible right now, but we have no choice but to play him because there is no one else.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 04 Nov 2022 22:48

club1871 were a disgrace tonight, ruining the minute silence

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 04 Nov 2022 22:59

Loafer club1871 were a disgrace tonight, ruining the minute silence

You'd know all about hooliganism at football...

A man who was left heartbroken by the split from his high-school sweetheart has admitted threatening her new boyfriend at a Royals’ match.

XXXXXXX appeared at Reading Magistrates’ Court on Monday last week charged with using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour intended to cause fear of violence.

XXXXXXXX had already been given a police caution for calling his ex more than 100 times after their break-up but was arrested following an incident at the Madejski Stadium, when Reading were playing Birmingham on Sunday, May 3.

The court heard the former XXXXXXXX pupil had been to the game and seen his ex with her new boyfriend when trouble began, and the two engaged in ‘playground behaviour’.

Martin Chandler, defending, said: “Mr XXXXXXXXX admits flicking beer in the direction of XXXXXXXX and making two hurtful comments during the first half of the game, and he says there were looks at him during the second half of the match which he perceived as belittling.

“He accepts that on the way out of the ground he shouted abuse and accepted he was doing that before his parents met up with him and then there was nothing further.

“It was playground behaviour, an unfortunate incident of childish behaviour.”

XXXXXX, a first year business studies student at XXXXXXX, was fined £100 and ordered to pay £60 costs and a £15 victim surcharge.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 04 Nov 2022 23:34

It was stupid and clearly certain parts weren't paying attention when they said the silence would follow the Last Post but it didn't seem intentional as they quickly shut up.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 04 Nov 2022 23:42

We got suckered into Preston's appalling tactics. Preston are the most boring team I've seen us play in a very long time and have no idea how they're 5th. Continuous time wasting, strutting back after scoring both goals and their goalkeepers antics as bad as Lumley. They scored from our mistakes and didn't really create anything and although they are a stubborn side, they are limited.

Onto us, that was dismal from us tonight, as bad as I've seen us play all season. I didn't understand why Rahman started over NGW or why Joao didn't start. The whole team selection was negative and we lacked any kind of bite going forward, we created literally nothing all game. The penalty wasn't a penalty in my opinion but that was the only way we were going to score. We had to take the game to Preston and try and score first, but we never looked like it and if anything the players looked knackered. Pince keeps moaning about fixture congestion.. yes it's not great but he needs to rotate more.

4/10: Hoilett, Rahman
5/10: McIntyre, Meite, Ince, Loum, Carroll
6/10: Lumley, Holmes, Yiadom

Subs: we played slightly better when they came on but were still poor.

Very disappointing defeat. We need to win one of Watford or Hull. The games after the world cup look tough as well. We could still be sucked into a relegation battle yet.
Last edited by Royal_jimmy on 04 Nov 2022 23:48, edited 2 times in total.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 04 Nov 2022 23:43

Orion1871 We were awful for large parts. Which makes it even more frustrating that just after we equalise and were in the ascendancy they go up the other end and score.

McIntyre is terrible right now, but we have no choice but to play him because there is no one else.

I was shouting close him down for the second. It was unbelievable that we had numbers and he didn’t steam out and he did fcuk all Absolute basics.

Tbf we’re missing Hutchinson the sooner he’s back the better.

Holmes is coming on well. His passing in the second half was very sharp. Fast, incisive.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Nov 2022 00:04

Watched the first half and last 15 minutes of the second.

Dull.

My 7 a side earlier this evening was on a par.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 05 Nov 2022 00:10

tidus_mi2

It was stupid and clearly certain parts weren't paying attention when they said the silence would follow the Last Post but it didn't seem intentional as they quickly shut up.

Tbf someone in the ED started clapping after the last post. This led to a smattering of applause. Someone in the away end shouted something and then 1871 piped up.

All in all, a fcuking shambles.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 05 Nov 2022 00:30

Rahman, Hoilett and yiadom - all been shit for last few games, the worst of the lot tonight, utter dreadful, all going to the world cup!

Coincidence?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Nov 2022 06:32

Thoroughly dismal game. PNE an awful watch and we fell into their rubbish trap

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 05 Nov 2022 07:35

You could see why they are such a hard side to beat, but if I had to watch that every week I would give up on football, we absolutely gifted them the points.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 05 Nov 2022 08:00

Disappointing performance really. There seems to be a conundrum with selection up front. Do we go for the battering ram approach of Carroll and Meite or the more ground-based and subtle approach of Joao and Long.

Last night Ince opted for the battering ram. Before the game that must have seemed a decent ploy. Preston very well organised defensively, maybe Carroll and Meite could rough them up a bit and knock them out of their stride.

That only works of course if the balls into them give them something to go at. On too many occasions the balls into them were directed badly giving them too much to do to retrieve the situation. Carroll barely got a decent ball into him the whole game, let alone a cross to go at.

Tbf to Ince he spotted it wasn’t working and he made the right changes. We looked better with the Joao/Long axis on the pitch.

Admirable as Preston’s defensive resolution was, our defence was poor tonight. McIntyre had a poor game, Yiadom a mare, Holmes OK, Baba, poor.

Loum rightly hooked, never got close to Preston.

Don’t really blame Ince for that, just one of those games but the worrying aspect now Is that we are on a poor run and now seem to lack confidence.

PS. I nearly vommed at the Preston celebrations around Evans for the winning goal.

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 05 Nov 2022 08:36

- We started with our ‘away’ team
- Everyone was crying out for a Blackburn esque performance
- Can’t complain about fixture congestions if starts majority of same attacking players
- Fornah just had to start and has to start Tuesday
- Baba a liability, MGW has to start next game
- Stating obvious - horrendous night
- Would start Ince and Long up top Tuesday
- Ince much better off front man high pressing
- Sarr and Hutchinson really are big players we are missing

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 05 Nov 2022 08:45

leon
tidus_mi2

Tbf someone in the ED started clapping after the last post. This led to a smattering of applause. Someone in the away end shouted something and then 1871 piped up.

All in all, a fcuking shambles.

Club 1871 let the club down again. End of. And on TV for the world to witness. An utter embarrassing shambles, much like the movement as a whole.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Nov 2022 09:10

paultheroyal Rahman, Hoilett and yiadom - all been shit for last few games, the worst of the lot tonight, utter dreadful, all going to the world cup!

Coincidence?

Good connection.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 05 Nov 2022 09:15

hughsies no.1 - We started with our ‘away’ team
- Everyone was crying out for a Blackburn esque performance
- Can’t complain about fixture congestions if starts majority of same attacking players
- Fornah just had to start and has to start Tuesday
- Baba a liability, MGW has to start next game
- Stating obvious - horrendous night
- Would start Ince and Long up top Tuesday
- Ince much better off front man high pressing
- Sarr and Hutchinson really are big players we are missing

I agree with all of this. As it was our last home game before the World Cup I honestly thought we’d put in a decent performance. At the end of the game I felt that we were back to last season.

We desperately need a win from the Watford or Hull game but I am not confident we’ll get any points. I think a side will get relegated this season with 50+ points and I am hoping it won’t be us.